2012 Election | Mitt Romney | Ohio | Religion

Ohio Voters Praise The Romney They Think They Know: VIDEO

Whitesideohio

Chase Whiteside braved the swing state hell of Ohio to talk with Mitt Romney supporters about why they're supporting the Republican presidential candidate.

"He's a family man. He's a Christian. He doesn't believe in abortion; he doesn't believe in homosexuality and let me tell you, I believe in God and God is going to make sure Mr. Romney wins," says the woman pictured above.

Watch the rest AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. AZEXPAT, I literally laughed so hard at your comment my stomach hurts. Thank you.

Posted by: Guest | Nov 4, 2012 8:37:27 PM

2. @George: you may know some of the past sad history of the democratic party. You don't know history since 1948 when the national democratic party decided to end its support of the southern segregationists. After that the democratic party under the leadership of Harry Truman, JFK, LBJ, Carter, Clinton and Obama has become the champion of equal rights for racial minorities, women and today gay people. The Republican party has gone in the opposite direction adopting the Southern Strategy to appeal to Whites at the expense of Blacks.

Posted by: andrew | Nov 4, 2012 9:22:03 PM

3. Hey "Andy", ya wimpy wee troll, calling your bluff.

I like how you said "why doesn't he interview black people"...

...why not interview demoracts? You interview a democrat and you tend to get specifics. specifics about Obamas policies, and specifics about Romney's policies.

you interview a republican? you get a whole lot of Stupid. "He's an unChristian socialist muslim who hates America!

sorry. i know this video hurts because it's pretty much about your family, but you need to grow some balls and realize they're full of crap.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Nov 4, 2012 10:09:57 PM

4. Yeah, a lot of these people are ignorant, but there is ignorance on both sides.

A lot of Democrats are hypocrites and support policies that hold America back. When you have lived in a mixed income building where you pay $1500 and the people next door pay $300 and trash the place and don't appreciate it, you start to see a problem. When you see how Muslims treat women AND gays across the globe, you don't exactly get excited about that kind of diversity. When you see a NY Times article about poverty and every subject is a single mother with not one, not two, but THREE kids and people are not questioning if these women know how they got to that point, there is a problem (and condoms are not that expensive, birth control IS out there).

So both sides are effed up.

It is not like Obama was the most experienced and intelligent man on the Earth to do the job.

Its like - whatever, everyone vote and stop fighting about it. Everyone has their pet issues anyway. Christians, Latinos, blacks, gays...that is why nothing gets done. They all ahve their own agendas. It's all about special interests. This world is more complex than it ever was.

Posted by: Andy | Nov 4, 2012 11:00:42 PM

5. Chase, God Bless you... You didn't instigate or give anyone ammunition to say that this was anything else, but a fair interview.... I truly LOVE the Romney supporters... They had NO idea what his plans were.... They didn't know Basic Questions about how to PROVE their claims... is the same old RACIST, HOMOPHOBIC BS... they are just people who Hate Black Men and Homosexuals and throw the same BS about Birth Certificates, his "supposed" Muslim beliefs... These people are sad, bitter people who after Tuesday will remain Bitter until 2017, when Hilary Clinton gets her First term...LOL

Posted by: Martin | Nov 4, 2012 11:24:05 PM

6. I love the A&F guy LOL

Posted by: Michael | Nov 4, 2012 11:49:11 PM

7. Seeing this makes me fear that Romney might just win on Tuesday. I don't think I can live in a country with a man like Romney as president. Good God! Everyone! Please get out and vote on Tuesday and don't, please don't, vote for Romney.

Posted by: jamal49 | Nov 5, 2012 12:10:29 AM

8. Andy, it's so amazing for you to grace us with your presence!

For those who couldn't tell, Andy was the one for whom the hashtag

"#WhiteGirlProblems" was invented.

what an hilarious unimpressive white-boy rant that was. thanks for sharing. now go sip a juicebox, your crankiness might be due to low blood sugar.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Nov 5, 2012 12:19:36 AM

9. @ANDREW: Bullsh*t. This progressive only asked that Mr. Obama do something to salvage the wreckage of the 8 years of G.W. Bush. And he has and needs 4 more years to right the Ship of State.

I'm old enough to remember all those Democratic candidates, too. McGovern was my first vote. I emphatically reject your assertion that somehow progressives "push" the Democratic candidates to the left.

Save George McGovern, none of the Democratic candidates for President were even remotely progressive or leftist. Pretty damned centrist they were. To me, they were "left" enought. They only SEEM "leftist" because the republicon candidates were so extreme right-wing.

Romney just might win on Tuesday but not because Obama is "leftist". He's pretty much a Reagan-type president. Center-right, actually. His policies have been pro-business, including the Affordable Care Act which basically is a sop to the insurance industries. They'll make out like bandits.

No, Mr. Obama is not "leftist". Romney, however, is a political whore and he will say and do anything to not just get elected but to stay elected. If Romney wins on Tuesday, you'd better get your passport ready. This ain't gonna be any country for old men, get it?

Posted by: jamal49 | Nov 5, 2012 12:21:32 AM

10. There's nothing like ignorance to bring out a Romney voter.

Posted by: Molc | Nov 5, 2012 12:39:42 AM

11. I think the one thing that I find most repulsive about the Republican party is that their platform of hate has made the crazies, the bigots and racists, and the criminal aspects of the country feel comfortable and assured that they have a legitimate place among us.

Posted by: D. W. Skinner | Nov 5, 2012 5:13:46 AM

12. I was born and raised in ohio …. I am so glad I left this backwoods state as soon as humanly possible. The people in this state have no real idea what the hell is going on they only see what they want to see. I should know I still have family who live there. They are still angry cause a black man got into office and blame it on everything else under the sun. They watch Faux News and believe it like it's real. I keep trying to convince my mom to move away because the longer she lives there the more IQ points she loses.

Posted by: snightsp | Nov 5, 2012 9:22:45 AM

13. So many jokes come to mind....but honestly it just makes me sad for our country. We've finally come to the point in our country that the founding fathers knew might happen. These people are exactly why the Electoral College system was created. Imagine a country where 50+% are this ignorant and in control.

Posted by: Michaelandfred | Nov 5, 2012 9:30:17 AM

14. I find it fascinating to see these racist T-baggers, who all hated Romney in the primaries, now out there singing his praises.

Posted by: chasmader | Nov 5, 2012 10:09:52 AM

15. It's not polite to use the r word. Let's just say that these folk are extremely challenged.

Posted by: Wilberforce1 | Nov 5, 2012 11:11:12 AM

16. I ashamed to say that I'm from Ohio after listening to the idiots in this clip. If it weren't for Mr. Obama many of them would be amoung the so called 23 Million Unemployed if he did not bail out the auto industry. They never think of that, and Romney said to just let them go bankrupt, put everyone out of work for a very long time. The one time Romney speaks the truth, is when his mouth is closed.

Posted by: Tom | Nov 5, 2012 11:18:31 AM

17. Hey Milt - yep, four more years! We survived Bush, you'll survive Obama. And even if you don't, who really cares?

Posted by: ThomT | Nov 5, 2012 1:28:50 PM