'Daily Show' On The Election's Best Moment, Karl Rove's Ohio Breakdown: VIDEO

Stewartrove

C'mon, you didn't really think that Jon Stewart and his team at The Daily Show could resist pointing out that Karl Rove, losing his mind over Ohio's votes, had to be put in his place by none other than his Fox News colleague Megyn Kelly, right?

Watch it AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I could watch that over & over!

Posted by: Sean in Dallas | Nov 8, 2012 10:20:12 AM

2. Video doesn't work for me!

Posted by: Shelby | Nov 8, 2012 10:25:27 AM

3. The clip of that asshat getting served by his own wingnutty ilk is a priceless gift from baby Jesus. I could watch it over and over.

Posted by: Chris K | Nov 8, 2012 10:40:55 AM

4. Darn: The clip was not available.

Posted by: Joe in CT | Nov 8, 2012 10:43:29 AM

5. WHY do these daily show clips NEVER work for me?!! I have to hunt all over the damn interwebs to find them.

Posted by: AJ | Nov 8, 2012 11:00:16 AM

6. When I say Karl's antics live, all I could think is "The Daily Show will enjoy this"

Posted by: Billy | Nov 8, 2012 11:11:10 AM

7. This link worked for me

Posted by: Opinionated | Nov 8, 2012 11:56:04 AM

8. P.S. Karl Rove looks like an aged Mr. Potato Head.

Posted by: Opinionated | Nov 8, 2012 11:57:02 AM

9. I think part of Rove's reaction is the realization that he will be losing, not only the Presidency, but also two Senate seats. He is going to have to explain that to a room of angry billionaires. (Trust me. Billionaires don't like to lose and are used to getting their way.) They gave him hundreds of millions of dollars and got....nothing. They will not give him their money again. And without their money, he has no clout. So, you are watching a guy lose his reputation as a kingmaker and his clout as a party leader.

Of course, it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. : )

Posted by: gr8guyca | Nov 8, 2012 12:08:13 PM

10. Here's an even better clip from last night's show (in my opinion).

There is some "circular firing squad" intra-party blaming going on, but don't be fooled. As Jon Stewart put it, "The party of 'personal responsibility' does what it does best and explains why it isn't their fault."

According to Fox, Mitt Romney lost the people who voted for Obama aren't "real Americans," minorities won't stay in their place, and "those people" just voted for Obama because they "want thing" and believe he'll GIVE it to them. Because Republicans are the ONLY people who work and, you know, EARN things.

Stewart's closing statement: “What an incredible story to tell yourselves,” Stewart said. “We would’ve won if it weren’t for the moral failings of the non-real America. Fox lost because last night, minorities, who feel entitled to things, came and took the country away form the self-sufficient, white, Medicare retirees and upper class tax avoidance experts — or, as they’re also known, your audience.”

Posted by: Caliban | Nov 8, 2012 12:15:14 PM

11. OMG Caliban...that one is brilliant.
    The asphyxiation joke he made was utterly classic...like some of the best punch lines I've ever heard on "My Word!"

Posted by: EchtKultig | Nov 8, 2012 1:13:58 PM

12. http://whitepeoplemourningromney.tumblr.com

Posted by: kevin | Nov 8, 2012 1:24:48 PM

13. Honestly, it wasn't that I believed that Romney would win.

But, it is obvious from Karl Rove's reaction (and other conservatives) that something went wrong for them: too many Democrats, liberals, progressives, etc. got out the vote and, in spite of Republican efforts to deny millions of American their Constitutional right to vote, in spite of Republican efforts to jimmy the polls, and in spite of Republican efforts to rig elections in key districts, Romney lost.

I actually thought Republican chicanery and thievery would take the election away from Mr. Obama. That was my fear because I saw it happen in 2000 and 2004. I was thankfully wrong.

Posted by: jamal49 | Nov 8, 2012 1:31:16 PM

14. I'm still dissappointed at how badly Jon Stewart handled the ChickFilA issue (he followed the Fox News direction on it supposedly being a 'free speech' issue)...

...but this video clip was one of the finest moments of television of my entire life...

Posted by: TonyJazz | Nov 8, 2012 4:17:09 PM

15. Fox Minions lost because democracy works.

Posted by: jaragon | Nov 8, 2012 6:11:36 PM

16. That wasn't as funny as I thought it would be.

Posted by: Garst | Nov 9, 2012 1:56:17 AM

17. I will never doubt the sanity, common sense and reasonableness of the majority of Americans. It was on display Tuesday night. For the first time in a long, long time, I feel that America is safe from the radical extremists of the GOP.

Posted by: idateasian | Nov 16, 2012 12:59:53 AM

18. That is very good comment you shared.Thank you so much that for you shared those things with us.Im wishing you to carry on with ur achivments.All the best.chat

Posted by: Mirc indir | Dec 19, 2012 6:59:22 PM

19. I am going to in no way question the sanity, sound judgment as well as reasonableness involving nearly all Us citizens. It was upon show Mondy night time. With regard to once in a very prolonged, while, Personally i think of which The usa will be secure on the major extremists with the GOP.

Posted by: hyper marketing | Feb 14, 2014 6:58:47 AM