Adam Levine | Honey Boo Boo | News

Adam Levine Has Very Strong Feelings About Honey Boo Boo

Levine

Adam Levine really, really dislikes Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.

He tells GQ:

"Seriously, Honey Boo Boo is the DECAY of Western civilization. Just because so many people watch the show doesn't mean it's good. So many people witness atrocities and can't take their eyes away from them, but that doesn't mean they're good. That show is literally The. Worst. Thing. That's. Ever. Happened. It's complete f**king ignorance and the most despicable way to treat your kids. F**k those people. You can put that in the magazine: F**k those idiots. They're just the worst. Sorry, I'm so sensitive to that—like, I don't know, man, it's upsetting. Just to clarify, I said, "F**K THOSE PEOPLE."

(via dlisted)

Previously...
A Pro-Gay Message from Honey Boo Boo: VIDEO [tlrd]

Comments

1. Surprise. HE doesn't have an original thought just like his band.

Posted by: M. | Dec 4, 2012 12:56:14 PM

2. Like that spoiled rich Beverly Hills-raised putz adds anything to western civilization.

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 4, 2012 12:58:24 PM

3. I like Adam, but does he think having sex in what was essentially a torture chamber, and then having his arm ripped off on American Horror Story, is quality, uplifting fare for Western Civilization?

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Dec 4, 2012 1:00:25 PM

4. People, like drugs, need to be 100% accepted in all their forms. To not do so leads to obvious problems. You create rifts by choosing to create them, classism is in the mind, it's arbitrary.

Posted by: Fenrox | Dec 4, 2012 1:02:24 PM

5. American Horror Story is crap

Posted by: @z0mKi | Dec 4, 2012 1:03:47 PM

6. Here comes Honey Boo Boo shows a loving, gay friendly family in the deep South. I'm fine with it.

Posted by: JT | Dec 4, 2012 1:03:48 PM

7. a loving, gay-friendly family in the deep south that is deeply harming their children with gallingly unhealthy eating habits.

my feelings are mixed. kudos to embracing diversity. now be a responsible parent and teach your children healthy eating habits.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Dec 4, 2012 1:06:41 PM

8. Well said, LittleKiwi.

Posted by: Chaszle | Dec 4, 2012 1:14:07 PM

9. I'd hopefully have been a bit more articulate about it but, I pretty much agree with him :)

Posted by: CHAD | Dec 4, 2012 1:14:33 PM

10. Who is this Levine guy and what is a Honey Boo Boo?

Posted by: benjamin | Dec 4, 2012 1:15:16 PM

11. I agree with every other post on here so far. Yes, even Lil' Canadian.

But Adam Levine is hot IMHO, so he gets a little pass.

Posted by: ratbastard | Dec 4, 2012 1:17:49 PM

12. Benjamin: Welcome! How was 1996? You have a lot to catch up on.

Posted by: Chris in Kansas | Dec 4, 2012 1:18:37 PM

13. Benjamin : Levine is some lame musician who only "made it" because of his parents wealth and the millions he got as his Bar Mitzvah. Honey Boo Boo is a little girl character on a "Reality" TV show, though I don't know if it's an American or Euro. (or some other) show. (Never seen it).

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 4, 2012 1:19:19 PM

14. Seriously, you're going to define the decline of Western Civilization by a TV show? As my friend of mine use to say,'someone is smelling themselves'. Does this person think he is the arbitrator of morals and taste? He has some ugly ass tattoos for that.

It's a TV show. Who cares. He had nothing better to do then self appoint himself as the moral crusader? This reminds me of the Republican party. Those who want to regulate or criticize what we listen to or watch on TV or films. If people enjoy it who cares!!!!!!

I guess Adam was never told the less you say the better since the more you say reveals much more about you as a person. Such Republican talk for a liberal. Watch it Adam, someone might want to ban your music too.

Posted by: Dawson | Dec 4, 2012 1:20:22 PM

15. Rat : Hot ?? C'mon . He looks like a Hasidim !

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 4, 2012 1:20:26 PM

16. I thought maroon 5 marked the end of western civilization. But seriously The Voice, the Voice is really what is going to save the world

Posted by: NHbrooklyn | Dec 4, 2012 1:20:27 PM

17. Dawson : Levine is a grown man who thinks it's cutesy-dutesy-cool to post a pic of himself with his new black eye online. (This when servicemen are coming back from Afghanistan with their faces burned off and no legs).

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 4, 2012 1:23:20 PM

18. And here I thought Moron 5's music was the decay of Western civilization and The. Worst. Thing. That's. Ever. Happened.

Posted by: scott | Dec 4, 2012 1:24:15 PM

19. I seem to be among the folks who've never seen nor heard either AL or HBB. But I'd actually heard ABOUT HBB. That's enough for me. and I suppose AL will remain an unknown to me by my choice.

Posted by: gregory brown | Dec 4, 2012 1:29:09 PM

20. I'm delighted to read commentary where every one is not gaga about Honey Boo-Boo.

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Dec 4, 2012 1:31:41 PM

21. there's a point - scripted tv shows are not only expensive to produce but count on the audience being intelligent.

reality shows are cheap to produce and dont' require much brain work from their audience.

there is a cheapening and dumbing down happening.

by all means, check out South Park's take on it all, which was brilliant as usual.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Dec 4, 2012 1:31:44 PM

22. Adam Levine is GOD

Posted by: Adam Levine is GOD | Dec 4, 2012 1:34:29 PM

23. I'm no fan of reality TV in general but to single out one show and one family as the worst is ridiculous, especially when there strong competition from the Hilton and Kardashian families.

Posted by: MichaelJ | Dec 4, 2012 1:40:21 PM

24. But of course he wouldn't speak ill of the Kartrashians, since they are probably close family friends.

Posted by: jht | Dec 4, 2012 1:43:56 PM

25. I wouldn't even stoop to comment on such an inconsequential post...oops I stooped. Get a life folks. There are things to do.

Posted by: UFFDA | Dec 4, 2012 1:45:17 PM