2012 Election | Mitt Romney | News | Republican Party | Seattle

Closeted Power-Bottoms for Romney

Pb_romney

Eli Sanders at Slog spied this poster on Seattle's Capitol Hill.

Comments

1. "Little Kiwi is Markus?"

No. But I'm not sure Markus should have a whole discussion centered around him just because he's the inspiration for a campaign sign.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Nov 6, 2012 2:49:25 PM

2. i don't disagree with that, necessarily, "John"

i think insecure femme-phobia is indeed a crippling fear for way too many gay men.

but this poster is spot-on. as it utterly encapsulates the apologist way of life for gay republicans.

yes. there are indeed gay men going to the polls today, who will vote for Obama, who still don't want people to think that they're 'femmes'

but i support this poster the same way i agreed with Dan Savage calling GOProud the "house-f@ggots" - it's throwing their own insecurities back at them.

but hey, at least we're not the ones calling them the "American Taliban", eh? ;-)

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Nov 6, 2012 2:50:38 PM

3. This is a very tacky, immature poster. You have to wonder about the mentality of the people who put it up. It simply encourages the notion that our community should be based on a sex act. To whoever put it up, can I just say this: get a life.

Posted by: jason | Nov 6, 2012 2:53:14 PM

4. I happen to be a very out and very active power bottom who voted for Mitt Romney today.

Posted by: Queer Republican | Nov 6, 2012 2:54:33 PM

5. and also a proud racist, no doubt, "Q.R." ;-)

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Nov 6, 2012 2:56:03 PM

6. Reasonable people can disagree.

I grew up in Texas. I know a thing or two about the American Taliban. Trust.

Posted by: John | Nov 6, 2012 2:59:37 PM

7. it's very simple, folks, "masochistic closeted powerbottoms for romney"

put it all together. they like pain. they're afraid of what others think about their sex life. they're voting against themselves.

this shouldn't require explanation.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Nov 6, 2012 3:00:20 PM

8. There is no glory in being a power bottom. Engaging in a fetishistic sex act with a part of your anatomy designed solely for excretion is not powerful nor is it empowering. It proves, simply, that you're into sh!t.

Posted by: jason | Nov 6, 2012 3:03:02 PM

9. Sorry LittleKiwi not a racist here. My preferred tops are usually men of color. Why is it that liberals always need to project hate onto any one who doesn't agree with them???

Posted by: Queer Republican | Nov 6, 2012 3:06:18 PM

10. Jason, thank you for coming on here with that comment to prove to everyone that not only do you have an unhealthy colon and digestive system, but you aren't capable of decent adult hygiene.

congrats.

that's about as awesome as when Rick told everyone that he can't make a man cum from giving oral.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Nov 6, 2012 3:06:26 PM

11. Outstanding!

Posted by: Jack M | Nov 6, 2012 3:09:11 PM

12. so sorry for my incorrect assumption, Queer Republican.

i look forward to you putting up a youtube video of yourself explaining why you, as a proud queer, are voting for Mitt Romney.

it will most definitely be enlightening. record it. put it on youtube. provide the URL here so we can all learn something.

deal?

i can't see why you wouldn't, after all. i mean, you're totally Out and proud, right?

so let's see it :)

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Nov 6, 2012 3:09:30 PM

13. I'm a card carrying power bottom way into S&M but I always vote Green Party these days or write my own name in.

Posted by: KevInPDX | Nov 6, 2012 3:14:56 PM

14. Sorry Kiwi but not you won't see me on youtube anytime soon. As to why I voted for Romney...simple.....I am not a one issue voter. Yes I am an out and proud gay man who believes that everyone deserves the same equal right regardless of sexual orientation. I also believe in the right of every American to own guns if he or she so chooses. I believe in a strong national defense. As a veteran I support our troops and was in favor of both the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. I believe that a large part of the solution to our economy is cutting the bloated and wasteful government spending. I could go on if u like.

Posted by: Queer Republican | Nov 6, 2012 3:17:23 PM

15. why "go on" if you refuse to stand up to be counted?

I'm calling your bluff, wimp.

:D so let's see (SEE) you actually prove me wrong.

so far, none of you cowardly boys ever has. and i know why ;-)

let's see your Out and Proud message. youtube. URL. after all, you're not a coward, right? ;-)

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Nov 6, 2012 3:25:09 PM

16. LOL at Jason! I know everyone here is shocked that Jason is against anal intercourse.

Posted by: endo | Nov 6, 2012 3:25:57 PM

17. Further proof that Jason/Rick is not actually gay, but likes to come on here and insult gay people (and women, minorities, etc) in his diatribes. So now he is against bottoms too? Good grief.

Posted by: BETTY | Nov 6, 2012 3:48:43 PM

18. Jason, do you realize that straight women can be power bottoms too? And not in the va jay jay either!!!! It's not fetish, it's getting off, you should try it!!

Posted by: ty | Nov 6, 2012 3:54:04 PM

19. Most tops that I have known are also bottoms. Tops who disparage bottoms or bottoming are nearly always uptight closet bottoms who want it so bad it hurts. And its your job to givi it to them...til it hurts.

Posted by: tweedle | Nov 6, 2012 4:04:38 PM

20. Betty, you're so right. Jason/Rick is not gay. They're just a troll. I wish you all would just ignore him.

Posted by: MateoM | Nov 6, 2012 4:07:26 PM

21. But TY don't you know when a man and woman do it that way it is wholesome and good? When two men do it, it makes the baby Jesus cry and threatens heterosexuality!

Posted by: BETTY | Nov 6, 2012 4:19:32 PM

22. Homosexuality is not defined as anal sex. Anyone who suggests so is either misguided or trying to reduce the complexity of the male homosexual relationship to a act of insertion.

Posted by: jason | Nov 6, 2012 4:32:35 PM

23. You know how you piss off Jason two times? Screw him in the ass and then wipe it on his Klan robes.

Posted by: endo | Nov 6, 2012 4:35:48 PM

24. Betty I'm lovin' you today... even more than usual, which is a lot. Election day must agree with you.

Posted by: RyanInWyo | Nov 6, 2012 4:35:51 PM

25. RYANINWYO: Thanks, I'm blushing.

JASON: I'm hurling.