Dan Savage | Family Research Council | News | Tony Perkins

Dan Savage to Tony Perkins: ''I'll See You in Court' - VIDEO

Savage

Dan Savage takes apart hate group leader Tony Perkins in this new clip from Take Part TV's 'American Savage', noting that Perkins has threatened Savage with court action:

"I welcome a lawsuit. A witness stand is a lonely place to lie. And that's what you do for a living...I look forward to that day in court. I look forward to seeing you on a witness stand, something you have dodged and ducked for decades."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via jmg)

Comments

1. Paul,

Gone are the days where gays had to be silent and turn the other cheek as we are blatantly discriminated against abused, and sometimes even killed.

That time has passed, and any person that thinks that acting like some disneyfied eunuch will earn them equal rights and respect/consideration is just a self-rationalizing masochist.

The world needs anger. Evil persists because some people just aren't angry enough.

Violence is not the answer, obviously, but silence is just consent to how they treat us.

Posted by: Alexx | Nov 9, 2012 7:04:03 PM

2. Uffda, that post was beautiful. I think if you were face the LGBT community presented to the straight world, progress would occur even more quickly than it's occurring now.

BTW, are you still gloating (and floating) on that cloud from Tuesday's election results?

Posted by: Mary | Nov 9, 2012 8:51:40 PM

3. I can just imagine those two in court (and I hope Dan thinks this is funny even if Tony doesn't):

Posted by: Bill | Nov 10, 2012 1:42:58 AM

4. Brian Brown set the standard by his debate with Savage. OK, Perkins, set up to the plate.

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Nov 10, 2012 3:45:18 AM

5. Dan, will you marry me?

Posted by: Kyle | Nov 10, 2012 9:35:44 AM

6. Represent, Dan! I'll stand right next to you. Def a hero of mine.

Posted by: chaszle | Nov 10, 2012 10:09:41 AM

7. Paul, Dan Savage could whip your ass with one hand tied behind his back. Sit down and shut up.

Posted by: jamal49 | Nov 10, 2012 12:39:26 PM

8. I too may not always agree with Dan, but he has the guts and spine to take on these wingnuts who will spout anything to get attention. Let's see what happens when they have to speak under oath and under the microscope of a courtroom. I look forward to this.

Posted by: Bernie | Nov 10, 2012 5:38:02 PM

9. Dan Savage is not a bully. I KNOW bullies. I'm glad someone with a bigger pulpit than I is calling out the assholes who think that those in our community are less than and immoral. This is how change happens. People stand up. Demand accountability. Demand honesty. Bigots beware. We are coming after your curtain. (oops-irony)

Posted by: noteasilyoffended | Nov 10, 2012 7:39:14 PM

10. MARY - gloating is like a cucumber sandwitch, not much nutrition really. Besides we've got too many scary things to now face: $ particularly. Thanks for your input/support.

Posted by: UFFDA | Nov 10, 2012 9:36:46 PM