Canada | Justin Bieber | News | Stephen Harper

Justin Bieber's Overalls Cause International Twitter Incident

Pm_bieber

Nobody was happy with Justin Bieber's choice of dress to accept the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal from Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper over the weekend.

Twitter in particular was outraged.

Tweeted Bieber: “I met the Prime Minister in overalls lol"

And Harper showed class in response: “In fairness to @justinbieber, I told him I would be wearing my overalls too.”

Bieber explained later: “The pic of me and the Prime Minister was taken in a room in the arena where i was performing at that day. I walked straight from my meet and greet to him, if you 'Hayley' expect me to have a change of clothes let a loan a suit at that specific time that’s crazy, It wasn’t like it was like I was going into his environment we were at a hockey arena. Wow am i ever white trash hayley peterson lol.”

Comments

1. I feel bad for this kid (and fellow Canadian) as it seems most straight men hate teenage boys and have a desire to see them humiliated and "put in their place". Particularly Bieber since he doesn't fit into the macho culture everyone must conform to. Case in point was the thugs at the CFL booing him during his performance yesterday. Their hate for teen idols of course didn't extend to Carly Rae Jepsen - cute girls ok cute guys not so much. They really aren't anything other than high school bullies picking on the fem boys. The only difference is these losers are like 50.

Posted by: fern | Nov 26, 2012 1:12:14 PM

2. It's actually the most fitting attire one should don when meeting this particular Prime Minister.....

and Dan B., this Canuck would like to know why your country is still a few decades behind Canada in terms of LGBT Equality in terms of policy and law.

;-)

one of the neat things about the (at this point) ceremonial nature of our relationship to the royal family is the stamp of "Royal Assent"

Gay Marriage legalized by Canadian government - Queen says "Yeah, I approve"

it's entirely ceremonial. but still kinda lovely, in that regard :D

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Nov 26, 2012 1:21:20 PM

3. .....:"Sartorial assaults"?
    give me a F*CKEN BREAK CANADA!
    CANADA:
    GET A JOB! GET A CAREER!

Posted by: D Michael | Nov 26, 2012 1:28:52 PM

4. Will everyone just STOP "He"-ing HER?

Posted by: StevieLee | Nov 26, 2012 2:24:38 PM

5. @Paul R:
    The Kennedy Center is not connected with the government. It just happens to be in DC and well-attended by presidents.

@LittleKiwi:
    My country, the California Republic, is quite as progressive as Canada and Western Europe when it comes to gay rights. I cannot say the same for the Confederate States of Dumbfuckistan, who are sorely asking for a reminder of who won the last war. If we had let them go when they wanted to leave, that would just have prolonged slavery.
    As for pretty ceremonies, do Mother England a favor and politely tell that bejeweled old bonebag in Buckingham to shove off, so that the Brits figure out they need to do the same before any more of their former colonies overtake them in major indicators of social progress.

Posted by: Dan B | Nov 26, 2012 3:21:19 PM

6. i could care less that he's wearing overalls to meet the pm...it's the fact that he's receiving the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal looking like a rube! show some respect!

Posted by: KDNA | Nov 27, 2012 1:13:32 AM

7. Since he performed the next day at the 100th Grey Cup CFL Championship Game at the Rogers Arena in Toronto you will all be happy to know Justina Bieber got booed by the large crowd of 55,000 as most of the football spectators were 40 plus and probably have kids the same age....It was not the sort of half time show they wanted anyways....Gordon Lightfoot got the biggest round of applause from the audience. We Canadians are sick of him anyways and the fact that he got an award really shows that Harper is just trying to ride the media bandwagon on Bieber anyways......

Posted by: Darrell | Nov 27, 2012 2:00:03 AM

8. Justin Bieber is such a doll, and he seems like he has a head full of sense. Boy oh boy, overalls, huh? When I was in high school there was, for a brief time, a trend where guys would wear cutoff overalls. There was a nicely tanned Italian boy with dark hair and dark eyes who wore them really well who I'll never forget as long as I live.

Posted by: Bill Michael | Nov 27, 2012 3:04:38 AM