Mika | News

BigGayDeal.com

Mika's Purple and 'Popular': VIDEO

Popular_mika

In honor of GLAAD's Spirit Day, here's a performance from Mika he did this week at NYC's Webster Hall of his track "Popular Song" with deals with bullying (specifically, the haters in high school who want to be his friend now that he's famous) and contains a sample from the Broadway musical Wicked.

Popular, I know about popular
And all that you have to do, is be true to you
That’s all you ever need to know
Catch up, cause you got an awful long way to go
Catch up, cause you got an awful long way to go

I was on the lookout for someone to hate
Picking on me like a dinner plate
I'd hit during classes, and in between them
Dunk me in the toilet sounds you that cleans 'em

You tried to make me feel bad with the sh#t you do
It ain’t so funny when the joke’s on you

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Going to see him in LA Sunday. So excited!

Posted by: andypharmer | Oct 19, 2012 9:31:39 AM

2. Can't understand a single word he's saying.

Posted by: Rrhain | Oct 19, 2012 1:26:23 PM

3. I ended up going to this very NYC concert at the last minute, as guests of a couple of young friends. I never would have gone on my own. The whole audience seemed to be gay men and straight girls, and it was packed. Mika completely won me over. He's an adorable guy the whole audience wants to take home. Very unpretentious, great voice, catchy music, just comes out and sings and jumps around the stage like a bunny and gets the audience going. Adam Lambert could learn from him - when I saw Adam live he didn't connect with the audience like Mika did, since Adam was so busy posing & changing outfits. Mika just sings, and is great at it.

Posted by: JIm | Oct 19, 2012 1:26:46 PM

4. although appreciated, these videos clips don't do mika justice. check him out on iTunes... his music has an honest, astral enthusiasm.

Posted by: my2cents | Oct 19, 2012 1:35:10 PM

5. Thanks for your post Jim. I thought I was the only one who thought about Adam Lambert like you do. Wish I had been there to experience this moment in time.

Posted by: cloistered1 | Oct 19, 2012 1:47:16 PM

6. I love the "choir" robes. Reminds me of Zippy the Pinhead's attire.

Posted by: cloistered1 | Oct 19, 2012 1:49:22 PM