Ellen DeGeneres | Macklemore | Music | News | Ryan Lewis

BigGayDeal.com

Macklemore and Ryan Lewis Sing Their Marriage Equality Anthem 'Same Love' on Ellen: VIDEO

Ellen

Macklemore and Ryan Lewis performed an amazing, showstopping rendition of their marriage equality anthem "Same Love" on Ellen. Ellen called them "my new heroes."

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

And if you've somehow missed their unbelievable music video, watch it HERE.

Comments

1. Love how Not Impressed hasn't even denied that he/she is just another alias of Jason/Rick.

Pathetic troll is pathetic and show go kill itself.

Posted by: MateoM | Oct 31, 2012 12:39:52 PM

2. Again, the pronouncements of a comments' section bully!

so far you've tried to dismiss what I've said by equating me with some Jason person who seems to be disliked

You've called me a troll

You've called me a liar

The fact is Ellen did not do what she could have to defeat prop 8- No matter what spin comes along.

You can forget and forget - some have with Ken Mehlman --- I still resent that she didn't do more

Posted by: Not Impressed | Oct 31, 2012 12:43:55 PM

3. The only spin here is you, sweetheart. You initially insisted that Ellen spent no money. When that lie was disproven, you change your argument to Ellen didn't do enough.

At this point, it's not a question of how much Ellen spent. It's that you have a personal agenda consistent with previous misogynistic comments aimed at Ellen, Lady Gaga, and other female entertainers, and nothing you say should be taken seriously, no matter what alias you post under.

Begone with you, troll!

Posted by: endo | Oct 31, 2012 12:51:37 PM

4. Agreed, Endo. We all wish Jason/Rick/Not Impressed would just go away or be banned.

Posted by: MateoM | Oct 31, 2012 1:30:58 PM

5. Endo=Mateom

You do not have the power to ban people here. If you do, ban away.

Giving $100K when you earn $45 million is the same as given $100 when you earn $45,000.

Should we stand up and cheer? I think we should sit down and boo.

Ellen's inaction at the time of the Prop 8 campaign was heartbreaking - and no matter how hard her PR people work, you can't change history.

Have at it comment section bullies!

Posted by: Not Impressed | Oct 31, 2012 1:41:29 PM

6. Actually Not Impressed, I'm not Endo, which you can tell by the differences in what we say. Unlike You, Rick and Jason. You all use the same copy and pasted rants on this site every day. It's exhausting to have to deal with you every day. Go troll somewhere else. And take your opinions (not facts, since you haven't provided links to support your "evidence") elsewhere. Get a life. Or die. I don't really care why you leave, just leave.

Posted by: MateoM | Oct 31, 2012 1:52:15 PM

7. To those who insist on everyone having the same opinion. I think you should leave, but I think you have a right to be here as long as you follow the rules. That's why they call it the comments section. This whole thing about assuming I'm Jason is also ridiculous, but hey this is the internet.

Again, relatively speaking Ellen's $100K contribution during the Prop. 8 was insignificant for her and for its impact in the costly campaign. Given the nature of the campaign her inaction was and remains shameful. My Uncle Maury's $200 contribution represented a greater personal commitment. I remember.

Posted by: Not Impressed | Oct 31, 2012 2:11:27 PM

8. Also, Happy Halloween!

Posted by: Not Impressed | Oct 31, 2012 2:12:20 PM

9. I think Mateom and Endo may be one and the same person. After all, they seem to have similar trains of thought..... LOL.

Isn't it interesting how some of the posters can't cope with my reasoned posts. Everything I say is based on reason and facts. A lot of you PC poofs can't accept it. Go away, PC poofs.

Posted by: jason | Oct 31, 2012 5:02:08 PM

10. This is hilarious, of course ENDO has repeatedly proven himself to be an officious ass so he hasn't got much to add that anyone should bother with. Just sayin.

I miss RICK.

Posted by: uffda | Oct 31, 2012 5:52:52 PM

11. It just occurred to me that I've been trying to fight a troll. Which is pointless, because a troll is not going to concede victory or fess up when he/she is wrong. A troll is a troll is a troll and that's all there is to them.

Don't address Jason/Rick anymore. At all. In any way. They'll make your blood boil and nothing good will come of it. You'll have waisted time trying to reason with someone who is beyond reason, decency, or honesty. Jason/Rick IS THE WORST.

Posted by: MateoM | Oct 31, 2012 8:36:53 PM

12. Well, back to Macklemore, which is the REAL point of this article, I love this song and you should check out more of his stuff on YouTube. It's the furthest thing from the "b*tches and hoes" style hip-hop that glorifies violence. Many if the videos are awesome too.

I liked Thrift Shop, Love Song, and Otherside in particular. Otherside is an anti-drug song, but not in a preachy, "just say no" sort of way. It's more "I've seen people die" and you're just wasting your potential.

Macklemore's latest LP debuted high on the charts so he does have a following and Same Love (from the new album) has the potential to reach his audience.

Posted by: Caliban | Oct 31, 2012 9:19:23 PM

13. Jason,talk about a one trick pony. Can you tell us what your mother did to you?

Posted by: greenfuzz | Oct 31, 2012 9:54:35 PM

14. The song is good but why do all these people try to sound like scumbag Eminem ? Why don't they try to sound original.

Posted by: Icebloo | Nov 1, 2012 3:07:24 PM

15. They've been playing this song on KEXP in Seattle for at least a month so it does get the airplay

Posted by: lara | Nov 1, 2012 6:24:52 PM