Gay Marriage | News

A Warning to Straight Men from Gays: Support Marriage Equality or We Will Marry Your Girlfriends — VIDEO

Girlfriends

"If you stay close-minded about this, we will take one for the team and marry the crap out of them."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I am not a big fan of Jason/Rick but I gotta agree a lil bit with him on this one: these guys are playing up the stereotype here... Which does not add that much to the discussion anymore I would say...
    Ah..and I am proudly out ... even though I have zero interest in fashion/theater plays/and some other decorations they mentioned on this clip...
    =)

Posted by: George F | Nov 13, 2012 11:33:42 AM

2. i love grown-adult men who are still scared of "stereotypes"

do you guys realize how wimpy you sound?

what is inherently wrong with any of these things you call "Stereotypes"? Just because straight idiots mock them, and you feel insecure about it, doesn't meant there's anything inherently wrong or harmful about them.

every time a gay man cries about these "stereotypes" all they're really saying is "I'm still afraid of what straight people think of me"

man up for once and stop caring.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Nov 13, 2012 11:42:17 AM

3. @JASON: Honey, here's a quick review of Gay History 101: it was the Drag Queens and the Femmes who fought back at Stonewall. For the record, they kicked some serious, straight police butt. If you recall, you were the trembling little queen way back in the crowd, hiding in the shadows, tsk-tsking that those girls were making such a fuss because you didn't want the cops to think you were like THEM.

Posted by: jamal49 | Nov 13, 2012 12:01:08 PM

4. BTW, if the video doesn't work for you either, watch it here:

Posted by: Elle | Nov 13, 2012 12:37:38 PM

5. BTW, if the video doesn't work for you either, watch it here:

Posted by: Elle | Nov 13, 2012 12:37:40 PM

6. CollegeHumor hasn't gotten funny after all this time.

Posted by: Garst | Nov 13, 2012 1:29:25 PM

7. You are right Mr Kiwi... We should not be bothered with stereotypes... Except that people expect me to do/be in a certain way...which really is just a minor thing anyhow ...No biggie there

=)
    I want to make clear that I am not annoyed by this video ... I just think it adds nothing new...and I could not laugh at it either because I have seen plenty of those jokes already on US TV- From Will & Grace to Ugly Betty ... But I am ok if people enjoy it ... Just not my kind of humor...

Posted by: George F | Nov 13, 2012 2:56:11 PM

8. I thought it was hilarious, but I have to admit I see nothing "diverse" about this group of gay men. The humour comes from the stereotypes about gay men and their relationships with straight women.

Posted by: TJ | Nov 13, 2012 2:56:40 PM

9. I guess I'm just lucky, George F, that the non-gay people in my life are intelligent enough to not treat me the way the non-gay people in your life apparently treat you. oh well!

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Nov 13, 2012 3:00:32 PM

10. @JASON

Sorry Bud, Im usually on ur side but JAMAL49 totally owned you!

Posted by: Felix | Nov 13, 2012 3:06:14 PM

11. I think Little Kiwi needs to settle down and realize that it's OK that some gays do not identify at all with any of the men in this video.

Posted by: Jose | Nov 13, 2012 3:10:15 PM

12. you're free to "not identify" with them. you're also free to have insecurity where you sense of humour should be.

but at the end of the day, if your "not identifying with them" is one more thing keeping your @ss closeted, then you need to ask yourself the Dr. Phil question: "How's that working for you so far?"

;-)

by all means. refuse to identify with people. won't make your life as a gay man any better, nor theirs any worse ;-)

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Nov 13, 2012 3:15:14 PM

13. Wow, quite the crusade you're on. I still fail to see why one can't be completely out, proud, and secure with being a gay man yet not identify with (note: identify with, NOT dislike) any of those men. Because that's exactly where I'm coming from. I think you're being ignorant. Good day, man.

Posted by: Jose | Nov 13, 2012 3:23:31 PM

14. Dudes, this was funny,....and those guys were out there fighting the same fight in a new way..... and the great thing is that the characteristics of our brothers, many of you denigrate with your posts here, are what make our social lives diverse and inverse, entertaining and expansive.

We don't need to be professional, 24 hour- on-duty super models of alpha males to bring credit to our community.
    We do that in so many ways; as JAMAL 49 has pointed out, the drag queens did it for us at Stonewall, ACT UP did it for us in the Eighties.
    And some like fashion; and some like make-up; and some are rougher and macho, yeah, and some are swishy...........
    And all of us have different interpretations of the way we love; we are neither mirror images of Straights, nor are we the diametric opposites.
    That's why these guys and their ideas are funny.......they are part of the stew of wonderful personalities from which our community emerges.
    I like them.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Nov 13, 2012 3:24:03 PM

15. That was cute. But I think parents of marriage-aged young men and women are a better target:

Years ago, I remember seeing a photo of a protester (in favor of gay marriage) carrying a sign that said something like, "Would you really rather have me marry your daughter?"

Posted by: Joe in CT | Nov 13, 2012 3:47:51 PM

16. simple - if you "don't identify with ____" but also "don't dislike ____" then you tend not to come online to complain about ______.

this has been another moment of nuance brought to you by Moi. :D

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Nov 13, 2012 4:02:50 PM

17. This shows gay men are CLUELESS about straight men and the world around them. The marriage rate has been declining for some time. Growing numbers of men are no longer interested in marriage due to the feminist family court system. If U ask "Should men get married" many will answer NO. You are living in the 1970's

Posted by: Zetti | Nov 13, 2012 4:22:43 PM

18. When ever I hear or read that what "sets us back" are queens I really want to go full bore mad queen postal! From early age most if not all queens were fully aware of who and what they are, none of that "am I gay or not?" questioning throughout adolescence or beyond. We knew, the entire world knew and we bore and still bear a whole lotta crap because of it. I can still feel the spit and the fists and the kicks from bigots and haters.We could not and would not hide behind a facade of "passes for straight". We had to grow up fast and be tough or die. In fact that concept of "passing" is horridly offensive not only to me but to every other grand old queen I have known throughout my 60 years on this planet. We have fought and died for equal rights long before and long after Stonewall. We have ALWAYS been at the forefront of every movement, every protest, every march you name it. Not the "straight acting/ straight appearing" crowd, you guys have always hidden in the background. Always. If you want the world to know that gay men are not just the fabulous queens they know and love then get your butts in gear and do something! Be visible, be out and be loud. Stop hiding behind our figurative ( and literal) skirts.

Posted by: Paul C.K. | Nov 13, 2012 4:31:34 PM

19. meh im the kind of gay who would spill a manwich on my cargo shorts

and who makes quiche?

Posted by: gomez | Nov 13, 2012 4:45:57 PM

20. What a flat nuance. Not. Fail. And get lost.

Posted by: UFFDA | Nov 13, 2012 7:04:00 PM

21. Couldn't the makers of this video have gotten a few macho or non stereotypical gay men to add to the mix. There is a wide variety of types of gay mem as there are straight men. Not all of us want to go shopping with your girlfriends. Wait for the PC disclaimer: Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Posted by: andrew | Nov 13, 2012 8:44:32 PM

22. I thought it was hilarious. We all need some humor about what we take seriously - sometimes too seriously.

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Nov 13, 2012 11:05:10 PM

23. You will probably marry straight women anyway. You have in the past, so why not now.

Nothing has changed. History just repeating itself.

You queers today have lost your integrity, credibility etc just to be accepted and be mainstream and normal.

There is nothing wrong with just being gay, it is what we all fought for under STONEWALL.

Posted by: radical53 | Nov 13, 2012 11:09:20 PM

24. BWAAAHAHA the joke's on you, politi-tards! I only said what I said to get a rise out of you all. And obviously it worked.

I love trolling :)

Posted by: Jason | Nov 14, 2012 12:49:07 AM

25. Hahaha love it.

PEOPLE! THE OVERT STEREOTYPES ARE ON PURPOSE!!

This public service announcement wouldn't be as effective if the gay men were masculine. The absurdity of such a "swishy" gay man wifeing up straight men's girlfriends is laughable, but plausible when considering all that his girlfriend and the gay men have in common. Considering this, straight men opposing gay marriage is more ridiculous than the idea of a gay man stealing their girlfriend.

GET IT ;)