Elton John | I'm Not Gay | Katie Couric | News | Rod Stewart

Rod Stewart Denies He Got Stomach Pumped After Gay Tryst: 'I'm as Heterosexual as They Come' - VIDEO

Stewart

Rod Stewart took the opportunity on Katie Couric's daytime show "Katie" to dispel some of the urban myths that have surrounded his career, including one involving a medical operation to remove a pint of semen from his stomach.

Asked Katie: "Fact or fiction? Rod once needed to get his stomach pumped after an encounter with sailors at a gay bar in San Diego."

Stewart explains that the rumor was started by a publicist who wanted revenge.

"That is definitely not true. I'm as heterosexual as they come."

On another portion of the show, Katie also shared a photo of Stewart and Elton bathing next to one another after a soccer game.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Elton_stewart

Comments

1. Why would anyone need to have semen pumped from their stomach? Unless they also swallowed a box of condoms and an IUD or two.

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | Oct 26, 2012 8:48:50 AM

2. This is very tacky and I'm disappointed that Rod is a part of it. Katie Couric's standards seem to be plummeting along with her ratings.

Posted by: jason | Oct 26, 2012 8:52:25 AM

3. Just trash. Complete trash.

Posted by: Kissyfur | Oct 26, 2012 9:37:34 AM

4. I wish I could say I expect better of Katie, but no.

Posted by: Randy | Oct 26, 2012 10:29:22 AM

5. Katie's reputation loses credibility for even asking the question (and to some extent, so does Rod's for answering it as if this imaginary "medical problem" could have been an issue if he WERE a gay man).

Posted by: GregV | Oct 26, 2012 10:39:38 AM

6. Rod says he fired some gay guy who worked for Rod because he did some bad things and as revenge this gay person then started a rumor that Rod was gay, seems there have been a few other gays who have done the same things with other people. These evil gay people give us good LGBT people a bad name and make it harder for us good gays to get our equal and Civil Rights.

Posted by: Rodney | Oct 26, 2012 11:18:21 AM

7. He says "I'm as heterosexual as they come", but maybe he doesn't think anyone is completely heterosexual. You know the old saying about the difference between a gay man and a straight man.

Posted by: Jack | Oct 26, 2012 12:32:13 PM

8. Thank you Sonderkommando RODNEY; It's those few evil gay people who give "us" good LGBT people a bad name and make it harder for "us" good gays to get our equal and Civil Rights. It's not the pervasive heterosexist indoctrination we've suffered and continue to suffer under. Just those few evil ones, who've successfully blown things all out of proportion in a negative way that ensures our continued oppression. Thanks to your keen observation and intellect, I've seen the light. I'll be sure to push them ahead of us as we march to the gas chambers since they started it.

Posted by: Marc C | Oct 26, 2012 12:59:20 PM

9. maybe he did or maybe he didnt do it then, but he looks like he'd do it today

Posted by: mattsy | Oct 26, 2012 1:46:49 PM

10. when i was in high school this urban legend was going around but it was about Lil'Kim.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Oct 26, 2012 1:49:27 PM

11. Why would anyone believe it about anyone? I guess the myth included sailors because they, like any group of people in the military, can be organized, so you could get them to patiently queue up to eliminate any dead time.

You'd be hard pressed, even in the skankiest bar you can find, to process enough horny guys to generate a full pint before closing time. I'm not sure how much each guy would generate on the average, but if you figure on roughly 10 minutes to get someone off on the average, you can only take 6 "customers" per hour. I doubt there are enough hours between when people start showing up in large numbers and closing time to generate a full pint.

To have a chance, you'd want a fluffer contingent to get the guys ready to shoot before "servicing" them. It boggles the mind - they'd need a few naval officers to keep everything organized and maybe to assign a few sailors to "fluffer duty."

Posted by: Bill | Oct 26, 2012 3:32:09 PM

12. He should have also said he suports equal rights at the same time....

Posted by: Alan Brickman | Oct 26, 2012 5:47:30 PM

13. Ahahahahaha!!! Rodney, somehow, was able to make a connection between Rod Stewart's "evil" gay employee and LGBT Civil Rights. Wow, I would have never though of it, if it weren't for you, Rodney. You statement is so ridiculous that I can't stop laughing. It is the funniest sh*t I have read today in comment lines.

Posted by: Sergio | Oct 26, 2012 6:43:34 PM

14. you know what? I just looked at that bathtub pic and I think Elton might be gay

Posted by: just a guess | Oct 27, 2012 7:25:55 AM

15. @ JUST A GUESS -- I think you may be right about Elton.

Posted by: Joe in CT | Oct 27, 2012 9:46:56 AM

16. Thank you, Rodney. Now, please sit down and shut up.

Posted by: jamal49 | Oct 27, 2012 11:11:20 AM

17. i love the video, I looked for this thing formerly but could come across this thing just here and here.

Posted by: Shop Beats By Dre Sale | Oct 27, 2012 11:30:41 AM

18. I remember very clearly when the rumor erupted, 1979, only it wasn't a bunch of sailors, it was a basketball team. There was a lot of talk about it in my dorm at BGSU. Stewart was hugely popular at that point.

Posted by: jim | Oct 27, 2012 12:12:26 PM

19. Katie had pints of semen pumped into her when she did her entire Yorktown High School varsity football team back in Virginia. That's a fact that needs pumping out!

Posted by: Sheila | Oct 27, 2012 5:47:30 PM

20. my neighbor's step-sister makes $70 every hour on the laptop. She has been unemployed for eight months but last month her pay was $13977 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Go to this web site and read more http://www.Mid12.com

Posted by: giga | Oct 27, 2012 7:36:06 PM

21. You could chug a gallon of baby gravy, and you still wouldn't need your stomach pumped. People who believe this stuff are such maroons! PS: Rod's grayscale pixels look mighty sexy.

Posted by: Superman | Oct 28, 2012 12:18:20 AM

22. This was a rumor circulating our high school in the late 1970's...wow, to think someone like Katie would bring it up on her show, after over 30 years has passed...no wonder her program is in the ratings cellar.

Posted by: millerbeach | Oct 29, 2012 4:37:49 AM

23. I heard this over the radio at night 1979 and it went that Rod Stewart had passed out after a concert in New York. Taken to the hospital and had 16 oz of sperm pumped from his stomach. It was guessed that he performed oral sex on his bandmates. Of coarse if this happened there would be a record/ paper trail of the events. People can say anything, where is the proof.

Posted by: Ted banks | Oct 30, 2012 11:49:25 AM