Comments

1. UFFDA says

D’Antuono’s painting seems stupidly pointless and Glenn Beck should be slapped in the face.

While I respect the RIGHT to self expression I often despise its forms as made manifest by legions of fools and vulgarians.

Yet worst of all are the Westboro Baptists.

2. says

this will make Beck’s fanbase happy.

but then again, so would segregation and the rounding up gay people people to be herded into gass-chambers.

i wonder what it feels like to be the crown prince of the scum of america? sure, you sit on a thrown. but it’s made of feces. can’t be that satisfying.

3. says

At least the painting is technically sound. If anything it’s sarcastically comparing Obama with Jesus, talking about slick political manipulation, scapegoating, and how we talk about and treat that public image.

Beck and Donohue aren’t producing anything of skill, intelligence, or show any understanding of what they’re doing. They make Thomas Kinkade and Jon McNaughton hamhanded fluff look eloquent. They’re only making a mockery of themselves in an attempt at insult which barely qualifies a statement, but I’ll try:

Toy effigies of a president in fake urine and excrement. Wow. Deep.

4. What A Feelin' says

Performance art would be a flash mob of a few hundred wiping their ripe a$$es with pages ripped from the ‘bible’ in St. Patrick’s “Cathedral” on Easter-fukkin’-Sunday.

5. Rrhain says

Just to be pedantic, the National Endowment for the Arts did not fund Serrano’s _Piss Christ._

Instead, they funded the Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art’s competition for which _Piss Christ_ won the “Awards in the Visual Arts” prize.

So while it is technically true that NEA money went to Serrano for _Piss Christ,_ it isn’t like the NEA commissioned it. They funded an art show that awarded prizes and _Piss Christ_ was one of the winners.

The photo is quite beautiful and is a commentary about how Christians have taken the message of Jesus and pissed all over it.

6. Tanoka says

OH MY GOD!

I watched the video without sound and I have only one question: Does this guy always look this arrogant and full of himself?

Look at his face and body language. “Oooh, I’m so clever and funny!” Needs a punch in the teeth, he does.

7. Jim says

This is exhibit A of why conservatives cannot do either comedy or any kind of satiric social commentary. All of their “humor” and “satire” is based in hostility, anger and resentment (see Ann Coulter, Limbaugh, etc). All they can really do is fan the flames of hatred and make nasty comments and actions towards their political opponents. That they’re really good at.

Beck can do whatever he wants as far as I’m concerned, because all he is is a desperate, narcissistic media whore who will do anything to get attention.

8. piss poor substitute for art says

Art school critic to Glenn Beck:

“I’m sorry Mr. Beck but your artwork is derivative and poorly executed. You should have known the bobble head would float. A sunken head would have had more dramatic impact. I’m afraid it’s just a waste of piss until you correct the deficiencies.”

9. ian says

no one should be outraged or offended by this, except perhaps conservatives. it is a true indication of what the right has become and how completely devoid of ideas, intellect, and rationality they are. i’m almost sad for them, almost.

10. David Lentz says

Who is say that Glenn Beck is not an artist? NotI. Art is the eye of the beholder. I, for one, percieve no artist merit in Serrano’s, or Beck’s, works.

However, Beck is a political commentator, and as such is giving all the liberals a golden opportunity to demonstrate their much proclaimed, but seldom exhibited, virtue of tolerance.

If you don’t particularly care for Beck’s art,such as it is, don’t bid on it. Next issue please.

11. JP says

It’s nice that he asks for a stick to push the bobble-Bama down into the pee. I think I was about 3 1/2 when I first noticed that some things are bouyant and you can’t push them down without them popping back up again. Kinda like Beck, now that I think about it.