Adam Levine Has Very Strong Feelings About Honey Boo Boo

Levine

Adam Levine really, really dislikes Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.

He tells GQ:

"Seriously, Honey Boo Boo is the DECAY of Western civilization. Just
because so many people watch the show doesn't mean it's good. So many
people witness atrocities and can't take their eyes away from them, but
that doesn't mean they're good. That show is literally The. Worst.
Thing. That's. Ever. Happened. It's complete f**king ignorance and the
most despicable way to treat your kids. F**k those people. You can put
that in the magazine: F**k those idiots. They're just the worst. Sorry, I'm so sensitive to that—like, I don't know, man, it's upsetting. Just to clarify, I said, "F**K THOSE PEOPLE."

(via dlisted)

Previously…
A Pro-Gay Message from Honey Boo Boo: VIDEO [tlrd]

Comments

1. Dastius Krazitauc says

I like Adam, but does he think having sex in what was essentially a torture chamber, and then having his arm ripped off on American Horror Story, is quality, uplifting fare for Western Civilization?

2. Fenrox says

People, like drugs, need to be 100% accepted in all their forms. To not do so leads to obvious problems. You create rifts by choosing to create them, classism is in the mind, it’s arbitrary.

3. says

a loving, gay-friendly family in the deep south that is deeply harming their children with gallingly unhealthy eating habits.

my feelings are mixed. kudos to embracing diversity. now be a responsible parent and teach your children healthy eating habits.

4. Yupp says

Benjamin : Levine is some lame musician who only “made it” because of his parents wealth and the millions he got as his Bar Mitzvah. Honey Boo Boo is a little girl character on a “Reality” TV show, though I don’t know if it’s an American or Euro. (or some other) show. (Never seen it).

5. Dawson says

Seriously, you’re going to define the decline of Western Civilization by a TV show? As my friend of mine use to say,’someone is smelling themselves’. Does this person think he is the arbitrator of morals and taste? He has some ugly ass tattoos for that.

It’s a TV show. Who cares. He had nothing better to do then self appoint himself as the moral crusader? This reminds me of the Republican party. Those who want to regulate or criticize what we listen to or watch on TV or films. If people enjoy it who cares!!!!!!

I guess Adam was never told the less you say the better since the more you say reveals much more about you as a person. Such Republican talk for a liberal. Watch it Adam, someone might want to ban your music too.

6. Yupp says

Dawson : Levine is a grown man who thinks it’s cutesy-dutesy-cool to post a pic of himself with his new black eye online. (This when servicemen are coming back from Afghanistan with their faces burned off and no legs).

7. gregory brown says

I seem to be among the folks who’ve never seen nor heard either AL or HBB. But I’d actually heard ABOUT HBB. That’s enough for me. and I suppose AL will remain an unknown to me by my choice.

8. says

there’s a point – scripted tv shows are not only expensive to produce but count on the audience being intelligent.

reality shows are cheap to produce and dont’ require much brain work from their audience.

there is a cheapening and dumbing down happening.

by all means, check out South Park’s take on it all, which was brilliant as usual.

9. MichaelJ says

I’m no fan of reality TV in general but to single out one show and one family as the worst is ridiculous, especially when there strong competition from the Hilton and Kardashian families.

10. AJ says

He has a point. And he’s standing by it. I like him. And I find him incredibly attractive. He’s also very pro-gay and has a gay brother. And as far as him being in “American Horror Story” there is a very real distinction between fiction and the way those people are actually treating their kids on HBB. And I will go ahead and say that “American Horror Story” is one of the best, most inventive television shows to come along in years. Jessica Lange is jaw-droppingly awesome in it. If you’re missing it, you are missing OUT. Ryan Murphy is GOD.

11. consumer says

I think the child beauty pageant thing, and making celebrities out of children, is horrible, but from what I’ve seen of the Honey Boo Boo family, there is warmth, affection, and good fun. By contrast, from what I’ve heard of “American Horror Story” (which I wouldn’t watch), it’s literally all about people being hurt.

Let me know when violence stops in the real world – then maybe it’s cool to make entertainment out of violent fantasy.

Has Mr. Levine any idea what it might really feel like for himself, or someone he loves, to be hurt in a way portrayed on his TV show? I know Mr. Levine is an LGBT equality supporter – and that’s great – but I don’t respect him otherwise.

12. Sam says

Adam’s a pretty squawker and nothing more. Sure he can give interviews and rant about w/e but what is he actually doing to better the world…releasing mediocre music? When hear him volunteer his time or donate his earnings for charity, I’ll give him a pass. As of now, he’s a self-serving celebrity in my book.

13. Luke says

Shut up Adam. What meaningful contributions have you made to society besides your crappy music? I like the Honey Boo Boo family. I have only watched 1 or 2 episodes but I like their style of letting their children be themselves, whatever it may be. And @Little Kiwi, nobody has ever accused southerners of being healthy eaters. More power to them. Adam Levine just sounds bitter.

14. tommyboy says

wow… some bitchy queens on here … Maroon 5 is great, Adam is great!! Honey boo boo is a very sad state of affairs!! it is not because she is from the deep south, not because she is over weight…but because it sets a bad example for laziness and bad manners in my opinion!!

15. Yupp says

Sam : Levine volunteer his time for charity ?! He’d pass out at the sight of blood or dirt. He and his family grew up only attending catered charity “events.”

16. shawnthesheep says

Yes, and Maroon 5 and The Voice are high watermarks for civilization. Seriously, Adam, get over yourself. I’m not defending Honey Boo Boo. I’ve never seen the show. But why does anyone give two shits what this privileged douchenozzle has to say about it?

17. AJ says

He did not have a Bar Mitzvah, rejects his Jewish faith and has done a lot for charities for testicular cancer, ADHD and gay rights including the It Gets Better project:

From Wikipedia: Levine, whose brother is openly gay, is an outspoken supporter of same-sex marriage and LGBT rights. In 2011, he made a video on Maroon 5’s official YouTube account in support of the It Gets Better Project. In January 2012, he announced that Maroon 5 had changed the location of their post-Grammy Awards show because of the “unnamed Los Angeles restaurant’s backing of Proposition 8″.

18. Robert says

I don’t know why people think that bad eating habits are the only thing worthy of ridicule. All parents pass on some sort of bad habit to their kids. His comments also stink a little of classism. Just because he is pro LGBT doesn’t mean that he gets to be a jerk to other kinds of people.

I agree that reality television sucks, but it’s not as if all the stuff like “I Love Lucy” and “Alf” were any better for the brain. You’re better off with a good book.

19. ratbastard says

I was referring to the man himself, his physical attractiveness…not his admittedly sh*tty music. I don’t know Mr. Levine so can’t comment on him personality-wise. I was strictly referring to his looks. Yes, it’s shallow.

20. Yupp says

AJ : He says he rejects his “faith” because that’s hip. He sure doesn’t renounce the coddled Beverly Hills Jewish (culture-wise) clan of snottery. Send him to an Israeli kibbutz for a few months and let’s watch his nervous breakdown.

21. stefano says

Right on, Adam! Any parent that exploits their little kid by dragging her to kiddie beauty pageants and feeding her red bull and pixie sticks to amp her up for “performances” is pathetic. I can deal with the fact that the family is dysfunctional and super trashy but that girl is going to grow up to be super f-d up and America thinks it’s funny.

22. ameoba says

The Hollywood Reporter pronounced the show “horrifying,” explaining, “You know this show is exploitation. TLC knows it. Maybe even Mama and HBB know it, deep down in their rotund bodies. Here Comes Honey Boo Boo is a car crash, and everybody rubber-necks at a car crash, right? It’s human nature. Yes, except that if you play that card, you also have to realize that human nature comes with the capacity to draw a line, to hold fast against the dehumanization and incremental tearing down of the social fabric, even if this never-ending onslaught of reality television suggests that’s a losing effort. You can say no to visual exploitation. You can say no to TLC. And you can say no to Honey Boo Boo Child. Somebody has to.”

23. JAMES says

His music is just as offensive. It’s complete trash. He’s contributing to the decay of western civilization. Why would he open that can of worms? What an idiot. Does he really think he’s contributing anything substantial to today’s society?