Ellen DeGeneres | Madonna | News

Ellen Thanks Madonna for Helping Her Come Out of the Closet: VIDEO

Madge_ellen

On today's Ellen show, Ellen talked for the first time about words of support that Madonna had sent her when she was coming out of the closet and how much they meant to her at the time.

They also talked about the Super Bowl and Ellen got a Madonna corset.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

On the Super Bowl:

The corset:

Comments

1. Yes, the faux lesbianism is annoying and patronizing, but to be fair, Madonna has said in interviews as well as her movie Truth or Dare how hot it is to see men kissing. "Every straight guy should have a man's tongue in his mouth at least once."

When her backup dancers kissed during a game of truth or dare, she said, "I'm getting a hard-on."

In the 90's, it was pretty radical, and for men, it still is.

Posted by: dh | Oct 29, 2012 8:14:01 PM

2. Wait, wait, wait!

Jason/Rick says no gay or bisexual male has had any success on the charts in the past 30 years since Madonna hit the scene. SYRAX points out Adam Lambert. But, Jason says no! JASON HERE IS A REAL FACT: Adam's last album went #1 in the U.S. and Canada making him the first openly gay artist to do so in history. Now shut up. You have been proven wrong.

Btw, while not technicaly American (your the one that said American), Elton John had several #1 hits (and Top Ten hits) after he officially came out in 1988.

Facts. Not opinion. Please consult the Billboard charts when you take the tin foil off your head.

Posted by: MATT | Oct 29, 2012 8:29:29 PM

3. Does anyone have a link? The first video is set to "Private" and wont play :-(

Posted by: Chicklets | Oct 29, 2012 8:36:45 PM

4. Nevermind...found it on Perezhilton's site.

Posted by: Chicklets | Oct 29, 2012 8:42:14 PM

5. I think most people who came out of the closet in the '90's felt empowered by Madonna's efforts. I know I did.

It seemed like the whole world was changing. For the first time, a presidential candidate courted the gay vote. Straight people knew who Act Up and Rupaul were. Madonna seemed to be at the front line of this sea change.

I think what she did in Russia was just as beautiful.

No one at the time could predict just how much the girl-on-girl imagery would be co-opted and commodified.

Posted by: dh | Oct 29, 2012 8:47:40 PM

6. Call me old-fashioned, but I don't like my Madonna on TV laughing with her kid. I like my Madonna frosty, regal and essentially inhuman.

Also, sorry, but Madonna wasn't a "well-trained businesswoman," back in 1982 performing in gay clubs, or performing at gay benefits soon after.

Posted by: jd | Oct 29, 2012 9:31:05 PM

7. Why do people even waste the time to read Jason's posts anymore? I just scroll down.

Posted by: candide001 | Oct 29, 2012 9:43:47 PM

8. Madonna used the "titillate-sleazy-straight-guys-while-standing-up-for-gay-guys" trick. This is a well known marketing trick of female singers. The illusion is that she is sticking up for us but the reality is that she is appealing in a titillating way to the men who think we're gross.

In my view, it's a trick designed to make money. It reflects poorly on us as a community because it proves how incredibly shallow we are. We have failed to see through these women and now we're suffering for it.

Posted by: jason | Oct 29, 2012 9:48:53 PM

9. Of course Jason doesn't acknowledge that he was wrong about Adam Lambert and Elton.

"In my view..." Jason, you have proved the saying: opinions are like assholes, everyone has one but we don't need to hear it. You are an annoying little pest.

Posted by: BETTY | Oct 29, 2012 10:08:54 PM

10. Betty,

I'm correct because I've got the facts to back it up.

Posted by: jason | Oct 29, 2012 10:50:48 PM

11. Blaming women because men in power get turned on by the thought of lesbianism and turned off at the thought of sodomy is akin to blaming rape victims for being raped... I loved Madonna 30 years ago when she was pretending to be a "bad" catholic school girl. I loved her 20 years ago when she was pretending to be a dominatrix. TEN Years ago, when she pretended to be bisexual, I had begun to find her a little sad, but I admired her for yet again reinventing herself.. I will admit to being disgusted whenever I see a drunk college girl making out with her female (straight identified)friend in order to get guys to buy them drinks, but I do not feel that it's "bringing me down" on any way... Plus, say what you want about Ellen's contributions to defend gay marriage in California... If YOU were an openly gay person in this country BEFORE she came out, then you know how much the gay community is indebted to her..

Posted by: rd | Oct 29, 2012 10:53:40 PM

12. =======ww w.myvoguestore.c om======

all style air J0rdan sh0es33$,Air F0rce 1 33$, duks SB sh0e30-35$, Sh0x sh0e30-35$. disc0unt jersxy, High quality T-shirts20$,ED hardit-shirts20$,ED Hardi h00dies,Ev1su

sh0es,GUCC1 sh0es,1V H andBag36$,Chane1 H andbag36$,men,women fashi0n,AG,CL,AF,DG…… ch1apest (TOP) N1ke A1r , J0rdan (1-24) sh0es $ 31
    moncler cl0thing $110

___________$$$$$$_$$$$$$$$__$$$$______$$$$
    __________$$$$$_____$$$$$$$$_$$$$_______$$$
    ___ _____$$$$$_________$$$$$$$$$$$$_______$$$
    _______ $$$_____________$$$$$$$$$$$________$$$
    _____$$$__ ______________$$$$$$$$$$________$$$$$$

Posted by: dsadsa | Oct 29, 2012 11:16:53 PM

13. Do you ever start to read a comment and quickly realize you're trapped in a Jason comment and can't get out. It's like a nightmare. Jason, seriously, STFU. You're "sleazy straight guy" phrase has honestly reached has become so vomit inducing. If you're trying to make a point, you've failed. ANd you'll never make your point. Because you psychotically repeat the same thing over and over. I am CERTAIN that you have a a very strained life and you are constantly involved in drama. I've met many a person like you. Very sad.

Posted by: Kevin B | Oct 29, 2012 11:19:57 PM

14. Jason:

No, you haven't proven ANY of these "facts". Just because you repeat over and over what the voices in your head tell you doesn't make it true. You have been provided real facts about Adam Lambert and Elton, but you want to ignore it.

Please provide REAL FACTS, not your opinion.

Posted by: BETTY | Oct 29, 2012 11:24:15 PM

15. Jason's "facts': 2+2=5

Posted by: BETTY | Oct 29, 2012 11:27:16 PM

16. Oh God, you're all cracking me up. Jason brings out more comedic lines than anyone. Jason for tenure! Making sense not required.

Posted by: UFFDA | Oct 30, 2012 12:12:28 AM

17. JASON -- you are an IDIOT. Madonna's so-called faux lesbianism or bisexuality didn't even come into play until nearly A DECADE into her career. And how on EARTH would that even affect any of the other stuff you're talking about? WOMEN IN MUSIC HAVE BEEN SEXY & TITILATING SINCE LONG BEFORE MADONNA -- and I dare you to find a bunch of straight guys who are currently into her. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOUR ARGUMENTS MAKES NO SENSE. HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA fool

Posted by: Precious | Oct 30, 2012 12:33:30 AM

18. Madonna used lesbianism as a ploy to get attention from the mainstream media, which is owned by straight guys. She probably knew that she could use this arm of her marketing strategy to get widespread coverage, which she did. The other arm of her strategy was to issue periodic statements supporting the rights of gay men in what appears to have been a cleverly thought out plan to win support from gay men who don't have male role models in the industry. She made a LOT of money that way.

Think about all the property she now owns thanks to how she managed to delude gay men into worshipping her. She had you guys over a barrel.

Caught between the music industry's rejection of openly gay/bi male performers and the need that you guys have for public validation, you had no choice but to turn to a female who titillated the very men who hate you.

Posted by: jason | Oct 30, 2012 1:16:32 AM

19. JASON - "the men who hate me"? What are you talking about? Men love me. I'm too hot to have to read this complicated nonsense. Not with all these men around.

Posted by: UFFDA | Oct 30, 2012 1:22:29 AM

20. Jason, please have someone f the s*#t out of you immediately. You are, hands down, the most annoying comments person on this or any other gay website. Even if you had a point, your delivery is so psychotic that NO ONE CARES.

Posted by: Kevin B | Oct 30, 2012 1:24:02 AM

21. Kevin B,

I don't care about you. I make my points and that's that. They expose the hypocrisy and fraudulent behavior of the community.

Posted by: jason | Oct 30, 2012 1:31:19 AM

22. There's nothing like enlightening, informed opinions and spirited, intelligent debate.

The comments on this article are nothing like it.

Posted by: Mark | Oct 30, 2012 2:18:21 AM

23. Anyone can look up that Ellen gave no money to fight Prop 8. Donations are a matter of public record by la

Posted by: Not Impressed | Oct 30, 2012 4:31:22 AM

24. Anyone can look up that Ellen gave no money to fight Prop 8. Donations are a matter of public record by la

Posted by: Not Impressed | Oct 30, 2012 4:31:22 AM

25. @Jason "These female singers create the ILLUSION of acceptance but what they're really appealing to is sexist and homophobic men who don't like gay guys."

LOL, what a hilarious joke. You truly believe it was straight men driving Madonna's sales? That is some impressive self-imposed delusion right there!

Posted by: BenR | Oct 30, 2012 8:45:09 AM