2012 Election | Barack Obama | Mitt Romney | News

Romney Says Obama Will Lie in Debates: VIDEO

Gma_romney

In an interview with George Stephanopoulos, Mitt Romney discussed his reaction to the Libyan attacks, his poll numbers, and how he is preparing for debates. He says he is preparing to face a liar:

“I think the challenge that I’ll have in the debate is that the president tends to, how shall I say it, to say things that aren’t true,” Romney said. “I’ve looked at prior debates.  And in that kind of case, it’s difficult to say, ‘Well, am I going to spend my time correcting things that aren’t quite accurate? Or am I going to spend my time talking about the things I want to talk about?”

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. If Romney had enough knowledge, he wouldn't have to pick between exposing any so-called lies from Obama and talking about what he wants to talk about. He would be able to do both. This shows you that he can call Obama a liar, but can't back it up by calling him out on anything. Because he just. Doesn't. Know.

Posted by: Jack M | Sep 14, 2012 10:20:45 AM

2. Wow. He really is priceless.

Posted by: Mikemike | Sep 14, 2012 10:23:17 AM

3. This from the man who lied about Obama apologizing for the attacks on the embassies abroad?

This from the party that lied about the existence of "death panels"?

Wow! Breathtaking hypocrisy!

Posted by: Reggie777 | Sep 14, 2012 10:26:15 AM

4. SKEWERED!!

Posted by: Mike C. | Sep 14, 2012 10:33:49 AM

5. reminds me of Nixon.

Posted by: Jacques Rosas | Sep 14, 2012 10:37:15 AM

6. It's very 3rd-grade, if you ask me - he's a liar, no he's a liar, no he's a liar......blah blah blah. I hope Obama wipes the floor with Romney.

Posted by: Steve | Sep 14, 2012 10:48:55 AM

7. Smirking sociopath says what?

Mainstream media letting him get away with murder...again.

Posted by: Polyboy | Sep 14, 2012 10:52:31 AM

8. Smirking sociopath says what?

Mainstream media letting him get away with murder...again.

Posted by: Polyboy | Sep 14, 2012 10:52:33 AM

9. OMG…everything I was going to say has already been said. Good job!

Posted by: Mark Alexander | Sep 14, 2012 10:53:46 AM

10. Why aren't "Marcus," "Rick," and "?" on here defending this sociopathic scumbag?

Posted by: homer | Sep 14, 2012 11:04:02 AM

11. So Romney's now so desperate he's reduced to "I know you are but what am I"?

Really, at least John McCain had a little honor somewhere, and you could kind of feel him gritting his teeth when he pandered to the lowest common denominator.

But Romney is a man totally without honor. Not even a hint of it.

Posted by: bobbyjoe | Sep 14, 2012 11:10:53 AM

12. Caliban, you're right. I sort of get the feeling that Romney is actually a Leviathan.

Posted by: jamal49 | Sep 14, 2012 11:22:40 AM

13. Is Sarah Palin his head advisor?

Posted by: Matt26 | Sep 14, 2012 11:24:59 AM

14. Romney increasingly resembles the people in one of those horror movies where humans are taken over by machines or extraterrestrial aliens. He is preprogrammed. I can't wait to see him answering every debate question like one of the Stepford wives.

Posted by: Artie_in_Lauderdale | Sep 14, 2012 11:39:10 AM

15. Wow. That's just pathetic.

Posted by: marcus | Sep 14, 2012 11:40:50 AM

16. @ Homer,

Markus and "?" are certified Romneybot nutjobs. Rick does get a little distracted by gender studies, but I'm pretty sure he's not a Romneybot. He stated once that he personally has no use for Romney. One would hope he hasn't changed his mind.

Posted by: Artie_in_Lauderdale | Sep 14, 2012 11:44:47 AM

17. You know, the Jim Henson Workshop, Madame Tussaud's, or the Disney animatronics division could all have delivered a more convincing simulation of humanity than Mitt Romney.

Posted by: Caliban | Sep 14, 2012 12:48:09 PM

18. Romney's projecting more than an IMAX theater.

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Sep 14, 2012 1:24:10 PM

19. mittens and his lyin' veep are total and utter pieces of sh*t!!!!!!!!!

shameless fascists, bigots, hate mongers, narcissists, etc, etc. Our world would be a far better place without their disgusting existence

Posted by: RxR | Sep 14, 2012 2:19:09 PM

20. Let's see, since Mitt is a liar, thief and fraud, one can only assume that he really meant that Obama will tell nothing but the truth during the debates. It also shows how scared he is that he's not smart enough to win a debate.

Posted by: woodroad34d | Sep 14, 2012 2:39:01 PM

21. BABH, http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h1445.html and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Hoover show that Hoover was much different than Romney will be. E.g., 1) his primary foreign affair goal was peace. 2) Though the brackets changed, he raised the highest marginal tax rate from 25% to 63%. 3) People around the world praised Hoover for his hunger relief efforts during WW I and post-WW I and II.

Posted by: Linda | Sep 14, 2012 3:01:57 PM

22. The video is not working for me. Not that anything he may or may not say will get me to vote for him.

Posted by: Garst | Sep 14, 2012 3:45:22 PM

23. This is just rich! He's turning out to be the gift that keeps on giving. I personally look forward to the debates and based on the title of this post. I'm sure it will be the other way around.

Posted by: ChadSF | Sep 14, 2012 4:00:31 PM

24. this is called "poisoning the well"

Posted by: gomez | Sep 14, 2012 4:07:03 PM

25. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha ha

Posted by: dc | Sep 14, 2012 4:42:58 PM