Barcelona | Gay Pride | News | Sitges | Spain

Sitges, Spain Shows Off Its Orgullo: VIDEO

Sitges

Sitges, Spain (just south of Barcelona) held its third Gay Pride this year.

Its tourism bureau flexes its muscle, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Well they've sold me!

Posted by: John | Aug 8, 2012 3:02:36 PM

2. Sitges is such a small sleepy little Mediterranean town, but it is amazingly gay friendly.

Posted by: DrJWL | Aug 8, 2012 3:39:46 PM

3. Spanish guys and gays are so hot.

Posted by: Matt26 | Aug 8, 2012 3:42:19 PM

4. It is small, but it isn't sleepy during season. With more gay bars than straight, beaches, dining and friendly, beautiful Spanish men, it is one of my favorite places on earth!

Posted by: Kenneth | Aug 8, 2012 4:21:16 PM

5. I agree with Kenneth!

Posted by: StillMarriedinCA | Aug 8, 2012 4:43:30 PM

6. I've thought about going to Spain (specifically Madrid), but I heard that they barely understand or speak English, so I'd probably feel really isolated and lonely considering I speak no Spanish.

Posted by: Jon | Aug 8, 2012 4:45:24 PM

7. Jon, you can get by almost anywhere in Spain without speaking Spanish, though if you know a little it always helps and language dictionaries can be invaluable, but Spain is a very friendly country and you can meet people from all over the world there. Madrid is more difficult than Barcelona or Sitges if you speak no Spanish, but even there you can get by. I have met people from the US, England and Australia while visiting, as well as quite a few locals. I do speak some Spanish, but trust me, if you don't - you shouldn't let that be the only reason not to visit.

Posted by: Kenneth | Aug 8, 2012 4:57:17 PM

8. Now those guys... those are men.

Posted by: johnny | Aug 8, 2012 5:22:22 PM

9. I wanna go to Spain (whine)!

Posted by: John Freeman | Aug 8, 2012 5:30:03 PM

10. Kenneth, thank you for that reassurance. Maybe I will go after all :)

Posted by: Jon | Aug 8, 2012 6:07:32 PM

11. Well that looks like fun. Seems everyone was included not just the young.

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Aug 8, 2012 6:43:45 PM

12. I love Sitges- I suggest renting an apt and exploring the nearby beaches as there are many. The locals love it when you befriend them. The train to BCN is easy and quick. You will find plenty of people from all over the world staying there during the high season, July thru August. I've made many friends who I've hung out with state side or else where in Europe. Very friendly place!

Posted by: Rob | Aug 8, 2012 7:19:05 PM

13. It's 20 minutes by commuter train from Barcelona. That train ride is beautiful. Spanish men can be very aggressive, passionate and romantic. I have some fond memories. Spain in general is welcoming and not knowing the language shouldn't be a problem.

Posted by: Markt | Aug 8, 2012 7:51:07 PM

14. AND we can get married there :)

Posted by: t | Aug 8, 2012 8:52:48 PM

15. WOw! American living and working in Sitges here. Love towerload. It's a nice surprise to see this posted. Sorry for my spelling. Just got home from work at the bar. ("mojito" btw ) Sitges is the best , the craziest, the dirtiest in the best way. If you feel stuffed up and bored, make a bee line for the beach, and get in line for a drink!

Posted by: chris | Aug 8, 2012 10:05:16 PM

16. Loved Sitges .....The original gay resort

Posted by: rjp3 | Aug 8, 2012 10:09:00 PM

17. Sitges sure looks like fun. Although I speak no Spanish, I know I will after I hooked up with some Spanish guys.

Posted by: Max | Aug 9, 2012 2:09:51 AM

18. Never heard of the place, but am glad I did! :)

Posted by: millerbeach | Aug 9, 2012 5:17:40 AM

19. I've been to Sitges. Had more fun than I deserve.

Posted by: Curt | Aug 9, 2012 7:31:51 AM

20. Why is it that when cities like Sitges promote gay pride events, there are *NO* lesbians anywhere to be found?

Lesbians outnumber gay men. It pisses me off that there's such a massive contingent of gay men who flock to places where women are a complete afterthought... or held up as mere divas to be worshipped, mocked or envied.

I'm waiting for the day when the trappings of gay pride events actually are inclusive of all four letters... LGB and T.

Posted by: GMB | Aug 9, 2012 7:32:18 AM

21. I'm jealous now that I didn't go

Posted by: Joseph | Aug 9, 2012 10:05:51 AM

22. Love it! Been to Barcelona 7 times and Sitges twice - I'm not done with either!

Posted by: DannX68 | Aug 9, 2012 11:50:13 AM

23. The guy with the tats on the far right has the most delicious tits.

Posted by: Jase | Aug 9, 2012 2:32:24 PM

24. Sitges is great! Located down the coast from BCN, you don't have to wait until Pride- September is great, FEB has the gayest carnival in Europe, and the Boys start showing up around April/May. Many great memories in Sitges! If you are Young or Old just come and have a good time don't worry about the language many foreigners fill up the town during the summer months you can always find someone who speaks English.

www.lebeaufoto.tumblr.com/archive

Posted by: LeBeau Foto | Aug 9, 2012 7:53:38 PM

25. Ive been to sitges quite a few times now and been to the first two gay prides. Unfortunately they weren't very good! It felt more like a oney making scheme than a pride and it was dragged out over a week but not that many things were put on to entertain you. Saying that I love sitges but its so much better when its not gay pride!

Posted by: Rob Taylor | Aug 10, 2012 5:47:11 AM