Freddie Smith | Kiss | Soap Operas

BigGayDeal.com

Steamy 'Days of Our Lives' Gay Kiss Flagged as Possibly 'Inappropriate' by YouTube: VIDEO

Daysofourlives

Here's a really hot preview for the upcoming storyline between Will and Sonny on Days of Our Lives which features some steamy kissing and the removal of a shirt, but it's been age-restricted by YouTube.

YouTube commenters are fuming, and rightly so: "If it was a guy and a girl it would never have gotten flagged. There is nothing inappropriate about it."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Signin

Comments

1. @GARY: uh, what about Canada, Spain, France, the UK, etc.? Or are you so deep under your bridge you know nothing of the rest of the world?

Posted by: Sean in Dallas | Oct 26, 2012 2:31:48 PM

2. YouTube just released it. Thanks to everyone who complained.

Posted by: TMaxx | Oct 26, 2012 2:33:44 PM

3. For those of you who would like to see gay story arcs on YouTube go to: anthonydlangford (YouTube account). This account posts gay stories from all over the world. I watch them all. The ones not in English are subtitled.

Posted by: JellyBean | Oct 26, 2012 2:37:45 PM

4. US, includes all of those places. I am certain that God loves all of his children. I am also certain that he cannot love all that we do.

Posted by: Gary | Oct 26, 2012 2:40:28 PM

5. So, Gary - it's your suggestion that God cares more about Deb & Sue marrying than about centuries of slavery? Segregation? How about the Holocaust?

None of that was smiteworthy, eh? ;-)

listen, sugar, you're one more anonymous troll who's likely masturbating furiously with two fat fingers as you read all of these stories.

Feel free to drink a bottle of anti-freeze.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Oct 26, 2012 3:00:16 PM

6. Best way to respond to this is to use the "send feedback" function. Comments here won't be read by Google. I urge everyone to complain via the feedback function. That will get their attention.

I told them: Why is this video age restricted. As I'm sure Google is aware there is a plethora of videos which show various heterosexual acts which are much more explicit than this video which are posted to youtube which aren't age restricted. To imply that homosexual kissing requires an "age restriction" is utterly homophobic and sends an inappropriate message. Please remove the age restriction from this video.

Posted by: MikeH | Oct 26, 2012 3:00:35 PM

7. But a video that insults Muslims is somehow acceptable.

Posted by: Brian | Oct 26, 2012 3:39:40 PM

8. I'm mystified by the amount of time and energy that is spent by a group of people discussing how much they dislike "gay".
    Generally when we dislike something we choose to
    Discuss it as little as possible..but the amount of time they spent almost makes it suspect that it might be something that is not so unenjoyable.
    " they doth protest too much"

Posted by: Darren | Oct 26, 2012 5:58:18 PM

9. YouTube is often as irrational as can be....and as pointless as Ann Coulter's smelly vagina.

Posted by: Sparky | Oct 26, 2012 6:15:41 PM

10. Take it from someone who knows: the quickest way to make people pro-gay is to show scenes like this on TV. Once people lose the "ick" factor regarding gay love/sex, they will see very few reasons why two same-gendered people who love each other shouldn't be together - or married. It doesn't take years to go from "that is SO offensive" to "damn it, those two guys actually have CHEMISTRY!"

Posted by: Mary | Oct 26, 2012 6:48:53 PM

11. Wow, good. That was long. In the times of As The World Turns, "NUKE" (Noah and Luke) kisses never lasted that long, just a couple of seconds. We are advancing.

Posted by: ComeOnYo | Oct 26, 2012 7:13:54 PM

12. Will people never grow up and just accept love? If I believed in a god, I would hope that he/she/it would be angered by the bigots who find this offensive.

Posted by: Brian | Oct 26, 2012 11:23:46 PM

13. Are Chan Massey and Freddie Smith STILL claiming to be straight??!!

Posted by: David | Oct 27, 2012 7:14:15 AM

14. Yes, people, this is what two people who really like (or even love) each other tend to do--in this case, gently, lovingly, tenderly. And this is a problem...why?

Posted by: Dback | Oct 27, 2012 10:22:09 AM

15. Its not a boy and a girl kissing. Its two very attractive boys. That still troubles a whole lot of people. I am old enough to remember in the 1950's and 60's T V shows would not show any intimacy between black men and women. That troubled a whole lot of white people. As late as the 1980's T V would not show any intimacies between men and women of different races. That troubled a whole lot of people. None of it is or was right but it shows how slowly but surely social change takes place.

Posted by: andrew | Oct 27, 2012 11:14:40 AM

16. awwww...we should respect them.

Posted by: Shop Beats By Dre Sale | Oct 27, 2012 11:28:44 AM

17. I think the job of progressives is to push the envelope. Not so fast that you gain no followers but fast enough that you speed up change. Obviously there will be disagreements about what is too fast and what is not fast enough. Thats life.

Posted by: andrew | Oct 27, 2012 11:40:10 AM

18. That's nothing!

Posted by: Jeffrey | Oct 27, 2012 2:20:49 PM

19. That's change!

Posted by: andrew | Oct 27, 2012 3:10:58 PM

20. Hot and sexy, yet romantic, too!

Posted by: Arthur in the Garden | Oct 27, 2012 8:57:19 PM

21. If shows like this one represent progress, then I say, let's go back to Mayberry. And before you post any goofy comments, Andy Griffith & Aunt Bee didn't hate anyone. They simply loved God & traditional family values.

Posted by: Gary | Oct 28, 2012 7:21:47 AM

22. So hot, sexy, and romantic!

Posted by: Arthur in the Garden | Oct 28, 2012 11:45:05 PM

23. I found this totally unappropriate and disgusting!! I have been watching Days for over 30 years and this will be the last time I will watch it!! I see no reason to bring this on daytime tv.

Posted by: Donna | Oct 29, 2012 1:30:43 PM

24. Also I find it offensive.

Posted by: Donna | Oct 29, 2012 1:32:41 PM

25. my grandmother(98)my mother(80) myself(61) have watched DAYS from day 1. the soaps were originally for mature women who stayed at home all day this was entertainment .sexually gay men should remain on sites for gay men. this will hurt ratings for DAYS but maybe its time for it to go like all the other soaps. too bad, I used to enjoy DAYS OF OUR LIVES

Posted by: joshiphine | Oct 29, 2012 3:23:43 PM