Gay Rights | News | Victoria Jackson

Gay Rights Activist Destroys Wingnut Victoria Jackson and Random Bigot in Sidewalk Debate: VIDEO

Victoria_jackson

SNL-alum-turned-conservative-crackpot Victoria Jackson posted this video she shot of a 'debate' she had with a gay rights activist wearing an HRC t-shirt on the sidewalk outside the DNC last month.

I guess she's proud of it?

She writes:

A Gay Rights Activist in a yellow Tshirt, (his gay activist group all wore matching yellow Tshirts), approached me on the street at the DNC and said "in 29 states, you can still be fired if you're gay or lesbian," I replied that one can also be fired for being a Christian.

A stranger approached and joined the conversation saying that 13 year olds are being confused and taught to embrace homosexuality, and then he added that his mother had become a lesbian and that it had hurt his family... "My Mom's gay...it hurt my family...you're smiling...it's not even funny...."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. She IS as dumb as she looks.

Posted by: Jack M | Sep 28, 2012 3:57:52 PM

2. She is as dumb as a box of wet hair. So sad that she cannot see past her fictional book of hate.

SAD. She doesn't even realize how stupid she is.

Posted by: Guest | Sep 28, 2012 4:31:02 PM

3. What a f'ing idiot she is. The guy was TOO nice.

Posted by: Bobby | Sep 28, 2012 5:08:39 PM

4. Every celebrity, real or imagined, has a schtick (spelling?)...but you know what it is.
    If the bimbo didn't have that dumb voice, dumb blonde look combined with no brains...where would she be?
    A housewife from Kansas, milking chickens and collecting eggs from cows.

Posted by: PAUL B. | Sep 28, 2012 5:36:20 PM

5. If anyone was destroyed, it was the gay guy. He was completely unprepared.

Posted by: Randy | Sep 28, 2012 5:51:48 PM

6. Jackson does looks demented.

Posted by: jaragon | Sep 28, 2012 5:55:26 PM

7. it's hard to believe that she's really as stupid as she sounds--esp that ridiculous little-girl-victim voice. What IS that??

Posted by: DannyEastVillage | Sep 28, 2012 6:25:36 PM

8. Making a fool of a has-been nutcase like Victoria Jackson isn't that hard anyway. She made Joe Piscopo look funny on SNL by comparison, and she has the critical thinking skills of a used tampon.

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Sep 28, 2012 7:03:53 PM

9. for some reason my posts aren't getting posted :p

Posted by: Shelly | Sep 28, 2012 7:41:31 PM

10. ok maybe they are able to post, is there a limit on post size maybe?

what I said before:
    I'm a christian who is sick to death of the religious right and organized religion.
    The picking and choosing of whats right and wrong in the bible drives me nuts.

They like to harp on Lev. I like to point out in the same chapter that homosexuality is talked about so is the fact that people eating shellfish, guys doing women on the rag can get you stoned (and not in a good way)
    Also fathers can sell their daughters into slavery.

I also like to point out that Christ and his promises negate the old testament.

ALL sin is equal according to Christ who you know.. Christian should be following.
    (even if you DO think homosexuality is a sin)So telling your mom her butt doesn't look fat in that dress when you think it does or telling your sister that no you can't go to that Tupperware party because your kid has a school thing when he doesn't is no better or worse than homosexuality.

That one really pisses my mom off who is a huge homophobe.

Posted by: Shelly | Sep 28, 2012 7:43:44 PM

11. According to the church I was raised in gay people are going to hell.

I want to know how they figure that one since John 3:16-19 (the cornerstone of Christianity) says that:

16. For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
    17. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
    18. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

I don't see anywhere in that verse where it says except gay people because they are going to hell.
    It says to get everlasting life one needs to believe in Christ.

Posted by: Shelly | Sep 28, 2012 7:46:02 PM

12. He is a much better person then me. She is a vile human being period. I don't want to label her as "crazy" or "mentally ill" because people with mental illness have a problem and they struggle with problems that are out of their control. She is a bigot that justifies her ignorance with "religious beliefs". She is also desperately seeking attention because she is a talentless failed actress that can't get work so she found this as a way to be on TV doing interviews and getting press. The irony of it all is she proved the point that people like her are hate mongers that feel the need to say uninformed ignorant comments to people of the gay community to further justify their hate and ignorance. She has every right to believe whatever she wants. She does not have the right to preach hate, intolerance, or harass anyone.

Posted by: Harry Joseph | Sep 28, 2012 7:47:00 PM

13. They will never believe that homosexuality is not a sin, it's just not going to happen.
    But you can nail them with their own beliefs.

I grew up in the church from a baby and then went to private christian school and then a christian university. I also have read the whole bible and take into account the whole bible, not just they bits they like to pick out and hold up as the Truth.

Once I started thinking for myself I realized a lot of my views and beliefs were things that had been hammered into me since birth.
    I'm still very much a Christian, but I think organized religion is crap (and most other christians I have talked to lately are thinking that too)

Posted by: Shelly | Sep 28, 2012 7:47:28 PM

14. Sorry for the long post but this subject and people like her really piss me off.

Oh and my 17 year old son is gay and I think parents who kick out and revile their children for who they love are sick and never loved their children in the first place.

Posted by: Shelly | Sep 28, 2012 7:51:55 PM

15. @littlekiwi I usually don't disagree with you but this time I do. When that guy's mom came out she was probably married to his dad at the time. Even in the best case scenario, his folks would have gotten divorced and it would have broken up the family. That's traumatic regardless of how justified it may be. That doesn't make him any less misguided in blaming lesbianism for his problems. And it certainly doesn't mean his mother should have stayed in the closet. But coming out that late in life, after starting a family with someone of the opposite sex, is going to be very hard for everyone involved.

Posted by: Charles | Sep 28, 2012 8:14:45 PM

16. I find this video so sad on so may levels but the one thing I take offense to more than anything else is the idea that sexual orientation is somehow a private thing.

Our sexual orientations are THE most public identities that we have. It is very loudly and publicly exclaimed with every wedding, school dance, valentine's day and New Year's kiss. It is so ubiquitous that people only notice it when there are gay people around and I find that SO galling.

People only discuss sexual orientation as a private matter when they talk about LGBTs coming out. If that were true though, then there would be no romantic comedies. If that were true, then dating wouldn't be the central plot element in coming of age films and television for and about teenagers. Sex acts are private. Whether I blew a guy last night is private. Who I intend to marry, is not.

This idea that our sexual orientation is a private matter is a lie told to us by people who want to pretend that we don't exist. Every time we let them get away with it, we are diminished as individuals and as a people. I can no longer stand it!

Posted by: Charles | Sep 28, 2012 8:38:11 PM

17. @ Thomasina - I can explain it to you. The reason the "it's not a choice" argument comes up is because once that is proven, there can be NO legal discrimination against the gay community. The entire premise against gays and lesbians is that we were behaving in a deviant, unacceptable way - akin to drug use or some other non-inate behavior. Once it is understood that one's sexual orientation is as biological as the color of one's eyes, then ALL the bigot's arguments and reasoning for legal discrimination goes right out the window. It's an incredibly powerful and useful point to make, and it needs to be pounded into the collective psyche of every bigoted homophobe.

Posted by: Tre | Sep 28, 2012 10:21:39 PM

18. I am so glad these HRC people are brave enough to get out there and do what they are doing. I was walking through downtown Boston last week on my lunch break and a group of adult straight men (not teenagers) were heckling them and giving them grief. I urge all of us to support them, sign the petitions, donate $$ if you can.

Posted by: acevdo | Sep 28, 2012 10:23:00 PM

19. Is she drunk or on pills? Not a read, she's just very....slow.....

Posted by: MaddM@ | Sep 28, 2012 10:25:33 PM

20. Religion is the basis for hatred. Religion is the one thing humanity needs to over come in this century. Religion is a backwards idea which has no place in a modern society.

Posted by: Will | Sep 28, 2012 10:37:08 PM

21. STFU...Victoria Jackson( dumb-ass ).

Posted by: Mike | Sep 29, 2012 12:23:29 AM

22. Seriously... does anyone listen to this blithering brain-damaged idiot other than the people that she annoys?

She's irrelevant.

Posted by: jexer | Sep 29, 2012 12:49:16 AM

23. The bible is ancient mythological B.S. It has no relivance to the real world. Its foundation is a supposed covenant the creator of the billion gallaxy universe had with an illiterate nomad thousands of years ago. The creator of the billion gallaxy universe accepted the nomadic Abraham's foreskin as a sign of their covenant. If that isn't bat sh^t crazy, nothing is.

Posted by: Andrew | Sep 29, 2012 1:17:12 AM

24. that guy = perfect husband material for me!!!!

assertive, articulate, passionate about social justice issues, a cutie, and with full, kissable lips. YES!!!

Posted by: redball | Sep 29, 2012 1:31:02 AM

25. Can Victoria Jackson really be that stupid? Its like Victoria Jackson is the only person who doesn't know that Victoria Jackson is stupid.

He's treating her with respect, while she makes an ass of herself trying to talk down to him. All while making a mockery of her own beliefs.

Belief in something without questioning is scary. Nothing is that simple. Does she do everything the bible says? Does she love her neighbor? What if her neighbor is gay? How does Victoria Jackson's brain deal with inconsistencies? Does it shrivel or liquefy? She is so sure of everything. Does she even get it?

When even sincere and misguided beliefs determine outcomes in the lives of human beings we are all in trouble. Who's beliefs do we all agree to follow and why? I might not believe anyone could be as stupid as Victoria Jackson but that doesn't mean I'm right. Beliefs are not facts. How many lives have been ruined because groups of likeminded people have tried to enforce Victoria's beliefs on others?

Posted by: mark | Sep 29, 2012 1:41:48 AM