Kirk Cameron | News

BigGayDeal.com

Kirk Cameron Says He Was 'Stoned' and 'Crucified' for Expressing Anti-Gay Views: VIDEO

Cameron

Kirk Cameron told Liberty University students last week to be brave and speak up when asked about their views on homosexuality and other topics, Right Wing Watch reports.

He said conservative Christians shouldn’t be “wussing out” when confronted by questions about homosexuality should deliver a message of truth in love” in order to “see people in a right relationship with God, helped and healed and whole.”

Cameron claimed he was “drug out to the public square and stoned so to speak" and "crucified" after he had “blasphemed the God of Political Correctness" by expressing his anti-gay views to Piers Morgan.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. WHAT A DRAMA QUEEN!

Posted by: Bob | Oct 10, 2012 7:11:47 PM

2. Oh give it a rest already, you aging closet queen Kirk Cameron!

Let it be known, that the more you attack us, we WILL attack back. No more just listening to your twisted Un-Christian HATE talk anymore.

Posted by: FunMe | Oct 10, 2012 8:23:26 PM

3. I think it's time to unleash the CHRIS KLUWE:

"Where, in all of Jesus’ teachings, did he ever say to deny the humanity of other human beings; where did the Son of God proclaim that mortal Man knew God’s will; where, pray tell, did Jesus ever say to harden your heart against those who may not be exactly the same as you?

I say to you – nowhere. Nowhere does Jesus preach hate, or intolerance, or loathing. Nowhere does Jesus say, “You shall deny the humanity of gay people because it makes you feel uncomfortable”. Nowhere does Jesus say, “And the mortal men of the Church shall be the sole conduits of the Word of God, for they are perfect and infallible.” Nowhere, in all of the recorded teachings of Jesus, does it say anything about discrimination or prejudice.

“But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.”

ZAS!

Posted by: FunMe | Oct 10, 2012 8:25:44 PM

4. @ Paul B. -- Inciting violence against someone personally for any reason as you know isn't acceptable, and would probably get you and this blog in trouble if anyone saw that comment. I think your emotions just got the best of you, and if there were an edit button, you'd probably correct it. I think you're a reasonable guy, I think the heat of the moment just took over your fingers there for a sec.

Posted by: Randal Oulton | Oct 10, 2012 10:35:04 PM

5. Holy Santorum! Does this guy own a suit?

Posted by: parkrunner | Oct 10, 2012 11:29:02 PM

6. You have to realize, people, that he wasn't LITERALLY "stoned and crucified." He was simply zonked out of his mind and strapped onto a St Andrew's Cross for some hardcore flogging.

You know, like ya do...

Posted by: Rich F. | Oct 10, 2012 11:32:06 PM

7. Tried to stone and crucify you, Kirk? Hmmm... Mommie Dammit thinks they didn't try hard enough, but then I wasn't leading the charge.

Then again, you were at Liberty No-It's-Not-An-Accredited-University, so this kind of overt public masturbation is expected from snot-nosed weenies like yourself.

... oh, damn. My Stoli's empty.

Posted by: Mommie Dammit | Oct 11, 2012 3:20:31 AM

8. I am always amazed at these people who claim to study the Bible so hard, yet they miss the entire message Jesus was trying to say...it's all about LOVE! Not hate, it's about love. Why Kirk and others of his ilk fail to see this is beyond me. If you really want to be Christian, it cannot be "cafeteria style", where you pick and choose which parts you like, while discarding the rest. It just doesn't work that way. Again, Kirk and all others, Paul asked Jesus which is the most important Commandment? Jesus replied: Love my Father with all your heart, mind and soul. The second most important Commandment? Love your neighbor as you love my Father. Neighbor, meaning EVERYONE. Including those who have skin tone darker than yours. Including those who like the same gender. Including those who are different from you. See, Kirk, it's really not so easy being a Christian. Stop claiming to be one until you can learn how to not hate. Yes, hate is a learned behavior.

Posted by: millerbeach | Oct 11, 2012 4:27:03 AM

9. FYI--Bad PR is not equivalent to this: http://stopstonningnow.com/wpress/. Yes, actually being stoned for blasphemy (among other things).

Posted by: Katie | Oct 11, 2012 7:05:05 AM

10. Perhaps he meant to say: "I was stoned when I expressed my opposition to gay marriage and after the backlash I received, I wanted to crucify myself."

Posted by: Gigi | Oct 11, 2012 8:07:01 AM

11. He's in pretty good shape for having been stoned. Or did he mean he was toking?

Posted by: Gene Touchet | Oct 11, 2012 8:44:52 AM

12. Kirk thinks The Flintstones was a documentary.

Posted by: Geoff | Oct 11, 2012 9:46:15 AM

13. If Kirk Cameron ain't gay, then I ain't either. Geez, my gaydar hits the red zone whenever I see him talk.

Posted by: jamal49 | Oct 11, 2012 10:46:22 AM

14. " ... and in one Lord Kirk Cameron,the only-begotten Son of God ..." (Reich-Wing version of the Nicene Creed?)

I have to agree with posters who caught a fetid whiff of repressed and twisted homo-eroticism in the sub-text.

FYI, Kirk, criminals were crucified STARK NAKED, and a zillion puritanical Christian crucifixes notwithstanding, the Romans weren't about to change that for one person. A small-time Jewish rabble-rouser was pretty small potatoes to them.

Perhaps that's what you were fantasizing about in the dark of night.

But really, dear, there aren't many of us left who WANT to see you with your clothes off! Rather, let us preserve our own teenage masturbatory fantasies from decades gone by.

Posted by: bud clark | Oct 11, 2012 11:33:26 AM

15. Considering Matthew Shepard was *LITERALLY* "stoned and crucified", Mr. Cameron needs to relax the anti-gay rhetoric a little.

Posted by: Gnarly Gnosis | Oct 11, 2012 7:47:30 PM

16. Believing in the scriptures does not mean you are "gay bashing" but it seems that "Christian bashing" on this forum is ok. We should be tolerant of all people's views and that includes Christians.

Posted by: Candy | Oct 19, 2012 9:47:32 PM