Gay Marriage | Gay Wedding | News

Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Eli and Dave

Eli_david

Eli Puterman writes us:

"I just got married to the love of my life, Dave Shortt, this past Sunday in Rigaud, Quebec. On the wedding day, Dave featured the following 6 minute animated video about our families and our life together as a couple for the first time. I had never seen it before, and it was a total surprise and gift to me at our wedding in front of 100 and some people."

Check out the STUNNING clip which follows the ancestry of Dave and Eli (sometimes in split screen) to their meeting. This obviously took a ton of work. Congrats guys!

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Don't miss our other recent Gay Wedding videos...
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Robert and Nathanael [tr]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: JoAnna and Jenny [tr]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Kenton and Johnny [tr]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Jeff and Joe [tr]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Tim and Nic [tr]

Comments

1. I am giving the office full on "Claire Danes Crying Face" right now, and it is not pretty.

Posted by: MJ | Oct 12, 2012 6:20:06 PM

2. That made me very happy!

Mazel tov!

Posted by: TampaZeke | Oct 12, 2012 6:31:32 PM

3. Too bad there's no family heritage to pass on for Eli and Dave. I never understood the appeal of the totally bald. Is her undergoing chemo?

Posted by: GB | Oct 12, 2012 6:31:51 PM

4. Words escape me, crying with joy, congrats!

Posted by: jsb | Oct 12, 2012 7:09:22 PM

5. That. Was. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

Posted by: peterparker | Oct 12, 2012 7:13:58 PM

6. Best. Wedding. Video. Ever! Congrats David & Eli.

Posted by: GASWORKS | Oct 12, 2012 7:34:52 PM

7. Awesome, awesome, awesome.

Posted by: IanR | Oct 12, 2012 10:26:27 PM

8. Bravo, wonderful, amazing...and a good lesson in how to do it.

Posted by: UFFDA | Oct 12, 2012 10:47:14 PM

9. Powerful! Equality TODAY!

Posted by: Paul Leary | Oct 13, 2012 2:23:13 AM

10. How beautiful !.......this vid, beautifully produced, just makes me feel so joyous for the two men in love, Eli and David, and for all of us.......after such years of suppression of our nature to be able now to share such happiness is truly remarkable...
    "Oh brave new world that has such people in it."

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Oct 13, 2012 6:39:36 AM

11. I'm almost speechless, that was so beautifully done.
    Congratulations you two!
    (and yes, Canada is a wonderful place to live. we got married here in 2003, after 28 years...)

Posted by: garry | Oct 13, 2012 12:00:14 PM

12. I don't even know how most of those effects were done. So, so impressive. Good luck to Dave and Eli!

Posted by: Billy | Oct 13, 2012 12:09:50 PM

13. WOW!!!!

Posted by: Henry | Oct 13, 2012 12:44:49 PM

14. That was amazing and beautiful, but one question: has ANYBODY ever sung "Higher Love" so the listener can understand the lyrics? I still have no idea what the lyrics are.

Posted by: Joseph | Oct 13, 2012 3:25:41 PM

15. Congrats Boys! That video is ridonculous. How do you do it? It was so trixie and I wish I had the tools, know-how, and ability to do it myself. So powerful, interesting, and fun to watch. My husband and I of 17 years wish you all the very best. Cheers Boys!

Posted by: sparklekittens | Oct 13, 2012 4:17:59 PM

16. Lovely, moving, but please just call them "Wedding Video of the Day". I don't recall ever going to a "Straight Wedding", do you? Besides we all know that Towleroad is a "gay" website.

Posted by: MarcosLB | Oct 13, 2012 10:25:34 PM

17. Utterly so dear as to terrorize one in the caring. Terrific and thanks so much.

Posted by: Peter Haan | Oct 13, 2012 10:47:45 PM

18. yeah, you got me to cry. thanks, seriously.

and congrats!!!

Posted by: just_a_guy | Oct 13, 2012 11:39:44 PM

19. Wow. Speechless and teary-eyed I am. Even in ancient Greece it's called the "higher love," no offense to straights.

Posted by: Manny Espinola | Oct 14, 2012 12:09:49 AM

20. Very moving, thanks for sharing your love with us!

Posted by: WayneMPLS | Oct 14, 2012 9:59:59 AM

21. The video was so beautiful (he writes, tears streaming down his cheeks).

May they have 1,000 X 1,000 years of happiness together.

Posted by: jamal49 | Oct 14, 2012 7:53:00 PM

22. Great! I never thought I'd see this in my lifetime.

And do, please, keep emphasizing the gay in the title. As long as bigotry and hatred keep us from celebrating our marriages in every state and country and city and burg; as long as we're treated as non-citizens; as long as we're fired from our jobs, kicked out of our homes, beaten and murdered just for being ourselves, it's absolutely imperative that we claim every incremental progressive step we make, and claim it loudly that yes, we're gay, and we're married.

Posted by: fritzrth | Oct 15, 2012 9:34:30 AM

23. Just like everyone else, Wow. What a beautiful thing.

Posted by: EricD. | Oct 15, 2012 11:30:10 AM

24. Wow <3

Posted by: Miguel | Oct 15, 2012 12:47:59 PM

25. congratulations!

Nice picture over Osoyoos BC.

Amazing work, and I'm going to have this stuck in my head when I do our own wedding invitations soon. Way to set the bar high guys!

Posted by: Jason | Oct 19, 2012 4:37:18 PM