Gay Marriage | News | Todd Akin | Victoria Jackson

Victoria Jackson Loves Her Gay Friends And Todd Akin, Too

VictoriaJacksonFormer Saturday Night Live star and current conservative fundamentalist Victoria Jackson was of course at the Republican National Convention in Tampa, which where Sirius radio host Michelangelo Signorile ran into her and asked the Tea Partier to sound of on Todd "legitimate rape" Akin.

You can be sure Jackson, a woman who thinks all Muslims are terrorists and describes gay kisses as "sickening", had plenty to say.

"The Todd Akin thing was so blown out of proportion -- it's a joke," she said. "How many times do people get pregnant from rape? It's point zero zero one percent. It's a joke.

She went on: "I read lots of articles. I know people, because I'm 53. I've know a lot of people, and I've actually never known anyone who got pregnant from being raped."

Jackson also said that if she got pregnant from a rape, she would have the baby.

I think that God can turn a bad thing into a good thing. And that, if I got raped and a beautiful baby who was innocent was born out of it, that would be a blessing. The DNA of a baby is individual. It's not the mother's DNA. It's not the father's DNA. And that's why I believe abortion is murder, because it's not the woman's body. It has it's own DNA. If there's a boy baby inside of me, he has a penis. That's not my body.

Signorile later asked Jackson to respond to former friend Dan Steadman's public claim that Jackson turned her back on him because he's gay. "I love my gay friends," she told Signorile. "My best friends who are gay, I've actually never seen them with a boyfriend. It's like -- we've never talked about sex. I don't think people should identify themselves by their sexual life. My identity is in Christ... But I don't think people should make their identity about their sex life. That should be private."

Would it be inappropriate to point out here that it was a self-professed "normally sexed" person, Karl-Maria Kertbeny, who first used the word "homosexual" in print, forever making sex part of straight and LGBT people's identities alike?

Comments

1. "The female body shuts down in such circumstances"...giggle, giggle. You know, come to think of it...I did see what looked like a red "stop sign" in front of a vagina once but stupid me...I just thought it was that time of month.

Posted by: PAUL B. | Aug 31, 2012 10:09:04 PM

2. Someone here spouts what he think is an intelligent repose but alas, he hath no intelligence - may have studied at the same higher-learning institution that the subject of this article attended. The not-so-rare occurrence of pregnancy after rape has nothing to do with a woman's body shutting down - been reading too much into Akin's oratories. A rapist does not pick his victim based on when they are fertile, they just want to attack at that moment. Women are only fertile for about 5 days a month, so the rape has to be coincidental with the victim's cycle for even a chance at pregnancy. Just common sense here. BTW, the pregnancy rate of rape victims is 5-6% and not the "point zero zero percent" our honorary subject seems to think.

Posted by: Tothepoint | Aug 31, 2012 10:11:43 PM

3. @RICCO:

Why don't you save your energy for the real enemy!! Guess what? It isn't SNL and it isn't feaking out on people who have the nerve to comment on one of your sermons to us. You want the show shutdown because they haven't made fun of this loser. How do you know they haven't? Do you watch the show every week? Then when someone points out why maybe they haven't you freak out. Chill out man.

Posted by: PAM | Aug 31, 2012 10:32:21 PM

4. Victoria, It's easy enough to IMAGINE what we would do in a crisis or trauma. It's not so easy to KNOW what we would do.

Posted by: john patrick | Aug 31, 2012 10:55:31 PM

5. @PAM . . . SNL is not my enemy. I simply made a point, one that was neither directed at you or GABE . . . yet both of you felt the need to go on the offensive. Yo are the one freaking out, and of course I recognize you, we all recognize you as the HAG who writes anti-gay pretending comments pretending to say something meaningful.

No one was talking to you, yet here you are shoving your oar in.

LOL - It is you who needs to chill out Brother . . . Sister . . . whatever you are.

Peace Out

I am

Posted by: Ricco | Aug 31, 2012 11:02:31 PM

6. "Hello Mothership? This is Earth. Ms. Jackson needs to be picked up. Thanks."

Posted by: M. Scott Hernandez | Aug 31, 2012 11:31:48 PM

7. Actually a different Pam, but whatever. Ricco is the one being defensive. Chill.

Posted by: PAM | Aug 31, 2012 11:40:29 PM

8. You made a point. I made a point. You get all bugged out. I guess no one is allowed to comment on your posts. They are untouchable. I'm sorry O great one! Geeze.

There are bigger fish to fry than Ms. Jackson. Saying a TV show should shut down over her makes no sense. Priorities.

Posted by: GABE | Aug 31, 2012 11:49:31 PM

9. Another old anti-gay Christian hater, honey give it up, you are fooling nobody.

Posted by: Mike | Sep 1, 2012 12:50:29 AM

10. Why is it important for us to pay attention to the ramblings and spouting of ignorant crap from a person that became a wee bit famous for spouting off ignorant crap that others wrote for her every week?

Posted by: vann | Sep 1, 2012 7:18:12 AM

11. @Jason: According to the CDC, the probability of conception due to rape is 6.5% and the probability of conception due to consensual sex is 5%. The contention that the probability of conception due to rape is very small is promulgated by right to lifers who don't want to seem ogres by forcing a woman to carry to term a pregnancy due to rape. The figure is based on a specious statistical argument based on 1970s data. The contention that the woman's body has such a miraculous ability to shut down conception due to rape is pure science fiction.

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Sep 1, 2012 7:55:12 AM

12. Uh, Victoria, honey? Typically, you got your science facts just a little, tiny bit screwed up (not to mention your logic, but we'll save that for another post).

Uh, sweetie, how do you think they can prove paternity if it wasn't for DNA testing? I mean, I'm just sayin', ya know?

Oh, and, uh, Vickie? Here's a little-known (to you) scientific, reproductive fact: do you know what the primary function of the placenta is during pregnancy, honey?

Well, the fetus is viewed by the woman's immune system as an alien organism her entire pregnancy, and if it was not for the placenta filtering out the killer white cells of a woman's blood, they would attack and destroy the fetus and it would be purged from a woman's body.

So, uh, Vickie, I guess your woman's body ain't very, um, "pro-life".

Oh, yeah, another thing. As a gay man, I do not identify myself by my sex life. I never have. It's what I FEEL inside, Vickie, my HUMANITY, my, well, QUEERNESS, that's how I "identify" myself. Sex got nothin' to do with it, OK?

Oh, and to the author of this piece: Karl-Maria Kertbeny did invent the term "homosexual", true, but he was attempting to provide a psychological classification for the entirety of "same-sex" attraction.

His intentions were benign and many people rejected his hypothesis that "homosexuality" is not an aberration but a psychological state as natural as opposite-sex attraction. He never intended it to be a blanket description for gay people because he felt that sexuality is a very small component of the overall psychological make-up of a human being.

Posted by: jamal49 | Sep 1, 2012 12:40:10 PM

13. Hey, Victoria, you should know that your old pal Toonces,the Cat Who Could Drive a Car, was gay. He had a long-term relationship with Morris the Cat, the Liberace of the feline world. I know you think that because he was once married to Hello Kitty that he must be straight, but everybody knows she's the cat equivalent of Kelly Preston.

Posted by: bobbyjoe | Sep 1, 2012 12:49:51 PM

14. Dammit Diogenes - you fed the troll!

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Sep 1, 2012 2:34:51 PM

15. I'd love to hear from her "gay friends".

Posted by: Houndentenor | Sep 1, 2012 3:46:07 PM

16. She has gay friends and believes that gay kisses are "sickening". Yea that computes.

Posted by: andrew | Sep 1, 2012 4:35:58 PM

17. Hey Jason!

You've spotted a problem, have you? From your comment:

"…the problem with the male-male paradigm is that it combines two high sex drives."

So the male-male paradigm is a problem for you? Is the problem theoretical, or is the problem that you don't get laid?

Posted by: Artie_in_Lauderale | Sep 1, 2012 11:20:00 PM

18. Who knew that all those times Victoria was playing dumb on SNL, she wasn't acting.

Posted by: andrew | Sep 1, 2012 11:42:44 PM

19. All males have high sex drives? Gee, you could have fooled me! I didn't know every guy is just a sex machine. I guess when you know everything like Jason/Rick does, you can make such broad statements.

Posted by: OKEYDOKEY | Sep 2, 2012 12:25:19 AM

20. You can find all of her gay friends in the same place where her career is: nowhere to be found!

Posted by: DAN | Sep 2, 2012 2:19:43 PM

21. Blah, blah, blah! Is this all that you fart knockers have got to complain about? Your elders braved police batons, pink scares, and bald faced intolerance, and you sit now sniping at anyone who dares to have an opinion you don't like. The bullied have become the bullies.

Posted by: Mick | Sep 3, 2012 9:20:21 PM