2012 Election | Barack Obama | Mitt Romney | News

Obama Addresses Romney Fundraising Videos on Letterman: VIDEO

Obama_letterman

President Obama appeared on The Late Show with David Letterman last night where he was asked right off the bat about the fundraising videos that were the talk of yesterday's news cycle, particularly the "47 percent remarks".

Asked Letterman: "Is this what rich guys at country clubs re tlaking about?"

"Well, I don't know what he was referring to, but I can tell you this. When I won in 2008, 47% of the American people voted for John McCain. They didn't vote for me. And what I said on election night was even if you didnt vote for me, I hear your voices and I'm going to work as hard as I can to be your President. One of the things I learned as President is you represent the entire country... My expectation is that if you want to be President you have to work for everybody, not just for some."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Andy what does 're tlaking' mean? Oh wait, did you mean 'are talking'?

Posted by: Pommie | Sep 19, 2012 8:15:48 AM

2. LOL Private fund raisers..?!? Romney seem to be all into 'Conspiracy Theory' and 'Illuminati' now! =D

Posted by: Pommie | Sep 19, 2012 8:18:05 AM

3. Well stated and well put! Wouldn't it be nice if the GOP and Romney, instead of raising money to pay for advertising, they raised money to help society. ALL of society. Imagine where $108M could do in a struggling community? Instead, it will be pissed away on trumped up attack ads that will have little impact and mean nothing after November.

Posted by: 99% | Sep 19, 2012 8:19:56 AM

4. Romney insulted and demeaned almost half of the American population before the world. Yet, he's the one mooching $77,000 dollars in tax deductions for a dancing horse, and probably $$millions more in unpaid taxes or tax evasion schemes. I can't wait for the American people to spike his stupid ass into the dirt on election day.

Posted by: belo | Sep 19, 2012 9:07:09 AM

5. What's scary is how close this election still is...

Posted by: grench | Sep 19, 2012 9:16:45 AM

6. Yeah, it's scary isn't it. There is a silent legion out there who are going to put an end to this madness come November before this country goes off a financial cliff.

Posted by: MarkUs | Sep 19, 2012 9:20:16 AM

7. I guarantee you that Romney's horse is not a pet (liability) but is a business (asset) and as a result, all the expenses of boarding and training it and flying it to London we tax deductions on one of the illusive tax returns. I have a cat. A nondeductible sweet and wonderful cat. He's not on my tax return.

Posted by: Howard | Sep 19, 2012 10:29:23 AM

8. I feel so much better that Obama is on the Letterman show and partying with rap celebs rather than meeting with Benjamin Netanyahu.

Posted by: Inside | Sep 19, 2012 4:25:10 PM

9. Now, there's a penetrating criticism.

Posted by: ajax2828 | Sep 19, 2012 5:14:15 PM

10. @MARKUS: you think Richie Rich is going to do it? Hardly, he doesn't have a real plan. If he gets in it will be all about helping his billionaire buddies, not the rest of us. Wake up.

Posted by: DAN | Sep 19, 2012 5:20:12 PM

11. @INSIDE/MARKUS: grow up. You are whining that the President was on Letterman LAST NIGHT, and not meeting Netanyahu when he is in New York a WEEK LATER! The two are seperate events. You guys are grasping at straws on this. Since you heard it on FOX News you felt it necessary to come here and repeat it.

But, I doubt Markus will even see this. He likes to come on here and throw out the GOP/FOX/Hannity/Levin talking points/spin and take off and move on to the next Obama story. Trying to discredit EVERYTHING Obama does and think he is helping his candidate, Richie Rich. Insert eye roll.

Posted by: DAN | Sep 19, 2012 5:35:42 PM

12. @MARKUS- and Mitt & Anne were on "Live w/ Kelly| answering the REALLY tough questions like "who do you like better: Snooki or the Kardashians?" and "who should play you in a movie of the week?". Meanwhile his campaign is floundering and has yet to give any creal oncrete plans as to what he will do if elected. At least Letterman asked some important questions.

Posted by: MANDY | Sep 19, 2012 11:38:11 PM

13. Actually the last comment should be addressed to INSIDE. Well, MARKUS/INSIDE...same person.

Posted by: MANDY | Sep 19, 2012 11:43:26 PM

14. All a great, work so fine together that's really good, thank you all again and also to find a different way, at once a pleasure

Posted by: nomel | Jan 17, 2013 6:57:56 AM