2012 Election | Ann Romney | Gay Marriage | Gay Marriage Quotes | Iowa | Mitt Romney

BigGayDeal.com

Ann Romney Will Not Talk About Your Family

AnnRomneyIn a Friday interview with Iowan television station KWQC, Ann Romney declined three times to state her position on marriage equality. And she declined in the most dismissive possible way, insisting that the question of lesbian mothers' ability to wed isn't important to Americans -- an assertion with the unavoidable subtext that either lesbian mothers and their friends and families don't qualify as Americans, or else that lesbian mothers and their friends and families don't care much about marriage. Cruel or presumptuous: take your pick.

The full transcript is available at KWQC. Here are some excerpts:

Anchor David Nelson:  "Here in Iowa, as you know, same-sex marriage is legal.  Do you believe a lesbian mother should be allowed to marry her partner?"

Ann Romney:  "You know, I'm not going to talk about the specific issues.  I'm going to let my husband speak on issues.  I'm here to really just talk about my husband and what kind of husband and father he is and, you know, those are hot-button issues that distract from what the real voting issue is going to be at this election.  That, it's going to be about the economy and jobs.

And, frankly, the President said four years ago that if he doesn't turn this economy around he's going to be looking at a one-term presidency.  And I frankly believe that Mitt is the person that is so going to be focused on jobs and job creation and making sure that women's economic prosperity is more certain ...

Anchor David Nelson: "Do you believe that employer-provided health insurance should be required to cover birth control?"

Ann Romney:  "Again, you're asking me questions that are not about what this election is going to be about.  This election is going to be about the economy and jobs."

Anchor David Nelson:  "Well, a Pew Research poll shows those issues are very important to women, ranking them either "important" or "very important."

Ann Romney:  "You know, but I personally believe, and this is what I'm hearing from women all across the country that they are going to look for the guy that's going to pull them out of the weeds and get them job security and a brighter future for their children.  That's the message.

Lsten, I've been across this country, I've been for a year-and-a-half on the campaign trail.  I've spoken with thousands of women and they are telling me, they're telling me a couple of things, one they say they're praying for me which is really wonderful, and then they're saying, ‘please help, please help.  We are so worried about our jobs.' So really if you want to try to pull me off of the other messages it's not going to work because I know because I've been out there."

Anchor David Nelson:  "Well, I don't want to pull you off any message.  You just told a reporter who was questioning you in Cleveland that you want women to have a secure and stable future.  I asked you about marriage and whether lesbian mothers should be allowed to marry.  Isn't marriage a part of creating a stable future?"

Ann Romney:  "You know, again, I'm going to talk to you about the economy and about job creation and about how my husband is the right person for the right time.  This is going to be an election that is very important for women, and we are going to make sure that their economic prosperity is more certain under a President Romney."

Comments

1. It's good that Ann is keeping her mouth shut about marriage. Idiots shouldn't talk about stuff they don't understand.

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Sep 8, 2012 2:49:38 PM

2. Ann Romney is a REAL c*nt.

Posted by: Chicklets | Sep 8, 2012 2:50:25 PM

3. With 5 sons, she's one tough pussy to handle.

Posted by: Pommie | Sep 8, 2012 2:51:27 PM

4. She really looks mean.

Posted by: Sabrina | Sep 8, 2012 2:54:53 PM

5. A woman who has never worked a day in her life can’t make her husband seem “in touch” with the American people. Is there any doubt that a Romney administration would favor the rich and increase the income gap in our country? Mitt is a pariah in Mormon Clothing and will stop at nothing to expand an empire of greed for the rich in this country by expanding tax cuts for the 1% of the wealthiest Americans. He’s out to gut the Middle Class for every red cent he can get. Will his sacred Mormon underwear grant him the protection and money to buy this election? See for yourself as Mitt dons his tighty-whities sent down from the Good Lord Himself at http://dregstudiosart.blogspot.com/2012/05/mitt-romneys-magic-mormon-underwear.html

Posted by: Brandt Hardin | Sep 8, 2012 2:55:25 PM

6. Ann Romney is a lying, spoiled c***. Sorry for the language, but this Marie Antoinette Romney lady is way out of line:

During her RNC speech, Ann Romney said her WHOLE POINT was to NOT talk about the main political issues, but to talk about "LOVE...of a parent and a grandparent for their children and grandchildren."

How can she announce to the world that she is the Romney team's spokesperson regarding familial love---and then not address or acknowledge same-sex marriage?!

Further,, she clearly only memorized her speech to the RNC, and barely meant a word of it in reality. It was painfully obvious how directly she lied about understanding the troubles of regular Americans, and of American women. Hogwash; Ann Romney has AlWAYS been served EVErYTHING off a siler platter held by a servant. Lies floated off her tongue like it was nothing; did Mormon Sunday school teach her that is ok????

Ann Romney reminds me most of Cersei from Game of Thrones. Am I wrong that Cersei could've delivered Ann Romney's speech about as effectively?! Haha.

Of course, I laugh, expecting the fake witch wont become Queen. If she does, this country steps back into the 1750s. Yikes.

Posted by: just_a_guy | Sep 8, 2012 2:59:37 PM

7. How could you do a thing like that... when I was just going to give you a cup of coffee?

Posted by: WayneMPLS | Sep 8, 2012 3:00:04 PM

8. "Lies floated off her tongue like it was nothing; did Mormon Sunday school teach her that is ok????"

Actually, it does:

Posted by: EchtKultig | Sep 8, 2012 3:08:09 PM

9. @Echtkultig...omg, creepy. ur right.

but the Mormons have been so good in their world-domination strategy that I figured that OF COURSE they taught that lying is wrong.

Weird.

That Mormon thing ain't Christian, y'all:

Matthew 5 [37] "Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one."

Wait til the "evangelical" voters get wind of this, hahahaha. Except...well, those folks also operate as "Christian" frauds.

Posted by: just_a_guy | Sep 8, 2012 3:24:22 PM

10. The avoidance on camera makes her appear weak and stupid. And when she talks about her husband, he says nothing specific.

What kind of job can Mitt supply a woman? A maid's position in one of his homes?

The undercurrent of this woman is tight, controlled and angry. Which tells you a great deal about her husband.

Posted by: Bart | Sep 8, 2012 3:35:53 PM

11. The more she speaks, the better it is for the President’s re-election. I think she is the Palin of this election.

We all need to fight harder and contribute more to the Obama-Biden campaign. The threat from “those people” is real and cannot be taken lightly. They do not like us and do not want us to have ANY rights.

Posted by: Matt | Sep 8, 2012 3:38:48 PM

12. Entitled b*tch tells YOU what are the important issues of this election. Because:

- women shouldn't work, they should be home popping out babies. Ergo, no need for birth control to be covered.

- since women shouldn't work, they need to be provided for by men. This means all men must marry women. Ergo, no need for SS marriage. Also, Gay sex is icky.

In conclusion, this election is about jobs for MEN, so that MEN can get the economy back where it was (before MEN ruined it).

People who use their religion as a guidance for politics have no place in making laws for other people.

Posted by: Tanoka | Sep 8, 2012 3:47:58 PM

13. Oh, ps:

Yesterday I watched Brandon Flowers being told by Richard Dawkins that Mormonism is rubbish. (Not an exact quote.) (Norwegian telly)

Unfortunately it wasn't a long debate because Flowers was there to play with The Killers, so he had to go prepare. Very satisfying, though.

Posted by: Tanoka | Sep 8, 2012 3:51:55 PM

14. Ditto Chicklets !!! Thanks for your choice of words...simple and to the point. I find it hard to use words like that because I think it will offend the lesbians who are here...but in reference to this "thing" who thinks she's a woman...I'm guessing it's the only word that resonates.

Posted by: PAUL B. | Sep 8, 2012 4:02:57 PM

15. EVERYONE COPY AND PASTE THE TEXT OF THE INTERVIEW -- and send to your Mom, your sister, any appropriate females.
    It's fun to knock her as Marie Mormonette, but it's more fun to help women remember to vote FOR their issues.

Posted by: Bob | Sep 8, 2012 4:15:51 PM

16. You know, you know, you know, you know... can I strangle her now? Geeesh!

Posted by: David H | Sep 8, 2012 4:52:33 PM

17. WHEN THERE ARE 40 COMMENTS ON ANN, and only 1 on Edie Windsor, above her on the page..
    It reminds me that we are too busy pissing on the enemies and not busy enough demanding our rights!!!!

Posted by: Bob | Sep 8, 2012 4:54:49 PM

18. Ann, your husband IS a weed. You might want to try substituting his Bril Cream for some Round-Up.

Posted by: sweetdog | Sep 8, 2012 5:23:00 PM

19. She's a dumbass politician. She'll preach from the podium about specific issues, but when ask to further discuss those same issues, "Oh, I don't ever talk about that! That's for my husband to discuss!" And you know what her husband will say? I'm 100% certain he'll say, "I'm not going to talk about specific issues I preach about! That's for the states to decide!" These types of politicians are the most despicable!

Posted by: Garst | Sep 8, 2012 5:33:19 PM

20. She does not care about American women and their families and her husband does not care about the military and these people want to be the leaders in America? I would not let them lead my dog to take a dump.

Posted by: Mike | Sep 8, 2012 5:52:56 PM

21. I did not want to say anything negative about Ann Romney, but now I can after the answers she gave in this interview. If you look at her family statistically, ie; you believe 10% of the population is gblt, then if you look at the size of the Romney family, someone in that family is going to be GAY!

Posted by: Bernie | Sep 8, 2012 6:44:17 PM

22. BORED! She's a robot and so his her husband. Go back to Stepford-ville. We have an articulate and regal First Lady who outshines you in every way. Begone!

Posted by: daws | Sep 8, 2012 8:28:24 PM

23. Perhaps she will talk about her family then.

How many wives does Mitt have? Is Ann the mother of any of Mitt's children?

PROVE IT!

Posted by: MikeInSanJose | Sep 8, 2012 8:34:23 PM

24. I just flashed on the rich and poweful couple in 'A Handmaid's Tale", portrayed by Robert Duvall and Faye Dunaway..... kinda creepy.

Posted by: mixrg | Sep 8, 2012 9:11:16 PM

25. "Again, you're asking me questions that are not about what this election is going to be about. This election is going to be about the economy and jobs." IN OTHER WORDS: we only want voters to focus on ONE thing, because we don't want you to really know what else we have planned. Like, how we are going to roll back equal rights, roll back social policies, destroy Medicare, let businesses run amok unregulated, roll back environmental laws. But you little people just worry about the economy. The same economy we Republicans didn't give a flying fig about the past twelve years!!!

Posted by: DAN | Sep 8, 2012 10:24:23 PM