Chick-fil-A | News | Pat Robertson

BigGayDeal.com

Pat Robertson on Chick-fil-A : Gays Should Either Perform an Ass-Birth or 'Shut Their Mouths' - VIDEO

Robertson

Pat Robertson's been thinking a lot about a piece of white meat between two buns.

He's had it with gays protesting Chick-fil-A, Right Wing Watch reports:

"It’s a chicken sandwich, it’s a piece of white meat chicken between two pieces of white bread, it’s also a milkshake, now we’re going to go have demonstrations over that? But you know something, I was reading today in Leviticus, which is the law of the Old Testament, but it lays out the reasons why land will vomit out its inhabitants and it goes through a category of stuff we are calling Constitutional rights: killing babies, offering them to Moloch, and it says it is an abomination for a man to lie with a man as with a woman. It’s what it says. That is the moral law that God set forth and now we’ve got people at a university petitioning because somebody said I believe that marriage is between a man and a woman. I defy these homosexuals to bring forth a baby from that part of the anatomy which they concentrate on, when that happens I will change everything I’m saying; until that happens, I wish those demonstrators would shut their mouth."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. EchtKultig: Interesting post. Go ahead - expound on your theory! Ted Haggard comes to mind, and I suppose others who were dragged out of their closet.

Littlekiwi is right, real theologians see Jesus as superceding all the letter of the old laws and replacing them with a more modern for the time message of loving mankind and honoring God. You know, like he said.

Ole Pat must have one of those redacted versions of Leviticus since he actually consulted it but only saw one or two sentences.

Posted by: emjayay | Aug 10, 2012 3:38:31 PM

2. It's funny how he quotes only the parts of liviticus that suit his argument at any given time, the remainder are to be brushed aside.
    Denying us the right to marry based on religious or biblical teachings will not pass the constitutional smell test. My partner of over 35 years and I will probably never see it in our life times as we are both in our 60's. But you youngsters will eventually see it, it is inevitable. When it happens those of us from the "Stonewall Generation" will be there with you in spirit. Have patience boys and girls it will come.

Posted by: Iwontgrowup | Aug 10, 2012 3:40:42 PM

3. I am displeased with the one you call Pat Robertson.

Also my offerings are late. And, no more dead babies. I've always preferred a fatted calf.

Posted by: Moloch | Aug 10, 2012 3:53:54 PM

4. Just die and make the world a better place.

Posted by: ludsa | Aug 10, 2012 4:08:25 PM

5. I took a really big dump this morning. It felt like an ass birth...

Posted by: Ron | Aug 10, 2012 4:11:46 PM

6. I hope he strokes out in the night and leaves this earth for the fires of hell.

Posted by: Bobby | Aug 10, 2012 4:12:13 PM

7. Why do I find him morbidly funny? Is there something wrong with me?

Posted by: grench | Aug 10, 2012 4:29:58 PM

8. Did you hear? It's going viral. Huffpost is all atwitter. Brian Fischer and Pat Robertson have been caught together hooked through a glory hole.

Posted by: UFFDA | Aug 10, 2012 4:34:01 PM

9. So, if this gas bag hypocrit actually read Leviticus, he would see that the eating of lobster, crab or shrimp is described with the same word as two men lying together is... a word that means "ritually unclean". Rather than his derogatory fixation on a body area that resembles him, maybe he should focus on boycotting Red Lobster and the seafood industry for its biblical hedonism. Otherwise, the mouth shutting he yearns for should be his own.

Posted by: Rob w. | Aug 10, 2012 4:36:07 PM

10. omg! I had no idea that Paty had gay parentz. He'z a real azz-baby

Posted by: Woodroad34 | Aug 10, 2012 4:52:03 PM

11. Fundamentalists only cite Leviticus when it's absoulutely convenient.

Posted by: R. | Aug 10, 2012 5:13:37 PM

12. The scholars I have read say the phrase in Leviticus was because God wanted His chosen people to propagate and fill the world. He killed one man because he spilled his seed by pulling out. Also, notice God said nothing about women.

My theory is that now the world is over populated and God is making more people Gay so we can get the population back to a manageable size. I think that the world would be amazed at the number of Gay people if we all came out.

Posted by: JellyBean | Aug 10, 2012 5:36:52 PM

13. Why is the ancient cretin still breathing?!

Posted by: jaragon | Aug 10, 2012 5:37:15 PM

14. and these lovely statements are coming from a man of the cloth? These statements are not very Christian and in fact fan the flames of hate. This of course is the type of shooting from the hip statements, we should expect from Robertson.

Posted by: Bernie | Aug 10, 2012 5:42:51 PM

15. It's all about freedom of speech, but the Rev. Robertson wishes we would just STFU? Got it.

Posted by: MajorTom | Aug 10, 2012 6:31:51 PM

16. No heart. No brain. And yet his gums are still flapping and crap keeps coming out.

There are few deaths I would be tactless enough to celebrate... but his is certainly going to be one of them.

Posted by: jexer | Aug 10, 2012 6:38:18 PM

17. This old sh*t talking about the Old Testament and "killing babies". The same book also mentioned God told Moses to kill everyone in the city he conquered including babies and women. Of course they raped the women before killing them.

Posted by: simon | Aug 10, 2012 6:39:31 PM

18. For Christians, Little Kiwi's comment is spot on; for the huge secular portion of the population, Robertson's rant is comic relief. But let me offer a translation. Robertson and other Christianist morons are freaking out this election season because gay civil rights are only being used as a wedge issue by Democrats—in our favor. Any Republicans who are uncomfortable with equality are quiet as a church mouse. I don't hear one tiny little peep of protest about the advance of gay civil rights from either Romney or Boehner and the Congressional Republicans. This sea change brings us full circle from the election of 2004, when the Republicans used marriage equality as a wedge issue AGAINST us. This cultural revolution in national politics within the space of eight years accounts for Robertson's public fits. Thorazine is in order for the increasingly unbalanced Mr. Robertson.

Posted by: Artie_in_Lauderdale | Aug 10, 2012 6:49:23 PM

19. If we performed an ass birth, another Pat Robertson would come out. So, no thanks.

Posted by: Richard | Aug 10, 2012 6:55:44 PM

20. Jesus was an ass-birth!

Posted by: Jesus Was an Ass Birth! | Aug 10, 2012 7:19:34 PM

21. Littlekiwi, great comment!

He's not just cherry-picking. He's undermining the underpinnings of Christian belief. This confirms my belief that the version of the Bible that anti-gay fundamentalists read was edited by Satan. Which might also explain why so many also believe the Bible was originally written in English.

Posted by: John | Aug 10, 2012 7:49:45 PM

22. Seems like a logical statement coming from someone who poops out of his mouth all of the time!

Posted by: Kenneth | Aug 10, 2012 8:38:53 PM

23. All I can say is, thank god I wuz born in Canada.

Posted by: Randal Oulton | Aug 11, 2012 2:32:52 AM

24. He's an ass birth. Idiot.

Posted by: Michelle Nicholls | Aug 11, 2012 4:00:30 AM

25. Gay women can give birth. So, there. Argument over.

It's just so odd that so many anti-gay people (mostly men) fixate on gay men and anal sex (I assume that's what Pat was referring to). It's like they totally forget about gay women, their biology, and probable sexual activities.

Come on Pat, let's make innuendo about lady on lady sex.. Wait? Is that a sin? Did God say anything about women laying with women? If not, there's half the argument right there. Let's give gay women the right to marry RIGHT NOW since they can have babies and God didn't say it's bad for them to scissor.

Posted by: lookyloo | Aug 11, 2012 4:02:07 AM