Chick-fil-A | Discrimination | Montana | News

BigGayDeal.com

Montana Conservatives Plan 'Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day 2.0'

ChickcardThe Montana Family Foundation, one of the many conservative groups that idolize Chick-fil-A for CEO Dan Cathy's hideously homophobic politics, plans on launching a second "Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day".

D Gregory Smith reports:

Calling it an opportunity to support traditional family values the Montana Family Foundation will open a Chick-fil-A drive through in Billings for one day in September. The chicken will be available for one day only in Billings’ west end on Saturday, September 8th from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. This one-day drive-thru event is called Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day 2.0.

For a suggested donation of $20 per person the public is invited to attend this fund-raising event where hot Chick-fil-A chicken, coleslaw and chocolate chip cookies will be available to the first 1000 people.

It should be interesting to see if the Montana Family Foundation actually brings in that many chicken loving conservatives.

Comments

1. Of course they will show up...in droves. Discrimination knows no bounds. But at the end of the day, they will lose and we will win our full rights. Plus, they'll be fatter with clogged arteries!

Posted by: barryearle | Sep 4, 2012 9:58:15 AM

2. A Counter Rally is also being planned nearby: https://www.facebook.com/events/221052914690718/

Posted by: D Gregory Smith | Sep 4, 2012 10:10:08 AM

3. Do we really want to stoop to their level? Again? Let the flesh eaters have their day in their bigoted sun. Energy would be better spent protesting the slaughter of innocent fowl to satisfy these neanderthals' blood lusts.

Posted by: jamal49 | Sep 4, 2012 10:31:15 AM

4. These miserable Bigots must feel good spreading the hate & prejudice that they'll unleash in the name of Christianity! I wish each of them unimaginable pain and anguish for the balance of their stay on earth.

Posted by: Jon | Sep 4, 2012 11:06:18 AM

5. So is the GLBT community going to forcefully make the point this time that what we're protesting is Cathy's corporate donations to heinous groups like those that push for Uganda's "Kill the Gays" bill and not simply that Cathy opposes same-sex marriage?

Or are we going to form a circular firing squad again and spend our time attacking our own allies, so that the religious right gets to dominate the dialogue, pretending they're poor, poor martyrs and even supposedly GLBT friendly folks like Bill Maher are buying and selling their line that its all just about "free speech"?

There's a simple message we could be pushing: "If you buy Chik Fil'A, you may well be helping foster the death or torture of gays and lesbians overseas." But, instead, are we just gonna give up again and let them dominate with this "gee, it's about free speech" meme?

Posted by: bobbyjoe | Sep 4, 2012 11:14:34 AM

6. Too bad these so-called Christians don't mobilize like this to help the homeless and those who are in need of food and medical care. Just shows you they are only lip-service followers of Christ.

Posted by: Jack M | Sep 4, 2012 11:16:34 AM

7. Too bad it isn't on a Sunday...

Posted by: HATEFREE | Sep 4, 2012 11:26:12 AM

8. Too bad it isn't on a Sunday...

Posted by: HATEFREE | Sep 4, 2012 11:26:13 AM

9. Christianity is hard to grasp, even by its adherents.

Posted by: anon | Sep 4, 2012 11:45:36 AM

10. Montana, where men are men and sheep (and evidently chickens)are nervous.

(Full disclosure: I went to Montana State University at Bozeman .. Moo U, The Udder University.)

Posted by: Ripped Mittens | Sep 4, 2012 12:13:55 PM

11. I happened on to your site from the news pages. I am not a Christian, I am a follower of Christ. I am not perfect, I am forgiven. I do not hate but I do know that what you do is not healthy life style. I have also made it my life's work to care for those who do not have any one else in life, orphan children for Christ. They do not care about your lifestyle, they do not care about where you came from but they do care if you care.
    As for myself, I do have a right to share my own views even if you do not agree with them and disagreeing with them does not mean that I hate you. As Christ said hate the sin not the sinner because there will be judgement on me.
    Matthew 6:15 (NIV)
    But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
    This scripture is for me not for you.I will pray for you and please pray for me, in Christ's love, the strongest force in any realm!

Posted by: Tim | Sep 4, 2012 1:26:12 PM

12. Hate the gays day 2! (how wonderful of these so-called christians)

(These are the type of people who should be contributing to the KKK....)

...and I don't have the energy to deal with Tim's silliness. ('not a healthy lifestyle'----how funny that he'd post that in a article about a FRIED CHICKEN franchise that hates gay people)

Posted by: TonyJazzTon | Sep 4, 2012 1:54:55 PM

13. For what it's worth, Tim typed all that while bouncing his @ss up and down on a crucifix - his chosen form of dildo.

#WatchedTheExorcistAndThoughtItWasSexy

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Sep 4, 2012 2:03:24 PM

14. Tim you do realize Jesus was Jewish right? Christianity is mythology based on some Jewish allegories, meant for the masses that are not Jewish. Break it down, dude

Posted by: tyler | Sep 4, 2012 3:23:17 PM

15. Kiwi, what you said really was warped, although I understand your anger at Tim's post. The image you conjured up was really horrible. You're a talented enough writer and I'm sure you could come up with a really good reply that is less crude.

yeah, I know - go die in a car fire. I won't be missed, right?

Posted by: Mary | Sep 4, 2012 8:46:17 PM

16. If companies are people and people vote with dollars then the destination of the restaurant’s donations are open for public debate. It very well should be an issue as to where peoples’ hard-earned money goes after the chicken goes down their gullet. This issue has made our little feathered friend the modern martyr as Chick-fil-A laughs all the way to the bank. Watch the poultry be nailed to the cross and pierced by the spear of destiny at the hands of those devious cows on my artist’s blog at http://dregstudiosart.blogspot.com/2012/08/holy-rollin-poultry-on-cross-chick-fil.html

Posted by: Brandt Hardin | Sep 4, 2012 9:08:37 PM

17. Somebody should tell Montana that it has already been done.

Posted by: andrew | Sep 4, 2012 10:33:53 PM

18. Montana Family Foundation "will open a Chick-fil-A drive through" for three hours? Sounds like trademark infringement.

Posted by: JJ | Sep 4, 2012 11:06:20 PM