Allen West Demands Recount as Ballot Tally Shows He Lost

With 100 percent of the vote in, Florida Congressman and teabagger Allen West has lost to Democratic challenger Patrick Murphy by approximately 2,500 votes.

Allen_westSaid Murphy last night:

“I am humbled by the outpouring of support from the voters of the Treasure Coast and Palm Beaches. I pledge to be a representative who will work across the aisle, listen to all points of views, and work to end the divisiveness in Congress. Our country faces many challenges, and by working together we will continue to move our country forward.”

West is refusing to concede.

Writes his campaign manager Tim Edson:

"This race is far from decided and there is no rush to declare an outcome.  Ensuring a fair and accurate counting of all ballots is of the utmost importance.  This race is far from decided and there is no rush to declare an outcome.  Ensuring a fair and accurate counting of all ballots is of the utmost importance.  There are still tens of thousands of absentee ballots to be counted in Palm Beach County and potential provisional ballots across the district.

Late last night Congressman West maintained a district-wide lead of nearly 2000 votes until the St. Lucie County Supervisor of Elections "recounted" thousands of early ballots.  Following that "recount" Congressman West trailed by 2,400 votes.   In addition, there were numerous other disturbing irregularities reported at polls across St. Lucie County including the doors to polling places being locked when the polls closed, in direct violation of Florida law, thereby preventing the public from witnessing the procedures used to tabulate results.  The St. Lucie County Supervisor of Elections office clearly ignored proper rules and procedures, and the scene at the Supervisor's office last night could only be described as complete chaos.   Given the hostility and demonstrated incompetence of the St. Lucie County Supervisor of Elections, we believe it is critical that a full hand recount of the ballots take place in St. Lucie County.   We will continue to fight to ensure every vote is counted properly and fairly,  and accordingly will pursue all legal means necessary."

Comments

1. Caliban says

A Republican demanding a recount in Florida? I may have to rethink this whole “god” thing. Maybe there is one and he/she has a great sense of humor.

2. Icebloo says

Be gone with you before someone drops a house on you !

A WONDERFUL night but I just wish now we could somehow get rid of the evil, sick and twisted John Boehner. I despise him. He has done everything he can to further his own political agenda at the expense of the American people.

3. TANK says

Have any of you bitter, middle-aged queens around here seen that mugshot of Patrick Murphy that the vile West campaign had all over the place? Wow, that guy was so hot when he was in college! He’s still a really nice-looking guy… it’s a great day for America when one of our congressmen-elect can make Tank say, “I’d bang that till the cows came home!”

4. TANK says

I really hate bitter, middle-aged Queens. Especially when they promise to give me meth after I rim them, and then they don’t give me meth and I’ve rimmed them. Hey, Tank’s just keeping it real, folks. If you don’t like the straight-dope that I shoot then you should walk away. Like my family walked away from me when they found out I rim middle-aged queens for meth. Tank’s just gotta be real.

5. Francis says

LOL at Tank’s troll. And as for the real Tank, no-one has ever wanted to envision you having sex with anyone. Just saying.

Now, back on topic, this is an awesome result! You’re days in Congress are over, Allen. Obviously, as you lack any sort of moral fortitude or class, you will not simply bow out gracefully, making your defeat all the more sweet!

6. TANK says

Folks, that prior post was not written by the real Tank, but by some loathsome impostor! Tank doesn’t use such vulgar and coarse language. Methinks there is some Republican troll hereabouts who is just upset that his hate-filled candidates all lost! God bless America and my sexy Congressman-Elect Patrick Murphy!

7. andrew says

@Tank: I don’t think your impostor is some Republican troll. It is almost certainly one of the left wing extremists who post on this site and often engage in these dirty tricks.

8. Bernie says

this is a most hateful, ignorant and homophobic man in the world! he once compared being gay as choosing a flavor of ice cream..remember guys, this is his metaphor, not mine, so please don’t jump on me; he got exactly what he deserved yeah!