Barack Obama | News | Nicki Minaj

BigGayDeal.com

Obama Talks Nicki Minaj, Doubts She's a Romney Supporter: AUDIO

Minaj

President Obama did an interview with Orlando's Power 95.3 this morning and revealed that he keeps up with pop culture, specifically Nicki Minaj and a lyric in one of her recent tracks stating she's a Republican voting for Mitt Romney.

Said Obama:

"She likes to play different characters..."

Minaj's support may not matter one way or another, but it's interesting that the President can weigh in on any topic.

Listen, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I hope this isn't true, but if it is--well, all I can say is money brings out a person't true character. Those who suddenly get a lot and then turn their back on their people in order to keep their tax loopholes open are gaping a-holes

Posted by: Arrant | Sep 10, 2012 11:56:27 AM

2. I'm a hugely obsessed with Ricky Martin and for some reason I just can't help but see Ricky Martin in her.

Posted by: Pommie | Sep 10, 2012 12:12:02 PM

3. i thought she was kidding.....

i will say, however, that Eva Longoria (whom i previously didn't really know jack s**t about) impressed the heck outta me with her speech at DNC.

"The Eva Longoria who makes movies doesn't need a tax break. The Eva Longoria who used to flip burgers at wendy's needs the tax break"

AMEN SISTER!

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Sep 10, 2012 12:22:24 PM

4. Hey Andy, is that a note of disapproval for the president's willingness to weigh in? Because I think he's actually been disappointingly reticent on culture/media products made by black Americans (despite his apparent familiarity, as revealed by these occasional flashes). Personally, I'd love to see him let his guard down and discuss his tastes, because it might help further improve some black Americans' feelings of the legitimacy of our government. For a more thorough discussion of what a black man in the White House could mean for race and why it hasn't seemed to fulfill that potential so far, see Ta-Nehisi Coates' excellent piece in this month's Atlantic.

Posted by: SMC | Sep 10, 2012 12:39:39 PM

5. President Obama is cool even talking about this always cool!

Posted by: J Good | Sep 10, 2012 1:45:06 PM

6. She tweeted this earlier today: "Ha! Thank you for understanding my creative humor & sarcasm Mr. President, the smart ones always do... *sends love & support* @BarackObama"

I think Andys comment was literal, meaning the president can weigh in on just about anything, be it foreign affairs or pop culture.

Posted by: Justin | Sep 10, 2012 2:45:19 PM