News | Scissor Sisters | Wendy Williams

The Scissor Sisters 'Have a Kiki' on the Premiere of 'The Wendy Williams Show': VIDEO

Sisters

The Scissor Sisters are Wendy Williams' kind of people, so she invited them down for her season premiere.

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I loved their last album but this new one is boring. I hate this "Kiki" song. It's OK the first time you hear it but then it's just blah. It's not strong enough to be a single.

I love to see the band messing around on stage. It looks like they have great fun but it's typical of over-censored US TV to make them change the lyrics to this song and make it even worse.

At least Wendy Williams had the balls to let them go on her show. The rest of the US TV shows are too afraid to let them appear.

Posted by: Icebloo | Sep 11, 2012 8:17:10 PM

2. I only have one thing to say:

BABYDADDY.

Oh, I guess something else:

MARRY ME, BABYDADDY.

Posted by: Harrison | Sep 11, 2012 8:33:10 PM

3. Ugh, tired white queens copying black style and trying to pretend they get it...Jake Shears trying to be a black woman..yawn

Posted by: BillsBills | Sep 11, 2012 8:34:17 PM

4. Ugh, I can't stand this song. I was at a bar in Berlin last month and they played this song and some old queens were singing/screaming the lyrics the whole time and it was fvcking irritating.

Posted by: Dumb Song | Sep 11, 2012 8:54:40 PM

5. Ugh, I can't stand this song. I was at a bar in Berlin last month and they played this song and some old queens were singing/screaming the lyrics the whole time and it was fvcking irritating.

Posted by: Dumb Song | Sep 11, 2012 8:54:42 PM

6. Was the song I first loved from this album when it came out. Such campy fun.

Posted by: Alfred | Sep 11, 2012 9:08:45 PM

7. I miss "Fire With Fire" or "Take Your Momma Out."

Posted by: Dr. Christopher Blackwell | Sep 11, 2012 10:14:55 PM

8. Does Ana Metronic (or whatever her name is) this she is a drag queen? I guess drag queens could be seen as affected, but to affect an affected drag queen? I guess that's just meta.

Posted by: mike128 | Sep 11, 2012 10:45:50 PM

9. What on EARTH is he wearing? It's boring and dull. The Chicks have the fashion.

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Sep 11, 2012 11:08:17 PM

10. Fantastic! Loved it! Relax and enjoy once in awhile.

Posted by: Michael | Sep 11, 2012 11:13:37 PM

11. Scissor Sisters is one of the best bands around.

Posted by: k | Sep 11, 2012 11:29:08 PM

12. I thought Wendy O. Williams died back in the 90's, and now she's got a TALK SHOW!?! No WAY! She'd be SLAMMIN' TV's with a sledge hammer or cutting them in half with chainsaws all with shaving cream dripping off her nipples! :-)

Posted by: Fruit-for-Peace | Sep 12, 2012 12:08:29 AM

13. Jake Shears is a good friend of Anderson Cooper. Years ago Anderson complained to Jake that his singing was "too much" and said he should find another vocation. Anderson regrets that advice today and says he has no clue when it comes to recognizing talent.

Sister Sisters is the next big thing.

Posted by: OS2Guy | Sep 12, 2012 12:57:43 AM

14. Ok, when are people going to realize this is all about drag queen lesbian sex? And why is it misspelled?? Lady Bunny's version is the rrrrreal T we're talking about here gurl. (PS - Different Wendy O., but I'd LOVE it if she existed in some parallel universe and had her own punk rock talk show).

Posted by: jdawg | Sep 12, 2012 1:04:20 AM

15. UGH. some ragidy dildo stuck in their ass's cause they haven't had a lay in a while queens commenting on this. the song is fun and cheesy. take a break and have a kiki.

American television should be able to say curse words.

Posted by: Patrick | Sep 12, 2012 1:06:30 AM

16. I see some queens on here NEED to have a KiKi.
    It's a GREAT song!!

Posted by: Edd | Sep 12, 2012 1:10:35 AM

17. Obviously lots of commenters in desperate need of a good kiki. Let your hair down. If you don't like this song there are plenty of other fabulous moments on the new album, like 'Somewhere', 'Self Control', 'Best in Me' and 'Inevitable'.

Posted by: Chunks | Sep 12, 2012 2:02:08 AM

18. ^ I would have loved to have been at a bar in Berlin with some old queens screaming this song! Someone needs an attitude check.

Posted by: John | Sep 12, 2012 5:35:25 AM

19. Haters hatin' as usual. This song kicks ass.

Posted by: Derek Pearce | Sep 12, 2012 6:01:46 AM

20. YOu're right Darren. This song DOES kick ass. Puts me in a good mood INSTANTLY!!!

Thanks, Towleroad - for introducing this 47 year-old homo to the Scissor Sisters a couple years ago. AWESOME.

Posted by: Edagr Allen Poe | Sep 12, 2012 6:43:24 AM

21. Oops. I mean, "you're right, Derek". Guess I need my glasses.

Posted by: Edagr Allen Poe | Sep 12, 2012 6:43:59 AM

22. I much prefer Willam and Rhea's cover "let's have a Kai-Kai"

At least theirs is funny as hell.

"And I was greated at the door by our friend Flaccid Downey Junior"

Posted by: QJ201 | Sep 12, 2012 7:23:38 AM

23. JDawg: a "Kai-Kai" is drag queens having sex in drag, a KiKi is just getting together to chat (and gossip!) Don't feel bad, Dan Savage made the same mistake and RuPaul had to correct him. That's why Lady Bunny and Willam's songs are parodies, they swapped kai kai for kiki.

Posted by: Matt | Sep 12, 2012 8:41:35 AM

24. Can't stand them.

Posted by: Johnny | Sep 12, 2012 12:09:28 PM

25. I Love Me Some Wendy Williams...I watch her EVERYDAY, but all i really want to know is How Much These People Paid To Be Promoted On Her Show. I think somebody owed somebody a favor. This girl is just WAY TO URBAN to be GHETTO. The Scissor Sister are a Combination of "AQUA" and the "SPICE GIRLS". While They are Having a "KIKI" I'll Be Taking a "DOOKIE"...LMAO!!!

Posted by: Kent Poteete | Sep 12, 2012 1:23:05 PM