Gay Marriage | Gay Wedding | Muppets | News

Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Aaron and Danny

Aaron_danny

Back in May I posted a meticulously produced and performed song and dance video marriage proposal from producer Danny Rose to his boyfriend Aaron Rosenberg, an entertainment lawyer. Well, the two of them were married this past weekend in over-the-top Hollywood style.

The ceremony opened with a tongue-in-cheek video of The Muppets and Danny and Aaron performing "Somebody's Getting Married".

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

UnicornThere may be more clips in the future, but here are some details on the rest of the ceremony, which took place on the Paramount lot and certainly sounds clip-worthy.

Shortly thereafter, the grooms made their way down the aisle atop a unicorn to a Jewish wedding ceremony "with a twist" led by Joss Stone backed by a surprise gospel choir singing a rendition of Lion King's "Circle of Life" and Lauryn Hill's "Tell Him". John Legend serenaded the grooms and their mothers on their mother-son dance with his song "Stay With You". Jennifer Lopez made a special dedication of her song "Papi," broadcast from her European tour. There was a surprise live performance by PSY of his hit "Gangnam Style" (for which he called the grooms to the stage to join him); and an impromptu performance by Ciara of the Diana Ross hit "Upside Down," with the grooms as her background vocalists in wigs.

Don't miss our other recent Gay Wedding videos...
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Eli and Dave [tr]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Robert and Nathanael [tr]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: JoAnna and Jenny [tr]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Kenton and Johnny [tr]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Jeff and Joe [tr]

(lower image via facebook)

Comments

1. Say what you want, but frankly, I'm tired of celebrating the excess of rich people.

Posted by: SPOT | Oct 23, 2012 1:02:55 PM

2. Possibly the most annoying gay couple on earth.

Posted by: ben | Oct 23, 2012 1:03:09 PM

3. I'm sure there are folks who will love this, but I'd rather watch a regular couple getting married than an over the top Hollywood production.

Posted by: Howard | Oct 23, 2012 1:09:42 PM

4. Must be nice to be rich lol.

Posted by: KT | Oct 23, 2012 1:15:40 PM

5. I guess its a true sign of equality - if straight people can have over-the-top, excessive, borderline insane weddings, so can gay couples. Give me a simple backyard ceremony any day.

Posted by: Lee | Oct 23, 2012 1:18:07 PM

6. Over the top for me, but it wasn't my wedding, so... all the best for them.

Posted by: Matt26 | Oct 23, 2012 1:26:22 PM

7. What, no fireworks reflected in the castle moat?

Posted by: tbeth1957 | Oct 23, 2012 1:27:26 PM

8. This is the first time I've ever thought gays should have the right to marry taken away from them. Because, really, unicorns?

Posted by: Gregoire | Oct 23, 2012 1:42:09 PM

9. I'm going to have a similar wedding, but I think I'm going to have Mariah Carey performing the ceremony and Brandy at the Reception.

Posted by: Tristram | Oct 23, 2012 1:47:05 PM

10. Love it, love it, LOVE IT!

Posted by: Frank Butterfield | Oct 23, 2012 1:52:14 PM

11. Wow, 10 years from now when you look back at your wedding videos, how embarrassed will you be that you had Psy perform "Gangnam Style"?

Even deaf people can tell that's going to be right up there with "Macarena" and "Who Let the Dogs Out?" in what-were-we-thinking hits.

Posted by: endo | Oct 23, 2012 1:52:17 PM

12. Congratulations to the happy couple and God bless your family! My husband and I just celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary, our thirteenth anniversary of dating, and our son's second birthday.

Posted by: DB | Oct 23, 2012 1:55:04 PM

13. OK, not everyone's style, but at least they could do what they wanted, right?

I'd be happy simply standing at the justice o' peace if it was legal here (Indiana).

Someday we'll all look back on this and wonder how the hell we all dealt with the fact that some states made sure we'd have our basic rights denied.

Posted by: johnny | Oct 23, 2012 1:56:54 PM

14. Was this a parody?

Posted by: DavidGroff | Oct 23, 2012 2:08:13 PM

15. It's the same thing for the NY Times wedding listings. the sons of doctors or rich people get listed. I got married last weekend too, and it made someone's Facebook page. That's about it, but we're still as married as any of the hoity toity A-gays.

Posted by: Ken | Oct 23, 2012 2:08:37 PM

16. Who are you people and what happened to make you so incredibly bitter about the happiness of others?

I was at this wedding. Along with about 400 other people who had so much fun! It was a celebration of an amazing couple surrounded by friends and family from all over the world.

Were parts larger than life? Absolutely. Is this what Danny and Aaron wanted? Absolutely. Your jealous and nastiness was abundant when Andy posted Danny's video a while back. I defended him then and here I am again because this is ridiculous. Danny and Aaron are not mean spirited people. They're incredibly kind and they made sure everyone in attendance had a night filled with pure joy and laughter.

As for the comments about money...the musical acts are clients of Aaron's or were gifts from others in the Industry, most likely donated time. Was a lot of money still spent? It sure seemed like it...and it employed A LOT of people in the process. Good stuff all around!

Endo, ten years when they look back...they aren't gonna be embarrassed. They're going to remember the smiles and the hugs and the overwhelming amount of love felt in that room. 10 years from now, that's what I'll remember, too.

Come together and celebrate the beautiful. Don't disparage it. It's not for you? Totally okay. But if you'd been there that night, you'd have felt the love and had a smile plastered on yor face the whole time, though.

I wish there were more people like Danny and Aaron out there. The world would be a better place.

Posted by: Larry | Oct 23, 2012 2:13:54 PM

17. this gives gays a bad name. ridiculous and stupid

Posted by: will | Oct 23, 2012 2:15:53 PM

18. Whatever, Larry, we can call out tacky when we see it. We're gay and that's how we play.

Posted by: Gregoire | Oct 23, 2012 2:17:33 PM

19. All the best gentlemen, you've just started my day with a smile.

Posted by: Carlos | Oct 23, 2012 2:20:57 PM

20. Larry- thank you for your great comments and personalizing their joy for us. I think it was a blast. I was just surprised the trolls here weren't mad that one of the grooms was making all gays look bad by trying on a wedding dress. HORRORS!!

Posted by: Frank | Oct 23, 2012 2:21:18 PM

21. Vulgar, tasteless and nausea-inducing.

Posted by: ByTheBay | Oct 23, 2012 2:22:45 PM

22. You know what's really ironic about Psy performing his one-hit-wonder at this weeding? The song is actually poking fun of A-lister's lavish lifestyle in an area of Seoul.

I wonder if Psy was chuckling on the inside.

Posted by: endo | Oct 23, 2012 2:24:33 PM

23. Isn't this kind of outsize budget the reason Gay weddings are going to save the economy. And really, who's getting hurt? One man's "tacky" is another man's (or two other men's) joyful celebration. I say, weddings for all! And every one to their own style.

Posted by: karl | Oct 23, 2012 2:32:44 PM

24. Look, Larry, maybe they are really great guys, salt of the earth or whatever, but I don't care WHO it is gay or straight but at some point weddings, gay or straight, cross a line of ostentation and conspicuous consumption so they become grotesque and repellant. The word "gawdy" was coined for a reason.

Obviously that's opinion, but it IS my opinion and I don't care if the happy couple is Jonas Salk and Mother Teresa. That isn't bitterness, it's a matter of personal taste.

Now, that said, I hope they have a long and happy life together, albeit with a little less showmanship.

Posted by: Caliban | Oct 23, 2012 2:34:44 PM

25. OK, I'm happy for them, but for many people this seems a garish and ostentatious display of over-the-top tacky. Larry, I'm glad you had a good time but seriously, this is vulgar.

I'm sure they're wonderful people, but this seems Hollywood tasteless if you ask me.

Posted by: Jonathan | Oct 23, 2012 2:35:22 PM