News | Piers Morgan | Rick Warren

Rick Warren Compares Homosexuality to Arsenic - 'Not Everything Natural is Good for Me': VIDEO

Rick_warren

Megachurch pastor Rick Warren appeared on Piers Morgan's CNN show last night where he was asked about his attitude toward homosexuality, which he compared to an urge like wanting to punch somebody in the face.

Also, poison:

Here’s what we know about life. I have all kinds of natural feelings in my life and it doesn’t necessarily mean that I should act on every feeling. Sometimes I get angry and I feel like punching a guy in the nose. It doesn’t mean I act on it. Sometimes I feel attracted to women who are not my wife. I don’t act on it. Just because I have a feeling doesn’t make it right. Not everything natural is good for me. Arsenic is natural.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. These guys always grope for analogies, and always miss the mark. Punching someone in the nose hurts the other person. Committing adultery breaks a promise, and also hurts another person. This douchenozzle has not demonstrated how gay marriage hurts another person.

Posted by: Jamie in Las Vegas | Nov 28, 2012 11:26:55 AM

2. Will Obama invite Pastor Rick to give the invocation at his inauguration AGAIN?

Posted by: MARCUS BACHMANN | Nov 28, 2012 11:30:26 AM

3. He's really struggling isn't he!

Posted by: Remote Patrolled | Nov 28, 2012 11:30:40 AM

4. And yet he doesn't seem to be able to resist the urge to eat one more donut. Or to grow a ridiculous strip of facial hair in an attempt to give the impression that he actually has a chin. He wants to dictate which urges are good to act on and which aren't.... and so far I don't trust his judgement.

Posted by: StillMarriedinCA | Nov 28, 2012 11:31:03 AM

5. And who died and made you God, Rick Warren? Who said you're the arbiter of 'what's good' in which case? So then, you want to sleep with another woman besides your wife, what's it my business? Live your life. You and your false equivalencies, Rick. They are crumbling, and we all know it.

Posted by: shane | Nov 28, 2012 11:35:05 AM

6. Oh, gurl. Can he look any more transparently closeted?

Posted by: Francis | Nov 28, 2012 11:35:17 AM

7. Great that this is all being documented on film. When attitudes change even more in the future it will be hard to escape from this history.

Posted by: Phil | Nov 28, 2012 11:36:04 AM

8. Piers really has been aiming for the spectacularly irrelevant guests of late, hasn't he?

Posted by: Butch | Nov 28, 2012 11:36:42 AM

9. Warren needs to worry more about trans-fats and less about arsenic.

Posted by: Caliban | Nov 28, 2012 11:40:38 AM

10. I guess all these nonsense will only cease to exist once these idiots die.

Posted by: Gast | Nov 28, 2012 11:44:25 AM

11. BTW I think you guys got it right, my gaydar also went off. Rick Warren is indeed a closeted gay man, how sad is that?

Posted by: Gast | Nov 28, 2012 11:49:33 AM

12. The preposterous analogies these hateful people use are really too much.

Posted by: Jack M | Nov 28, 2012 11:51:26 AM

13. I don't love Piers, but I give him credit. He's done a decent job (some mistakes, but still) of exposing these homophobes for who they are and challenging them on their bigotry. The truth is, most people do not think being gay is a choice and of those who don't think sexuality is a choice, most do not believe people should be discriminated against for who we naturally are. The only way this hateful crap is going to break down is by highlighting it and destroying it. That's what this is all about.

Posted by: Francis | Nov 28, 2012 11:55:43 AM

14. Buffoon.

Posted by: Esther Blodgett | Nov 28, 2012 11:56:03 AM

15. Buffoon.

Posted by: Esther Blodgett | Nov 28, 2012 11:56:04 AM

16. Tragic.

Posted by: rapture | Nov 28, 2012 11:57:59 AM

17. Religion is not natural and has proven to be VERY bad for humans.

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Nov 28, 2012 12:05:14 PM

18. CNN is still using us as a distraction from political and financial corruption. It's standard for Morgan to let these bigots ramble on without challenge. Gay leadership needs to respond to this immediately, and on air. But they won't.

Posted by: Wilberforce | Nov 28, 2012 12:11:12 PM

19. Oh please big sky, daddy, please! Help me avoid the taste of this delicious arsenic! Send me to hell if I misbehave! I don't think that jock is beautiful, I don't think that jock is beautiful!

-the 15 year old brain of Rick Warren

Posted by: EchtKultig | Nov 28, 2012 12:14:40 PM

20. Gee, Rick, my natural homosexual urges have me wanting to punch you in the face, up side your head, back side of your head, bash your teeth down your throat, just generally rearrange that porcine, bovine face of yours. Plus, I think such urges would be good for me.

Posted by: jamal49 | Nov 28, 2012 12:19:39 PM

21. who cares if it's a choice or not? i should be free to choose how i want to live my life.

Posted by: brian | Nov 28, 2012 12:25:35 PM

22. If these damn queers are accepted, how is my grandson going to follow me into the ministry and also make tens of millions of dollars?

-the 60 year old brain of Rick Warren

Posted by: EchtKultig | Nov 28, 2012 12:28:19 PM

23. Eating too much is also a sin and not good for his health.

Posted by: simon | Nov 28, 2012 12:29:09 PM

24. Piers Morgan is hardly much better; CNN has become a waste of a network indeed. You really need to 'convince yourself' that being gay is an inborn characteristic to feel better about gay people? Stop trying so hard. WILBERFORCE and BRIAN are correct.

Posted by: shane | Nov 28, 2012 12:31:40 PM

25. They just keep shifting the goalposts, don't they? For the longest time, being gay was condemned as being unnatural. Now all of a sudden it doesn't matter whether it's natural or not. It just goes to prove that you'll never be able to use logic to argue someone out of a position they didn't reach through logic in the first place.

BTW, the actual joke is "Hemlock is natural," not arsenic, you moron.

Posted by: Seattle Mike | Nov 28, 2012 12:33:42 PM