Lady Gaga | Music | News

Lady Gaga Shows Off Fiber-Optic Wig, New Accent: VIDEO

GagaLady Gaga showed off what she's calling an "ARTPOP Invention" yesterday via YouTube. Her other invention appears to be a Madonna-esque accent.

Both, AFTER THE JUMP...

The singer also announced that her upcoming album is not an album - but a multimedia experience (of course)!

Im excited to tell you all that ARTPOP is going to be a multimedia experience that comes in different forms. The most major way to fully immerse yourself in ARTPOP is through the APP. ARTPOP will be released as an IPAD, iPhone, mobile and computer compatible application (WORLD) that is completely interactive with chats, films for every song, extra music, content, gaga inspired games, fashion updates, magazines, and more still in the works! I will also be able to upload new things to the APP all the time, the same way i upload to twitter and LM.com. You inspired me to create something that communicated with images, because YOU do, YOU communicate with me and each other with .gifs and pictures, and artwork, graphics ALL DAY 24/7/ YOU'RE an ARTPOP generation. Im hoping you will all continue to grow together and stay connected through your creativity. much love. love, gaga p.s (start asking for IPADS FOR XMAS!!) its gonna be so fun. but dont worry. it will also be released in the regular physical and digitals which will be unique and different to the app.

Comments

1. Didn't Bjork already do this with Biophilia?

Posted by: Dave | Sep 6, 2012 1:36:17 PM

2. Lord have mercy.

Posted by: Gregoire | Sep 6, 2012 1:40:03 PM

3. I think Imogen Heap is doing something similar. At the end of the day, all I'll care about is the music.

Posted by: Mikey | Sep 6, 2012 1:41:57 PM

4. @Dave She didn't say anything about being the first one to do it, and Bjork is NOT he first one to do it.

Posted by: Jake | Sep 6, 2012 1:51:26 PM

5. I've always been fascinated by both fiber optics and accents...so I had to check out this thread! (don't feel strongly about Gaga one way or the other)
    Is she mocking Madonna's attempt to speak with an RP-ish accent?
    FWIW the world's most pretentious accent in history is probably Patricia Kluge, who simultaneous seems to be trying to sound RP, US Northeastern, Euro-English, and Southern - about in that order - all at the same time.

Posted by: EchtKultig | Sep 6, 2012 2:00:39 PM

6. She's elaborated: Bjork (who had always been on the cutting edge) was the first artist to release her music in this way, to my knowledge. There are also other international underground musicians and business that use the APP as well to sell various products. The use of an APP as a way to sell albums, in my opinion is the future of music. I am in no way taking credit for the invention of the APP, or claiming to be the first artist to distribute music this way. An APP is “CANVAS” a medium. Like an MP3 is a medium for digital music, except I can attach a variety of sub-mediums within the APP to create a visual/interactive world for you. This world is built organically by the HAUS OF GAGA, and will be a completely unique and different experience from other music-sale based APPs because its inspired by us and the new sound of my music. However I am hoping that *god willing* the success of ARTPOPs music will propel the use of artist driven APPs further into the music industry stratosphere. Im excited to be apart of it. Ultimately the APP is unimportant if the music isn’t great though right?

Posted by: Brian | Sep 6, 2012 2:24:34 PM

7. First, I heart Gaga and everything she does. I think the fiber optic thing is cool, the idea of her album being an app like Bjork's is okay, the accent talk is whatever. She sounds a little bit affected, but the girl has been on a world tour for months. Give her some credit. The one thing that bothers me is "START ASKING FOR IPADS FOR XMAS!" That seems in really poor taste to me when so many people are suffering in this economy. It's a little bit disconnected. "Mommy, daddy please buy me a $700 tablet for Xmas so I can get Gaga's new album mmmmmkayyyy?" Whatever.

Posted by: AJ | Sep 6, 2012 2:31:53 PM

8. That's genius. I like the wig, too!

Posted by: Lucas H | Sep 6, 2012 2:37:11 PM

9. are towleroad readers really her market? aren't we older and smarter???

Posted by: ladycaca | Sep 6, 2012 3:03:01 PM

10. In five years we'll all be saying, "Remember Lady Gaga?"

Posted by: Jack M | Sep 6, 2012 3:49:42 PM

11. God (or Gaga), who has the time? Get a life everyone.

Posted by: tinkerbelle | Sep 6, 2012 4:11:50 PM

12. I'm certainly looking forward to the music and videos.
    And if distribution of music, etc. is going to change (and it does keep changing), I guess I'm on board with that. Though I'm just now getting used to reading books on an iPad!

Posted by: Joseph | Sep 6, 2012 4:30:24 PM

13. Now she's ripping off Madonna's faux British accent, too? Jesus. Can hardly wait for Lady Lola and her younger brother Rocco to be born.

She's truly pathetic and it would be okay if it was tongue-in-cheek, but it's obvious she takes herself very seriously. Lord.

Posted by: shle896shle | Sep 6, 2012 5:42:03 PM

14. First, fiber optic wigs are nothing new, and certainly not an ARTPOP invention. Second, apps have been advancing, but Bjork did a splendid job using apps to expand the Biophilia experience. Third - why does she sound like Madonna?

Posted by: Chris | Sep 6, 2012 6:06:54 PM

15. is it a surprise to anyone that she xeroxed bjork?

Posted by: Josh | Sep 6, 2012 7:36:50 PM

16. She's had so much plastic surgery. She better be careful.

Posted by: Bill | Sep 6, 2012 11:10:03 PM

17. That wig looks like someone spat phosphorous liquid on Gaga's head. Cool concept, tho. Needs a better execution.

Posted by: AriesMatt | Sep 7, 2012 1:22:09 AM

18. She changed a lot every time.not only her songs but also her style attracted us.You may not love her style,that's OK,just listening to her songs.

Posted by: lace front wigs | Sep 28, 2012 3:27:23 AM

19. Thank you for sharing your blog, and you wrote very good.

Posted by: 10G XFP | Oct 15, 2012 6:12:00 AM