News | Piers Morgan | Rick Warren

BigGayDeal.com

Rick Warren Compares Homosexuality to Arsenic - 'Not Everything Natural is Good for Me': VIDEO

Rick_warren

Megachurch pastor Rick Warren appeared on Piers Morgan's CNN show last night where he was asked about his attitude toward homosexuality, which he compared to an urge like wanting to punch somebody in the face.

Also, poison:

Here’s what we know about life. I have all kinds of natural feelings in my life and it doesn’t necessarily mean that I should act on every feeling. Sometimes I get angry and I feel like punching a guy in the nose. It doesn’t mean I act on it. Sometimes I feel attracted to women who are not my wife. I don’t act on it. Just because I have a feeling doesn’t make it right. Not everything natural is good for me. Arsenic is natural.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Why do they always ask the wrong questions? How about this....Do you believe in the freedom of religion? How would you like it if the government took away all the benefits you are extended for being married? If you believe in the freedom of religion then how can you deny a person the full expression of their religious right to marry when their church fully supports marriage equality? How can you deny federal benefits based on your religious beliefs when our Constitution specifically forbids the government from supporting one religious doctrine over another?

Stop allowing these people to use analogies that really do not pertain. Jesus commanded us to do unto others as we would have others do unto us. We don't punch our neighbor because it would cause harm. We don't cheat on our spouses because it causes harm. We don't eat arsenic because it causes harm. All three examples are direct actions against Jesus' commandment. Marriage equality does none of the above. If anything it supports the whole idea of the sanctity of marriage and the worthiness of forming committed life-bonded relationships.

Posted by: Don | Nov 28, 2012 7:15:22 PM

2. Speaking of wanting to punch someone in the face...

Posted by: chuck | Nov 28, 2012 8:50:42 PM

3. So Homosexuality is natural now/

Posted by: anonny6 | Nov 28, 2012 9:01:57 PM

4. I'll take that analogy, because it's basically an admission that we really ARE natural, and not "unnatural" as other loonies scream, though I'm sure the other loonies will have his head for it. It also follows this narcissistic mindset that if I can't use it, it's useless. Selfish, greedy prick. So egotistical. There is so much we can't use, but that doesn't make it useless, and it sure as hell doesn't mean it's going away.

In either case, I truly wish I were like arsenic; especially towards jerks like Warren.

Posted by: Matt | Nov 28, 2012 11:48:19 PM

5. Why do news outlets talk to him anyway? Yes, there's that over-hyped bestseller of his:( But really, he tried to host a debate between Obama and Romney and neither group wanted any part of it.

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Nov 29, 2012 12:53:07 AM

6. Actually, in small amounts, arsenic is good for your skin.

And so is homosexuality.

Posted by: SCHDY JOSH | Nov 29, 2012 1:54:29 AM

7. I have a really, REALLY STRONG natural urge to run Rick Warren over with an M1A1 Abrams... must... resist... can't... hold...it...much...long.... NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! GIMMETHETANKGIMMETHETANK! GODDAMMITGIMMETHEFUCKINTANK!!!!!

Posted by: Mommie Dammit | Nov 29, 2012 6:14:27 AM

8. I was in a sinking relationship and i was devastated. My fiancee wanted out and I got no explanations from him. so as i was making a search i saw some great reviews about prophetharry@ymail.com so I was a bit skeptical at first but I purchased a spell and within days Gary(my fiancee) was all over me and told me he still loved me and that he would never leave me. I saw him transform from a guy who wanted out to a guy who always wanted to be with me.

Posted by: Anonymous | Nov 29, 2012 11:02:54 AM

9. Man, talk about ugly, he'd make that troll that lives under a bridge look good.

Posted by: mike ramon | Feb 16, 2013 11:16:50 AM

10. Man, talk about ugly, he'd make that troll that lives under a bridge look good.

Posted by: mike ramon | Feb 16, 2013 11:17:02 AM