2012 Election | Democratic National Convention | Democratic Party | FOX News | John Kerry | Sarah Palin

Sarah Palin Forgets She's Famous: VIDEO

PalinOnKerry

Here's a fantastically awkward bit of brand-burnishing from Sarah Palin, delivered while she was being interviewed on FOX Business Network Thursday evening, shortly after John Kerry mentioned her during his speech at the DNC:

I think he diminished himself by even mentioning my name. How does he even know my name? I mean, aren't these guys supposed to be these bigwig elites who don't waste their time on the little people like me? Me representing the average American?

Sen. Kerry mentioned Palin's name while tossing a zinger at Mitt Romney -- something about how Sarah Palin once said she could see Russia from her house, while it seems like Mitt Romney's only ever seen Russia in Rocky IV. Fox Business Network host Neil Cavuto gave Palin a minute to respond to the joke, and then mercifully stepped in to formulate a response on her behalf -- something to the effect that it's a shame how Democrats are still taking Palin's Russia comments out of context, while complaining about their own words being similarly misused. Watch AFTER THE JUMP ...

Comments

1. Can anyone say?!?!?! Sarah Palin LOVES the spotlight. It does not matter whether it is in a negative or positive light; she has to add her wingnutty 2.5 cents into the mix

Posted by: Bernie | Sep 8, 2012 6:47:20 PM

2. She's so annoying. I can't believe I pushed the "play" button. Guys, DON'T BOTHER ... there's nothing interesting to hear from her stuid mouth. After all, her own propaganda station, FOX NEWS, has banned her.

Posted by: FunMe | Sep 8, 2012 6:56:12 PM

3. Remember those photos of Palin with the dead moose she shot, the ones where she's holding the gun? As a Republican, I often thought after the 2008 election, "what if we'd shot Palin and nominated the MOOSE instead? We'd probably have had a more dignified ticket."

How to explain someone seemingly forgetting that she was nominated for Vice president and that this would make her well known, especially to a member of the U.S. Senate? Sorry, I'm a conservative, but my intellectual powers don't go far enough to come up with a plausible explanation for this most recent Palin gaffe. She's either mentally ill to be this forgetful (YIKES!) or so brazen in her attempt to come across as one of the "regular people" that there isn't an adjective for it. Now of course, these two possibilities open us up to hours of speculation!

Posted by: Mary | Sep 8, 2012 8:25:07 PM

4. what a dumb whore.

Posted by: John | Sep 8, 2012 8:59:19 PM

5. I went to Free Republic just to see how they attempted to defend Palin's remark. Over there Sarah is considered so holy that they are almost ready to turn the Christian Trinity into a quartet by adding her to it. Although no posters have dealt with the obvious aburdity of her statement, they are referring to John Kerry as a drooling "old man." I thought for a minute that maybe Sarah meant "John Kerry is so senile I can't imagine he even remembers who I am." But in context, her statement actually comes across the way most of us here are interpreting it.

I was just joking about wanting to see Palin shot in my last post, but I still say that nominating the moose would have been less embarassing for Republicans.

Now what would make Towleroad readers heads truly explode? Palin-Santorum 2016!

Posted by: Mary | Sep 8, 2012 9:06:09 PM

6. John McCain's greatest sin is putting Sarah Palin on the national stage. It comes close to being an unforgiveable sin.

Posted by: andrew | Sep 8, 2012 10:36:00 PM

7. She and her clan are authentic grifters, always ready to scam someone into believing their lies no matter how grand or petty.

Posted by: Tom Cardellino | Sep 9, 2012 4:14:37 AM

8. @sodakhic: So does Hitler.

"well-known" =/= "well-liked"