News

Sleepy Bear Tries To Keep His Head Up: VIDEO

Sleepbear

It's about that time of the day when everyone needs an injection of cute. Well, here it is: a bear cub trying to keep his lids up.

Even I, a known curmudgeon who typically balks at the use of cute animals for content, let out an audible "awwww". What can I say? I've always have had a soft spot for bears, and this one is too darn cute not to share.

Watch him try to keep his head at attention AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. Watch out little one, Lyin' Ryan's comin' and he's got a gun!

Posted by: Michael in Toronto | Sep 4, 2012 1:13:51 PM

2. My Mom has always done the same thing whenever she's in her recliner trying to read the newspaper. Of course she's just "resting my eyes". "-)

No, Ryan's not coming with a gun. Remember - he's the "bow-hunter"! Regarding Ryan, bugs would say, "What a maroon!" :-)

Posted by: Fruit-for-Peace | Sep 4, 2012 1:21:06 PM

3. @Michael in Toronto:

I love that "Lyin'Ryan" tag !!!!!

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Sep 4, 2012 1:32:23 PM

4. what is this bear cub doing laying around in a barn with a couple of sleeping hunting dogs?

Posted by: Tim NC | Sep 4, 2012 2:38:28 PM

5. Don't worry, your blog posts don't belie the notion that you're a known curmudgeon...

Posted by: DC Alex | Sep 4, 2012 2:57:56 PM

6. Where was this filmed, Dogpatch?

Posted by: TampaZeke | Sep 4, 2012 3:06:26 PM

7. JACKFKNTWIST: I didn't think it up, but I wish I had.

(ah, I still think of Jack and Ennis)

Posted by: Michael in Toronto | Sep 4, 2012 4:14:46 PM

8. I confess. I love blogs that show cute animals in content. Reminds me always that all living things should be respected. Especially if they weigh 600 lbs and I weigh 150 lbs and they've got claws as long as my feet. Not into, uh, bears so much but for those I've seen here, I'll make an exception, especially the polar bear.

Posted by: jamal49 | Sep 5, 2012 11:25:51 AM

9. awwww

I've had a soft spot for bears, too.

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Sep 6, 2012 8:35:00 AM