Kirk Cameron | News

Kirk Cameron Says He Was 'Stoned' and 'Crucified' for Expressing Anti-Gay Views: VIDEO

Cameron

Kirk Cameron told Liberty University students last week to be brave and speak up when asked about their views on homosexuality and other topics, Right Wing Watch reports.

He said conservative Christians shouldn’t be “wussing out” when confronted by questions about homosexuality should deliver a message of truth in love” in order to “see people in a right relationship with God, helped and healed and whole.”

Cameron claimed he was “drug out to the public square and stoned so to speak" and "crucified" after he had “blasphemed the God of Political Correctness" by expressing his anti-gay views to Piers Morgan.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. please show us your nail holes you a-hole

Posted by: walter | Oct 10, 2012 1:47:14 PM

2. That's great, Kirk. At least you weren't beaten up, pistol whipped, tied up to a fence post and left to die for being gay.

Posted by: ophu | Oct 10, 2012 1:49:37 PM

3. He's a pathetic mess. Serious closet case.
    STFU already you brainwashed zombie hypocrite.

Posted by: SFshawn | Oct 10, 2012 1:51:21 PM

4. Love speech? God has NOTHING to what your saying.
    You see you hate people and YOU (like the devil)
    instigate hate. Gay LOVE is LOVE and has nothing to do with YOU.
    Look after your own marriages and let those who want love have love.
    I used to like you now I think youre sad.

Posted by: Colin New Zealand | Oct 10, 2012 1:56:19 PM

5. This is hilarious, all this stuff coming from the far-right religious people now: "I'm the victim because I'm not allowed to victimize others; I'm oppressed because I can no longer oppress."

Posted by: Randal Oulton | Oct 10, 2012 2:02:44 PM

6. I think he volunteered to go on Piers Morgan. It's like stepping out into traffic without looking and then blaming the cars.

Posted by: anon | Oct 10, 2012 2:04:14 PM

7. Whoa, just saw Paul B.'s comment.

Paul, that's way over the top inappropriate and unacceptable.

Posted by: Randal Oulton | Oct 10, 2012 2:05:02 PM

8. The full post at RightWingWatch.org notes that further on in the speech, Kirk praised the MA Bay Colony for its religious freedom. Unfortunately for Kirk, the colony was formed by people who were fleeing the CofE so that they could have religious liberty for themselves alone. Baptists, for example, were sentenced to banishment. Too bad the Religious Right doesn't get history right.

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Oct 10, 2012 2:27:39 PM

9. I wonder how many people in the audience fell asleep. He's not an engaging speaker.

I guess now he'll just have to pull that fish emblem off his car so people won't know he's (shhhh, quiet now) a Christian.

Posted by: i could go on, but I won't | Oct 10, 2012 2:50:12 PM

10. If only...

Posted by: fstclss | Oct 10, 2012 3:06:21 PM

11. Kirk says homosexuality is "unnatural." Sorry Kirk..living a lie in a closet is "unnatural." He's a Christian? I think not..

Posted by: Jim Stone | Oct 10, 2012 3:16:32 PM

12. When you find yourself on the same side of an argument as Mahmoud Ahmadinejad - and THEN start comparing your struggles on the national talk-show circuit to the sacrifices of Jesus Christ - you have taken a terribly wrong turn in your life. When you herald hate in the name of God, you have become an instrument of evil and an unwitting victim of Satan. Pity him.

Posted by: mvecera | Oct 10, 2012 3:18:03 PM

13. Yeah, stoned, crucified, and pocketing a few hundred K in various speaking engagements. Ya gotta feel for the poor guy.

Posted by: BobN | Oct 10, 2012 3:18:13 PM

14. @Randal...thanks for grading my paper. Do you think for one minute that these people wouldn't put us all on an island somewhere and nuke it if they could get away with it? You know what's wrong with our community...we've got no balls...just a lot of bitchy blogging.
    We've got no leader with guts, no "act-up" and nobody willing to take it to the next inevitable level. Even though blacks have their "legal" equality...what a joke that is. Ask them if they feel "equal" yet. Don't think so.
    Is that what we have to look forward to? The straight whites rationing equality to the rest of us? Just enough to keep us in line...don't want any violence. We're asking them for something we should have already and should take by any means necessary if that's what it comes to.
    So, you think it's over the top...that's your ignorant opinion.

Posted by: PAUL B. | Oct 10, 2012 3:22:24 PM

15. @Randal...I sound angry today....sorry. You're probably 25 years old and have plenty of time. I'm not young...running out of time and patience. Raised kids...from a closet. Have grandkids...try to protect them from the hate and bigotry. Tired of waiting.

Posted by: PAUL B. | Oct 10, 2012 3:27:34 PM

16. Kirk who ? I'm perfectly comfortable not knowing who he is. He sounds like another moron. Did someone open up the gates of Morontown in the last few months ? Is that why we have so many moronic visitors now ?

Posted by: Icebloo | Oct 10, 2012 3:33:56 PM

17. My name is Kirk and when I say horrible, hateful things which incite violence against gay people those mean gay people say bad things about me. It's not fair !

Posted by: Icebloo | Oct 10, 2012 3:36:23 PM

18. It's just a shame how many Christians are "crucified" and "stoned" even figuratively, causing them to commit suicide in such huge numbers in the US. Hardly a day goes by when we don't hear about a Christian kid hanging himself because of pro-gay bullying.

Posted by: KevinVT | Oct 10, 2012 4:45:10 PM

19. American evangelical bright and shiny speech with its subliminal bigotry always makes me want to throw up.

As Holden Caulfield said :
    "Old Jesus would just puke."

(thanks again for the quote Tim/Jim.)

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Oct 10, 2012 5:07:27 PM

20. On the contrary, the only reason this washed-up "actor" is in the media at all in 2012 is because of his bigotry. So unless his definition of "crucified" means cashing in on one's weird homophobia he's simply playing the victim card to keep himself in this sad little spotlight.

Posted by: Ernie | Oct 10, 2012 5:16:10 PM

21. Stoned and crucified? I didn't know Cameron was into S&M.

Posted by: Robert K. | Oct 10, 2012 5:23:48 PM

22. @Kevin...and having said that, don't you just want to puke? Are things getting better...yes. Is it slow and painful...and are some of our youngest & brightest paying the ultimate price?
    Yes. And they have the nerve to complain about crucifixion. Pathetic.

Posted by: PAUL B. | Oct 10, 2012 5:29:50 PM

23. If the truth is always love, then I have to tell you Kirk, you are a hell-bound heretic, your "marriage" is invalid and her children are bastards (although it is nice you've accepted paternity of them). Of course, nearly all your audience will be burning with you - after all, that's what the nuns and priests at my Catholic school taught me was God's law, and I should always believe in God's law, right?

Posted by: CPT_Doom | Oct 10, 2012 5:55:44 PM

24. No bullets please but this idiot needs a pie in the face and big dildo up his pure Christian butt hole.

Posted by: jaragon | Oct 10, 2012 6:32:18 PM

25. Didn't the Book of Matthew give an anecdote about the Devil twisting the words of God to tempt Christ? Perhaps a crucifixion for him will put things in perspective, rather than the actual marginalization he has been receiving. I don't think he really knows what pain is all about--maybe he should ask those gay people who have been strung up on fence posts in Wyoming or beaten on the head what real crucifixion is all about. Boy, talk about "sissies"--he's the biggest one out there.

Posted by: woodroad34 | Oct 10, 2012 6:43:31 PM