California | Chick-fil-A | Gay Marriage | News

Straight Guys Protest Chick-Fil-A With Gay Kiss: VIDEO

SkylerStoneChick

Eager to show his disappointment with Chick-Fil-A and CEO Dan Cathy's anti-gay politics, actor Skyler Stone enlisted his equally straight friend, comic Mike Smith, to join a kiss-in outside the fast food franchise's Hollywood locations.

Watch the results AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. Funny, pointed, moral, and very kind. Those guys have a new fan.

Posted by: Tarc | Aug 9, 2012 2:46:57 PM

2. That's totally stupid, lame BS.

Posted by: Alejo | Aug 9, 2012 3:01:02 PM

3. a waste of my life, will never get those 5 minutes back.... this does nothing, besides giving them some publicity...

they made fun of the situation, the cause, and gay men..... I mean, who kisses like that?

Posted by: V-8 | Aug 9, 2012 3:09:00 PM

4. Funny.

Posted by: Malo | Aug 9, 2012 3:48:51 PM

5. I thought it was adorable and I think that the sentiment behind it was genuine and laudable.

Posted by: Mike Hipp | Aug 9, 2012 4:00:25 PM

6. Lot's of sticks up butts in here today.

Posted by: Astro Boy | Aug 9, 2012 4:32:46 PM

7. Well Mike was cute and seemed like a good guy, but the "comedian" was sort of attention whoring and it is pretty annoying that they chose to still support chick-fil-a by buying their food.

Posted by: testintg | Aug 9, 2012 4:50:36 PM

8. It was nice to see some straight support but I would have felt better about it if they had not bought anything from Chik-Full-of-Hate ! The best way to make them change it to stop buying their products.

Posted by: Icebloo | Aug 9, 2012 5:02:04 PM

9. That was fun to watch. Mike Smith, the tall guy with the pony tail, is HOT! I gotta admit, I was totally turned on watching him. But alas, he has a good looking blond girlfriend.

Posted by: andrew | Aug 9, 2012 5:05:42 PM

10. ASTRO BOY - you got that right!

So they bought the product. So what? So they got a little attention. So what? They did a good thing and you can bet they're on our side. Their fathers' generation aren't. I call it progress...with hotness.

And so and so taking his hair down while in flagrante delecto (for a wild kiss) was fine abandon to boot.

Posted by: UFFDA | Aug 9, 2012 5:29:00 PM

11. Stunts like this are why we continue to lose the culture war among moderates still trying to decide what they think about gay rights. You know, the ones who keep not coming out to vote favorably for us on referendums. Because on one side you have people who get to claim they are simply "pro family" and worried about "the social fabric" and "sexual morality" and "the children." And on the other side you have LGBT folk and allies who think that being abrasive, juvenile, and frankly stupid is somehow going to make a difference. And yes, I put Menino and Emmanuel in this category.

Posted by: Stefan | Aug 9, 2012 5:47:15 PM

12. Did these guys learn kissing from "Brokeback Mountain"

Posted by: jaragon | Aug 9, 2012 5:50:42 PM

13. Lols. But they still bought their food.

Posted by: marks | Aug 9, 2012 6:00:01 PM

14. I would have picked Mike too.

Posted by: Bobby | Aug 9, 2012 6:24:13 PM

15. I don't know how anybody could find fault with this. But on the other hand, I know just how b*tchy my gay brethren can be. Well--get over it: this was a cool, sweet thing for them to do. The only thing I didn't like was--all that mouthwash and breath mints. REALLY??

Posted by: Daniel Berry, NYC | Aug 9, 2012 6:26:25 PM

16. thanks guys. isn't amazing how straight guys can do exactly the same act as gay men and it's taken totally differently

let's hug and pat some butt!

Posted by: t | Aug 9, 2012 9:16:28 PM

17. ...oh, but yeah their kiss was dumb. if real gay people were so unsexy i'm sure chic-fil-a wouldn't feel threatened at all :P but hey, they're straight and one (the hot one) is from chicago, what do you expect?

Posted by: the nathan | Aug 9, 2012 9:24:59 PM

18. Mike Smith, why aren't you answering my calls? All I want to do is go down on you, I mean go down memory lane and talk about your protest kiss.

Posted by: andrew | Aug 9, 2012 10:10:20 PM

19. I thought it was very funny.

Posted by: Pepo | Aug 10, 2012 12:24:14 AM

20. i agree w/ those saying FAIL!!!!

their message and actions would've been much better aligned had they NOT bought CFA and instead done the same video but with MCDONALD'S food while sitting at/right outside CFA.

ugh

Posted by: redball | Aug 10, 2012 2:00:11 AM

21. @Redball: yep, they didn;t do it exactly the way you would have done it. Too damn bad.

Posted by: andrew | Aug 10, 2012 4:48:44 AM

22. Did any of ya'll notice the boners both dudes were packin afterwards?

Posted by: mick | Aug 10, 2012 9:17:31 PM

23. ...aaaaaand, they bought stuff. #counterproductive

Posted by: Cameron | Aug 11, 2012 10:31:18 AM

24. Fruit Cakes! Defined! Homosexuals are still freaks!

Posted by: Aurora | Aug 14, 2012 1:39:57 PM

25. Any gay person who rejects the genuine demonstrated acceptance and support of straight folks is an ass. These guys rock! And it's -these- kinds of straight guy that I can echo "I love the straights" back to.
    If we are going to move forward with equal right for everyone, including freedom to marry, we must embrace the genuine straight folks out there who demonstrate their support and as a result, deserve ours wholeheartedly.

Posted by: BrokebackBob | Aug 29, 2012 8:01:09 AM