Barack Obama | California | News

BigGayDeal.com

California Woman Sick of the 'Ni**er' Obama, Hopes for His Assassination, Isn't Sorry: VIDEO

Denise_helms

The Secret Service is reviewing remarks made by Facebook user and former ice cream store employee Monica Helms that went viral on the web and prompted her firing from her job at Cold Stone Creamery, the Modesto Bee reports:

Helms2Turlock resident Denise Helms, 22, posted shortly after the president's re-election Tuesday on her Facebook page, "And another 4 years of the (n-----). Maybe he will get assassinated this term..!!"

Helms was unrepentant in an interview with the local FOX affiliate:

She told the Fox 40 reporter: "I didn't think it would be that big of a deal. … The assassination part is kind of harsh. I'm not saying like I would go do that or anything like that, by any means, but if it was to happen, I don't think I'd care one bit."

Helms has since deleted the post and posted again about the incident. It reads: "So apparently my post last night about Obama got onto Twitter and Fox 40 came and interviewed me cause apparently a lot of people in Sacramento think I'm crazy and racist. WOW is all I got to say!! I'm not racist and I'm not crazy. just simply stating my opinion.!!!"

Watch (apologies for the autoplay) the FOX40 interview, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via americablog, gawker)

Comments

1. Turlock, CA where this melanin dysfunctional woman lives is a ground zero enclave of white supremacists. She's "one with her community" as well as blatantly intellectually constipated.

Posted by: Sooz | Nov 9, 2012 5:50:46 PM

2. how the hell did the secret service not arrest this crazy woman. what they keeping taps on the haters out there that give threatening opinions on a list. what planet is she from, did she escape area 51 an is now on the loose with her backward opinions to spread around. what an idiot she is..so glad she got fired, what a racist dog she is. ooh im so mad at these kinds of people, just you wait until next year, I predict all the crazies will come out of the wood works with spewing violent behaviors with boneheaded opinions. Id give a blonde joke but too upset to give one.

Posted by: albertam | Nov 9, 2012 7:02:28 PM

3. what cocky attitude she got, watch some news videos of her so much anyone can say about this thing..such a jerk or B*&ch she is. man what kind of a lowlife. She is so uneducated and not the kind of a person you'd hang out with. she gets frustrated and like then makes a threaten free speech on the net like she still doesn't know what she did wrong...I mean she said it with smile too. total psychopath in the making or the type to join a lone wolf pack of weirdos. I really really hope Facebook blocks her for life.

Posted by: albertam | Nov 9, 2012 7:14:33 PM

4. She doesn't care if a man is murdered? A father, a brother? Wow. Nice that she doesn't care if children are made fatherless because of violence. Let's all hope that she doesn't come upon someone being attacked - she'll just say she doesn't really care and walk away. Wonder if she would feel the same way if it was a white stranger...

Posted by: RobertMckay | Nov 9, 2012 7:31:09 PM

5. She calls the man I voted for a n*gger and no doubt calls any man who disagrees with her a f*g. Can I call her an ignorant c*nt? After all, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Anyone who whines about the lack of civility in public discourse needs to understand that civility in public discourse is a two-way street. Sample exchange with no double standards:

"Don't call me a lousy f*g, you ignorant c*nt."

Posted by: Artie_in_Lauderdale | Nov 9, 2012 7:32:17 PM

6. Why do so many of these people have at least two chins?

Posted by: Marc C | Nov 9, 2012 7:33:56 PM

7. Civility in public discourse with no double standards. Get it?

Posted by: Artie_in_Lauderdale | Nov 9, 2012 7:34:23 PM

8. Why should she apologize? Like any typical Republican, just deny that you said, that you didn't really mean what you said, that it was taken out of context..... You fill in the excuse for their lack of humanity.

Posted by: cando64 | Nov 9, 2012 7:53:47 PM

9. She's definately not the brightest crayon in the box. She's straight up racist trash and i am glad she lost her career in ice cream because of it!

Posted by: Chicklets | Nov 9, 2012 7:57:58 PM

10. Sad that there are still people who express political frustration this way. My guess is that this woman is not really dangerous and probably not racist in the sense of being some kind of Klan memnber, but is just a right-winger who let emotions (and residual prejudice) get the better of her when her side lost an election. If America were still the kind of nation that bred a lot of folks like this Obama never would have been elected in the first place. People like this are more pitiable than dangerous.

Posted by: Mary | Nov 9, 2012 8:07:20 PM

11. The sad thing is that I'm seeing MANY of these type of comments after this election. Not just about the president, but about gay marriage, and other people elected in. Call me naive, but I thought we were a little further along than this...

Posted by: Ritchie | Nov 9, 2012 8:53:03 PM

12. @cando64: also add that they would then accuse you of doing what they just did.

Posted by: BETTY | Nov 9, 2012 9:16:20 PM

13. It's no better to call her a whore or c-nt. Sure, she's a first-class jerk, but using misogynist terms is wrong.

Posted by: Rhea | Nov 9, 2012 9:47:43 PM

14. The new pin-up girl for the Tea Party?

What a lovely creature she is!

Posted by: Abel | Nov 9, 2012 10:00:55 PM

15. Tur(d)lock is in the Central Valley. So we have low expectations for them.

Posted by: The Polar Beast | Nov 9, 2012 10:15:38 PM

16. ...and UGLY too!

Posted by: Leroy Laflamme | Nov 9, 2012 10:37:23 PM

17. ...and UGLY too!

Posted by: Leroy Laflamme | Nov 9, 2012 10:37:24 PM

18. "she is not racist".. No no not at all. Can't possibly roll my eyes any more.

Posted by: NeverEclipsed81 | Nov 9, 2012 10:43:43 PM

19. She is an idiot for sure but isn't she just saying the same thing Republican politicians have been saying about Obama the past four years?

Posted by: acevdo | Nov 9, 2012 11:08:32 PM

20. What's so ironic about this horrible person's tirade is that since she is now unemployed she may end up receiving entitlement checks that the GOP hates so very much. She'll now be one of the "47 percent".

Posted by: Dan | Nov 9, 2012 11:32:52 PM

21. I hate to point this out, but her firing could be grounds for a lawsuit that she might win - California has very strong laws protecting the rights to free speech that limit the ability of an employer to fire someone for writing something that the employer finds offensive. This can work in our favor - if, for example, you worked for a company run by a fundamentalist Christian, firing you for writing letters to the editor supporting gay rights is not legal under state law. The intention, of course, is to allow citizens to be able to express legitimate political views without fear of being fired, as long as they are not using company resources. Those rules conceivably could protect this woman. I hope her employer checked with a lawyer first to make sure that firing her was OK - I'd hate to see her take home a bundle of cash after a lawsuit.

Posted by: Bill | Nov 9, 2012 11:44:30 PM

22. As Nicki Minaj sang, She a stupid Ho.

Posted by: JCMS | Nov 10, 2012 1:32:05 AM

23. She is a living Obscenity.

Posted by: Ryon | Nov 10, 2012 2:36:03 AM

24. I guess I need to go buy some icecream from Cold Stone Creamery.

Posted by: darkmoonman | Nov 10, 2012 3:33:33 AM

25. "I'm not actually murdering you, I'm ***just stating my opinion*** that I will point this gun at you and pull the trigger"

Good Lord, is "just stating my opinion" supposed to be a Get Out of Jail card for EVERYTHING?!

Posted by: JCF | Nov 10, 2012 5:11:27 AM