Kevin Clash | News

Elmo Voice Actor Kevin Clash's Accuser Now Wants to Undo Settlement, Says He Didn't Lie

Undo_clash

Sheldon Stephens, the man who accused Kevin Clash, the voice of Sesame Street's Elmo of inappropriate sexual contact when he was 16 and last week made a settlement deal in the case, now says he wasn't lying and wants to undo the settlement, TMZ reports:

We've learned Stephens has met with lawyers in Los Angeles and told them he was pressured into recanting his allegation and insists he's telling the truth when he says he had sex with Clash when he was 16.

Stephens -- who is now 23 -- is telling lawyers he will gladly forfeit the $125,000  to restore his name.  Stephens is saying he was literally crying during the final negotiations and repeatedly said he didn't want to sign.

Clash's lawyer told us Friday he would have no comment on the settlement story.

Last week The Smoking Gun identified Stephens as "a struggling 24-year-old model/actor who was once arrested for the knifepoint robbery of $250,000 in jewelry from a music manager for whom he interned."

Comments

1. and i never said you were asking for it. you made it clear, however, that it was "abuse" that you felt could be "made up for" with cash - not justice.

so, what's the pricetag on abusing a child these days?

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Nov 19, 2012 2:46:22 PM

2. That my parents are conservative means nothing about my views (far from it), and they love me and my ex. They might even love him more than me.

I wasn't a child. I skipped several grades. Only one incident happened when I was a child. The others, when I was 15 and 16.

Posted by: Paul R | Nov 19, 2012 2:51:29 PM

3. and what amount of money can "make up for" that abuse?

if you don't want your having conservative parents to lead one to an assumption about how Conservatives Exchange Bigotry and Abuse for Money, you might do well to not suggest that my having liberal parents means I care about criminals being brought to justice.

actually, feel free to do that. it'd make my liberal parents proud.

and skipping several grades doesn't mean that you weren't a child.

you skip grades. not ages.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Nov 19, 2012 2:59:20 PM

4. I guess that cash amount wasn't enough, that was the real problem. But too late. He will end up getting nothing. With his record I think he has lost his case. But I also think that the Elmo voice actor is also screwed, some people never learn, nothing worse than thinking with your lower head.

Posted by: SayTheTruth | Nov 19, 2012 3:02:06 PM

5. The typical financial settlement comes with confidentiality clauses. He's surely violated them.

As I've said before: I am a gay man who had multiple male perpetrators. I didn't want cash. I only wanted the perpetrators to understand the devastation they effected on my life. Like Sandusky apparently will, they went to their graves in denial.

Yes I know I reversed the hyphenated name.

Posted by: Dr Ebing-Krafft | Nov 19, 2012 3:06:28 PM

6. I think that we understand each other's perspectives here, Kiwi. But it's been 25 years. I just don't care anymore, and going through prolonged gay-related court cases at that time would have been awful.

Your views are valid. But I wasn't a child. I don't think that people are children once they hit their teens.

Posted by: Paul R | Nov 19, 2012 3:34:12 PM

7. Another money hungry whore looking to score

Posted by: jaragon | Nov 19, 2012 5:02:17 PM

8. He just wants more press, because if he doesn't be a fame whore he can't do anything else. This POS needs to work for a living instead of extorting and robbing other people.

Posted by: NeverEclipsed81 | Nov 19, 2012 6:03:05 PM

9. Someone desperately wants their 15 seconds of "fame".

Posted by: gayalltheway | Nov 19, 2012 7:00:08 PM

10. And the takeaway here...don't have sex with nearly-underage-crazy, unless you want heaps of expensive headaches later. And if you are wealthy/famous, all the more reason to exercise some discretion. It's not rocket science, guys.

Posted by: Rick | Nov 19, 2012 8:11:56 PM

11. clear his name what the hell, he already drove his name through the mud by being a criminal in the first place. ya think anyone in this day and age you'd check up through the police for records on anyone. this so called model,whatever really wants to screw his 125grand down the hole then by all means go ahead....and the boy should have taken some evidence. oh well boohoo he should just take a jail free card and get going the other way. what a moron he sure looks money hungry for more then what hes got. its like stealing base and he is playing everyone and got us hook. i don't think he will get any more money or anything else other then him pleading his play.

Posted by: albertam | Nov 20, 2012 5:25:24 AM

12. Rick hit the nail on the head. I am 49 and have noticed an increase in the number of come ons by younger guys looking for "generous older men," whether it is in a bar or on grindr,etc. I find the prospect to be completely dehumanizing. I am also not looking to fix some younger kid (by having a romantic relationship with him), who may have issues. I don't know if abuse is involved in the Kevin Clash situation or not. However, it is most likely Stephens will be on the losing end.

Posted by: AngelaChanning | Nov 20, 2012 5:34:12 AM

13. Wonder if his new lawyers had the courtesy to explain why he’ll never eat lunch in that town unless it’s “take out?”

Posted by: Bad Humor Boy | Nov 20, 2012 7:37:39 AM