Focus on the Family | News | Tim Tebow

Right Wing Hero Tim Tebow Is Now Shilling For Tivo: VIDEO

Timtebowtivo

Tim Tebow has never come out against gay marriage. In fact, his publicist has made it impossible for him to do so. But considering his work with the homophobic Focus on the Family, it's pretty safe to assume he's not into it.

Thanks to his new gig with TiVo, however, we can be sure that he thinks the "magic box is pretty great.

Watch the football player talk about how TiVo helps him make sense of the "chaotic" choices facing him and his family AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. So if you're pretty you don't have to play football all that well for the endorsements to roll in. 'Cuz as a football player, he's pretty crappy.

Posted by: Elsewhere | Nov 15, 2012 1:07:15 PM

2. See TANK, it's a sure thing. It's KIWI, he wouldn't have responded to me, UFFDA, in the same despicable vein as he did you if it hadn't been him. As I've said he has an underbelly that goes all the way around. And he's the biggest coward with the smallest balls of all.

Posted by: UFFDA | Nov 15, 2012 1:08:24 PM

3. Honestly I don't find him attractive at all. But hey to each his own.

Posted by: Gast | Nov 15, 2012 1:09:42 PM

4. GAST - i think some people have a fetish for simple-mindedness.

like being the exact opposite of a sapiosexual.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Nov 15, 2012 1:13:53 PM

5. A women's right to choose death for an unborn child? Anti-gay prejudice, should he also spend his time addressing sex with animals, editorials, underwater basket weaver's, etc? One person cannot address all the world's topics. He's a great role model because he is his own person, with his own beliefs.

Posted by: Barett | Nov 15, 2012 1:16:52 PM

6. Actually, he's not his own person with his own beliefs. He's a living vessel of regurgitated lies and rhetoric.

but thanks for trolling! :)

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Nov 15, 2012 1:21:22 PM

7. I'm atheist but I don't believe ALL Christians are A. Right Wingers or B. Homophobes. But the more reasoned and reasonable strains of Christianity HAVE allowed the Christian Right to present themselves as representing all Christians.

My problem with Tim Tebow is mainly that he is allied with the Family Research Council which, despite the innocuous name, IS a hate group. And groups like the FRC were not put on the SPLC's list of hate groups just because they oppose gay marriage or gay rights. They were put there because they consistently and deliberately LIE and DISTORT the truth about gays, use thoroughly discredited "research" about gays, and use fear tactics about gays to raise money. It's NOT a subtle distinction.

Posted by: Caliban | Nov 15, 2012 1:26:29 PM

8. Cali, nuance is lost on the plebes.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Nov 15, 2012 1:30:05 PM

9. Um....... "right-wing hero"? Geez. Obsess much?

Posted by: DRH | Nov 15, 2012 1:56:28 PM

10. An easier URL for Len's comment:

@Anon: Andy says "homosexual tendencies" because this blog is about far more than gay issues. Consider, for example, all the science geek stuff he posts. Even so, Tebow is a gay issue because of the incredible amount of gay buzz he has attracted. You can just ask the Outsports guys.

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Nov 15, 2012 2:27:41 PM

11. Since it is beyond obvious that a good many of you people who comment on this site are gay men with a significant degree of self-loathing, that is, men who refuse to engage in calumny against Tim Tebow for his undoubtedly anti-gay political stance simply because you find his strong, manly thighs and those gentle, sky-blue eyes appealing, I just might have to cease commenting here and retain my witty quips for my local MENSA chapter meetings. Honestly!

Posted by: LITTLEKIWI | Nov 15, 2012 2:47:43 PM

12. Thank you, UFFDA, for your support and your words of wisdom. Yes, Tank must agree with you that Little Kiwi must be the anonymous troll who is making unkind and vicious posts here. How very sad. And I always thought guys from Australia were not only hot but very open-minded, too. Maybe he gets turned on by Tebow's hot body but hates himself because he doesn't like Tebow's political views and so he vents his anger onto innocent bystanders like you and Tank. Well, his gutter level thought process will not derail the commenting legend that is Tank; nope, not at all! I'll continue to post here not just for the sake of helping out Andy Towle, and for the sake of my fans, but because I don't think a bully should be encouraged! So Towleroad readers, never fear: Tank will be keeping it real here for a long time to come, no matter what kind of manure gets tossed at him by some boor from the Antiphons!

Posted by: TANK | Nov 15, 2012 2:58:18 PM

13. If I had recorded the phone call I just had with Tivo, it would be the viral video of the week.

I called to tell TIVO that by choosing Tebow as the face of their company, they are sending a message that TIVO does not respect my family, and does not think that we should be full and equal citizens.

Their rep (a very sweet young woman named Lauren) told me she was sorry I had concluded that TIVO was rejecting me as a person: She wanted me to understand that it is not the person Christians reject, it is the sin.

Now perhaps Lauren (who really was sweet and polite and apparently well-intentioned) is an aberration among TIVO employees. Perhaps I just happened to get a devout Christian as my customer-service rep by luck of the draw, and perhaps her views don't represent the company. But what a coincidence.

Posted by: Dan | Nov 15, 2012 4:00:42 PM

14. Saint Timmy is a beautiful and charming football jock-as long as he doesn't make any explicit anti-gay remarks-we can enjoy ogling him.

Posted by: jaragon | Nov 15, 2012 4:24:32 PM

15. I think everyone is really missing the point here. He should of taken his shirt off right at the end.

TIVO picked Tebow because their names are homophonous, not because he's homophobic.

Posted by: sounds good to me | Nov 15, 2012 4:37:45 PM

16. Original anon here (posting on TR since 2005!)

If you hear him talk, you'd get the impression he's probably pro gay rights. TiVo is your typical endorsement deal. He's their problem.

Posted by: anon | Nov 15, 2012 5:37:44 PM

17. He's not Eli Manning, that's for sure.

Posted by: TyInTennn | Nov 15, 2012 7:54:42 PM

18. Funny. The idiot shilling for the idiot box.

Posted by: Aulton | Nov 16, 2012 12:08:59 AM

19. I thank everybody who shows the reasonable understanding and love for the fellow traveler on earth who is TT. I was appalled by all the venom aimed at him at the other very popular gay blog. So what a refreshing and encouraging difference!!

What shall I say? A clean living seems to cultivate a certain unique sweetness which seems ample in him. (Well, Gronk is 'sweet in his own way', too, for that matter, so I am not necessarily passing judgments based on religiosity or the lack thereof..;-)

Posted by: iban4yesu | Nov 16, 2012 5:14:40 AM

20. I agree that Tebow is likely gay. Very into the dramatic, showy aspect of religion, has celebratory kisses with fellow players. He'll play better ball when he figures himself out. I would be willing to help, perhaps in a 3 way with Brett Favre. (I'm a giver.)

Posted by: Rob | Nov 16, 2012 6:30:40 AM

21. This guy can flat out play ball. If the NFL elite owners club would only let the guy play QB he would do what he did in Denver all over again. This guy could be one of the greats but all they want to do is sit him. Unleash one of the greatest of all time so the world can enjoy some of the greatest athletics ever. A QB weighing 250 that can run the 40 in 4.6 seconds and throw the ball with a soft touch has never been seen before in the NFL. That is why he has had the success all his life.

Posted by: WT | Dec 15, 2012 2:23:16 AM