Hong Kong | News

Hong Kong Lesbian Gigi Chao, Inundated with Marriage Offers, Speaks Out About Father's $65M Offer: VIDEO

Gigi_chao

Gigi Chao, the gay Hong Kong woman whose billionaire father offered a $65 million bounty to any man who successfully woos her, spoke to Reuters about her father's offer.

Said Chao: "I wasn't angry at all. I was really quite touched. very touched and moved by daddy's announcement. It's really his way of saying, 'baby girl, I love you, and you deserve more.'"

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Dear Jason,

You do not have a vagina. Shut up about how you think women feel.

Signed,

A gay male who could 'keep it up' with a woman, even if it wouldn't do much for me (because it ain't all that hard for most to get stiff - sorry if your troubles in that dept. are obviously more challenging), thus blowing your terrible and sexist theory wide apart.

Posted by: RA | Sep 28, 2012 4:22:33 PM

2. Jason, put your foot in your mouth. Numerous articles that describe her "marriage" state that it was a religious blessing in a church. She's in a religious marriage, if not a state-sanctioned legal marriage.

""I've tried my best to respond to well-meaning ones ... but most of them I just try not to open," added the frizzy-haired Chao, who was wearing a silver ring after what she called a "church blessing" with her girlfriend in a Paris church."

Posted by: luminum | Sep 28, 2012 5:54:52 PM

3. The sad thing about this, aside from the sexist and racist comments on this thread, is that her father is willing to look down on his daughter being in a loving relationship, but he's fine with putting her in one, where the man will just be interested in her for her money.

Posted by: cadence | Sep 28, 2012 6:41:35 PM

4. @Ratbastard - You lived up to your name again. Next time you want to make blanket statements, remember you aren't just in your limited whitewash world.

Chinese kids are often taught not to make an already embarrassing family situation worse by being diplomatic about it publicly. You can tell she's searching for the right words. Her response doesn't reveal "issues", it's strategy and enough respect for her father not to ridicule him on Reuters.

@Derrick - On behalf of children of Chinese parents everywhere, thank you. *applause*

Posted by: kerwot | Sep 28, 2012 9:17:13 PM

5. Suitors stop emailing and harassing Gigi. Submit through www.gigichao.com

Posted by: GigiChao.com | Sep 28, 2012 9:58:53 PM

6. Those interested, please stop emailing and harassing Gigi. Submit through website www.gigichao.com

Posted by: GigiChao.com | Sep 29, 2012 2:25:13 AM

7. Oh what an idea for a daughter for a dad who has money but there is no peace, the dad has to spent whole he had made for her daughters _______ i dont know what the problem is let i bless the daughter a beautiful life ahead

Posted by: benoy | Sep 29, 2012 3:39:15 AM

8. Most of you posters apparently haven't spent much time around the current generation of Chinese youth. The spoiled brat phenomena is well known in Asia, and most Chinese would readily admit it.

Posted by: ratbastard | Sep 29, 2012 10:30:04 AM

9. @KERWOT,

Yes KERWOT, I'm very familiar with the some culture's family values and 'Saving Face'. Chinese [Japanese even more-so] are NOTORIOUS for not speaking directly, it's one of the reasons why diplomacy and business can be so difficult with them for non-Asians.

I am BTW referring to real Chinese, not Americans of Chinese descent. I live in, and grew up, a place with MANY Asians [all kinds, not just Chinese] and really did attend HS for 2 years in a majority Asian school. And no, I am not racist. Have have 'honest' things to say about by ethnic and cultural background also.

Posted by: ratbastard | Sep 29, 2012 10:36:48 AM

10. Hey Pops. Stop trying to pimp your daughter off to some Male Gold Digger. She is happy with her life style as you are proud of your bed hopping life style. Let her be and just be happy she did not meet someone who is only interested in her money and yours or on drugs. I wish her luck and happiness.

Posted by: Leon | Sep 29, 2012 11:25:00 AM

11. Homosexualism is a SIN against God and humanity.I dont want anyone to blame this lady for her action to be a "LESBIAN".The more you look the less you see is the answer. The Issue of placing a price on her will not be the solution and may even turn to a risk for HER.but I can assure anybody who could get me the direct E mail contact of the father that I CAN BE OF HELP ! I'm not saying I will marry her,because marriage is another thing entirely in what is happening here.but will turn her to STRAIGHT and she will dislike anything Homosexual.I will make Her fall in love with a guy of her choice that she can get married to and have her own Kids.I have done this for 3 ladies and by the special grace of God they are happily married today.And living a normal life.I can achieve this within 3 month of contact.......without taking anymoney from the father.unless he decides to compensate on his own."marvellous4ben@yahoo.co.uk"

Posted by: Marvellous | Sep 30, 2012 2:10:18 AM

12. I need her

Posted by: abu | Sep 30, 2012 9:16:11 AM

13. I feel like the term "openly gay" has become such a cliche in media reports. Why can't the reporter just say that she is gay? Nobody ever gets described as openly Jewish or openly Catholic or openly Cherokee or openly Republican.

Posted by: zoeymoggard | Oct 1, 2012 6:30:48 AM

14. hi ,,nesecitas un mexicano

Posted by: martin valle | Oct 4, 2012 1:20:29 AM

15. @ratbastard:
    She is from Hong Kong. There is no one-child policy there. She got brothers and sisters. You can have as many as you want there.

Posted by: simon | Oct 24, 2012 2:08:39 PM

16. @ratbastard:

Posted by: simon | Oct 24, 2012 2:09:21 PM

17. I'd bang her eyes round for $65m.

Posted by: Randall | Oct 24, 2012 2:13:57 PM