Kevin Clash | News

Elmo Voice Actor Kevin Clash's Accuser Now Wants to Undo Settlement, Says He Didn't Lie

Undo_clash

Sheldon Stephens, the man who accused Kevin Clash, the voice of Sesame Street's Elmo of inappropriate sexual contact when he was 16 and last week made a settlement deal in the case, now says he wasn't lying and wants to undo the settlement, TMZ reports:

We've learned Stephens has met with lawyers in Los Angeles and told them he was pressured into recanting his allegation and insists he's telling the truth when he says he had sex with Clash when he was 16.

Stephens -- who is now 23 -- is telling lawyers he will gladly forfeit the $125,000  to restore his name.  Stephens is saying he was literally crying during the final negotiations and repeatedly said he didn't want to sign.

Clash's lawyer told us Friday he would have no comment on the settlement story.

Last week The Smoking Gun identified Stephens as "a struggling 24-year-old model/actor who was once arrested for the knifepoint robbery of $250,000 in jewelry from a music manager for whom he interned."

Comments

1. What a hot mess. Go away kid, no one cares what you have to say. You're making an increasingly grotesque spectacle of yourself.

Posted by: Queenie | Nov 19, 2012 11:14:50 AM

2. Oh, Lord. I wanna' go back home and go to sleep.

Posted by: Derrickf from Philly | Nov 19, 2012 11:19:10 AM

3. HIs music manager had $250,000 worth of jewelry about him?

This is all so strange.

Posted by: Randy | Nov 19, 2012 11:22:00 AM

4. Someone needs some good therapy. I think most people are over this story. As for Kevin Clash and the rest of us, a good way to stay out of trouble is to only date people closer to your own age. (Especially if you are famous / semi famous). A problem is teenagers often present older than they really are. And are in a hurry to have adult privlages. I know I did when I was 16.

Posted by: Tom in long beach | Nov 19, 2012 11:27:09 AM

5. The accuser is a con artist. Read the Smoking Gun report if you haven't.
    I wonder if TMZ paid him more $$$ to change his tune AGAIN.

Posted by: Lucas H | Nov 19, 2012 11:37:10 AM

6. he looks like the other half of Milly vanilly that killed himself

Posted by: Disgusted American | Nov 19, 2012 11:39:25 AM

7. When puppets are going after young people, we must keep them away from our children. I hope Kevin is found guilty -- just to blow another hole in life's false illusions. You can't hide behind a real puppet, if you want to play with your pants puppet.

Posted by: Gary | Nov 19, 2012 11:39:58 AM

8. Mr. Stephens now has zero credibility. He won't be able to get a cent from anybody. Not surprising he is described as "struggling."

Posted by: Jack M | Nov 19, 2012 11:42:21 AM

9. Hustler wants more cash.

Posted by: Polyboy | Nov 19, 2012 11:43:53 AM

10. to be that b***h, i can see why he's a struggling model.

shameful. move along, ya hack.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Nov 19, 2012 11:47:50 AM

11. So he wasn't lying when he lied and said he was lying?

This kid needs to go away. Or get his own reality show - Keeping up with the Stephenses. Or maybe "That Stephens Kid"

Posted by: Frank | Nov 19, 2012 12:23:34 PM

12. What does Elmo have to say about this ?

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Nov 19, 2012 12:40:41 PM

13. @ POLYBOY - yup.

Posted by: DeeVee | Nov 19, 2012 12:47:36 PM

14. Elmo is hiring a hit on this idiot as we speak.

Well, both humans are pretty stupid. Elmo is the voice of reason here.

Posted by: Paul R | Nov 19, 2012 12:49:26 PM

15. You know what? You needn't cover this story anymore.

Posted by: JeffNYC | Nov 19, 2012 12:53:16 PM

16. Who knows what really happened. Dude is sketchy to say the least, but he could also be telling the truth. Maybe not.

Posted by: ratbastard | Nov 19, 2012 1:26:45 PM

17. So Elmo likes rough trade?

Posted by: ratbastard | Nov 19, 2012 1:27:20 PM

18. well, victims of abuse who are grappling with its effects tend to want actual criminal justice sought.

not cash.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Nov 19, 2012 1:34:44 PM

19. Abuse happened to me three times when I was underage, and I would have been plenty happy to settle with cash. But I did nothing.

All three guys were considerably older and quite rich. It was just too much effort to pursue, and it could have been far worse. It also would have had to involve my parents, and discussing sex with you parents is awful.

Posted by: Paul R | Nov 19, 2012 2:15:19 PM

20. then i'll be the @sshole who says your "abuse" wasn't that bad. apparently not bad enough to warrant you pressing charges, to see criminals punished for their crimes, of which there may have been other victims.

you'd have been happy to settle with cash?

wow.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Nov 19, 2012 2:19:34 PM

21. Why not let him undo the settlement? He'll file a civil lawsuit, the defense will tear his lying ass to shreds, and not only will he fail to recover ANY money, but he'll be stuck with the bill for his lawyers (unless they are working contingency, but I don't know why any lawyer would take this on contingency).

It would be pretty fitting. I for one would enjoy seeing him cry on the witness stand during cross.

Posted by: Jack | Nov 19, 2012 2:31:20 PM

22. "So Elmo likes rough trade?"

Please, Ratbastard. He might be rough in the bedroom, but not in his photographs. Elmo looks rougher than he does.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Nov 19, 2012 2:35:32 PM

23. Umm, yes. Rich people settle with cash. It would have been much easier. Pressing abuse charges is really difficult when you're an out teen. I had a life to live and didn't want to spend my life in court. My parents were public officials. So yeah, I guess it was great and I was asking for it.

I'm really surprised, Kiwi, that you're being unpleasant about someone who had unpleasant experiences. I'm happy that you come from a liberal family. Other people have different lives.

Posted by: Paul R | Nov 19, 2012 2:39:26 PM

24. Also, all 3 were so rich that it would have settled out of court because they had incredible teams. I'm not an idiot. And I'm also not a whore. I'm just realistic.

Posted by: Paul R | Nov 19, 2012 2:41:56 PM

25. i don't see how my coming from a liberal family means that i believe that criminals should be prosecuted for their crimes.

or that how you coming from a conservative family means that you'd be happy to take a cash settlement for abuse.

oh wait. no. i actually completely see that.

so that's how it works, eh? some folks will vote against their own equality and put a price on equal rights, and they also can put a pricetag on child abuse?

wow.