Comments

1. gr8guyca says

I think part of Rove’s reaction is the realization that he will be losing, not only the Presidency, but also two Senate seats. He is going to have to explain that to a room of angry billionaires. (Trust me. Billionaires don’t like to lose and are used to getting their way.) They gave him hundreds of millions of dollars and got….nothing. They will not give him their money again. And without their money, he has no clout. So, you are watching a guy lose his reputation as a kingmaker and his clout as a party leader.

Of course, it couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy. : )

2. Caliban says

Here’s an even better clip from last night’s show (in my opinion).

There is some “circular firing squad” intra-party blaming going on, but don’t be fooled. As Jon Stewart put it, “The party of ‘personal responsibility’ does what it does best and explains why it isn’t their fault.”

According to Fox, Mitt Romney lost the people who voted for Obama aren’t “real Americans,” minorities won’t stay in their place, and “those people” just voted for Obama because they “want thing” and believe he’ll GIVE it to them. Because Republicans are the ONLY people who work and, you know, EARN things.

Stewart’s closing statement: “What an incredible story to tell yourselves,” Stewart said. “We would’ve won if it weren’t for the moral failings of the non-real America. Fox lost because last night, minorities, who feel entitled to things, came and took the country away form the self-sufficient, white, Medicare retirees and upper class tax avoidance experts — or, as they’re also known, your audience.”

3. EchtKultig says

OMG Caliban…that one is brilliant.
    The asphyxiation joke he made was utterly classic…like some of the best punch lines I’ve ever heard on “My Word!”

4. jamal49 says

Honestly, it wasn’t that I believed that Romney would win.

But, it is obvious from Karl Rove’s reaction (and other conservatives) that something went wrong for them: too many Democrats, liberals, progressives, etc. got out the vote and, in spite of Republican efforts to deny millions of American their Constitutional right to vote, in spite of Republican efforts to jimmy the polls, and in spite of Republican efforts to rig elections in key districts, Romney lost.

I actually thought Republican chicanery and thievery would take the election away from Mr. Obama. That was my fear because I saw it happen in 2000 and 2004. I was thankfully wrong.

I will never doubt the sanity, common sense and reasonableness of the majority of Americans. It was on display Tuesday night. For the first time in a long, long time, I feel that America is safe from the radical extremists of the GOP.

5. TonyJazz says

I’m still dissappointed at how badly Jon Stewart handled the ChickFilA issue (he followed the Fox News direction on it supposedly being a ‘free speech’ issue)…

…but this video clip was one of the finest moments of television of my entire life…

6. says

7. says

I am going to in no way question the sanity, sound judgment as well as reasonableness involving nearly all Us citizens. It was upon show Mondy night time. With regard to once in a very prolonged, while, Personally i think of which The usa will be secure on the major extremists with the GOP.