Adam Levine | Honey Boo Boo | News

BigGayDeal.com

Adam Levine Has Very Strong Feelings About Honey Boo Boo

Levine

Adam Levine really, really dislikes Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.

He tells GQ:

"Seriously, Honey Boo Boo is the DECAY of Western civilization. Just because so many people watch the show doesn't mean it's good. So many people witness atrocities and can't take their eyes away from them, but that doesn't mean they're good. That show is literally The. Worst. Thing. That's. Ever. Happened. It's complete f**king ignorance and the most despicable way to treat your kids. F**k those people. You can put that in the magazine: F**k those idiots. They're just the worst. Sorry, I'm so sensitive to that—like, I don't know, man, it's upsetting. Just to clarify, I said, "F**K THOSE PEOPLE."

(via dlisted)

Previously...
A Pro-Gay Message from Honey Boo Boo: VIDEO [tlrd]

Comments

1. He has a point. And he's standing by it. I like him. And I find him incredibly attractive. He's also very pro-gay and has a gay brother. And as far as him being in "American Horror Story" there is a very real distinction between fiction and the way those people are actually treating their kids on HBB. And I will go ahead and say that "American Horror Story" is one of the best, most inventive television shows to come along in years. Jessica Lange is jaw-droppingly awesome in it. If you're missing it, you are missing OUT. Ryan Murphy is GOD.

Posted by: AJ | Dec 4, 2012 1:49:31 PM

2. Yupp: Adam didn't have a Bar Mitzvah.

Posted by: Scott | Dec 4, 2012 1:59:43 PM

3. Scott : He did.

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 4, 2012 2:06:57 PM

4. I think the child beauty pageant thing, and making celebrities out of children, is horrible, but from what I've seen of the Honey Boo Boo family, there is warmth, affection, and good fun. By contrast, from what I've heard of "American Horror Story" (which I wouldn't watch), it's literally all about people being hurt.

Let me know when violence stops in the real world - then maybe it's cool to make entertainment out of violent fantasy.

Has Mr. Levine any idea what it might really feel like for himself, or someone he loves, to be hurt in a way portrayed on his TV show? I know Mr. Levine is an LGBT equality supporter - and that's great - but I don't respect him otherwise.

Posted by: consumer | Dec 4, 2012 2:11:20 PM

5. Adam Levine is on The Voice. He has no credibility left ! Honey Boo Boo is an awful show but so is The Voice.

Posted by: Icebloo | Dec 4, 2012 2:12:32 PM

6. I'm with AJ on this one. And Adam Levine.

Posted by: Zell | Dec 4, 2012 2:14:13 PM

7. Adam's a pretty squawker and nothing more. Sure he can give interviews and rant about w/e but what is he actually doing to better the world...releasing mediocre music? When hear him volunteer his time or donate his earnings for charity, I'll give him a pass. As of now, he's a self-serving celebrity in my book.

Posted by: Sam | Dec 4, 2012 2:28:23 PM

8. Shut up Adam. What meaningful contributions have you made to society besides your crappy music? I like the Honey Boo Boo family. I have only watched 1 or 2 episodes but I like their style of letting their children be themselves, whatever it may be. And @Little Kiwi, nobody has ever accused southerners of being healthy eaters. More power to them. Adam Levine just sounds bitter.

Posted by: Luke | Dec 4, 2012 2:52:03 PM

9. wow... some bitchy queens on here ... Maroon 5 is great, Adam is great!! Honey boo boo is a very sad state of affairs!! it is not because she is from the deep south, not because she is over weight...but because it sets a bad example for laziness and bad manners in my opinion!!

Posted by: tommyboy | Dec 4, 2012 2:57:51 PM

10. I cannot believe so many of you are insulting Maroon 5 in defense of Honey Boo Boo. You're kinda proving Adam right.

Posted by: Top to Bottom | Dec 4, 2012 2:58:31 PM

11. Sam : Levine volunteer his time for charity ?! He'd pass out at the sight of blood or dirt. He and his family grew up only attending catered charity "events."

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 4, 2012 3:04:26 PM

12. Top to Bottom : How are they proving Silly Goose Levine correct ?

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 4, 2012 3:07:49 PM

13. Yes, and Maroon 5 and The Voice are high watermarks for civilization. Seriously, Adam, get over yourself. I'm not defending Honey Boo Boo. I've never seen the show. But why does anyone give two shits what this privileged douchenozzle has to say about it?

Posted by: shawnthesheep | Dec 4, 2012 3:21:48 PM

14. He did not have a Bar Mitzvah, rejects his Jewish faith and has done a lot for charities for testicular cancer, ADHD and gay rights including the It Gets Better project:

From Wikipedia: Levine, whose brother is openly gay, is an outspoken supporter of same-sex marriage and LGBT rights. In 2011, he made a video on Maroon 5's official YouTube account in support of the It Gets Better Project. In January 2012, he announced that Maroon 5 had changed the location of their post-Grammy Awards show because of the "unnamed Los Angeles restaurant's backing of Proposition 8".

Posted by: AJ | Dec 4, 2012 3:30:19 PM

15. I don't know why people think that bad eating habits are the only thing worthy of ridicule. All parents pass on some sort of bad habit to their kids. His comments also stink a little of classism. Just because he is pro LGBT doesn't mean that he gets to be a jerk to other kinds of people.

I agree that reality television sucks, but it's not as if all the stuff like "I Love Lucy" and "Alf" were any better for the brain. You're better off with a good book.

Posted by: Robert | Dec 4, 2012 4:47:47 PM

16. I was referring to the man himself, his physical attractiveness...not his admittedly sh*tty music. I don't know Mr. Levine so can't comment on him personality-wise. I was strictly referring to his looks. Yes, it's shallow.

Posted by: ratbastard | Dec 4, 2012 5:13:45 PM

17. Well Adam--Honey Boo Boo has done for TV what Maroon 5 did for pop music! Pot, meet kettle.

Posted by: Chicklets | Dec 4, 2012 7:18:57 PM

18. Wow. The anti-semitism is rampant here. One anti-gay comment and the squeals are deafening.

Posted by: Tom | Dec 4, 2012 7:24:41 PM

19. AJ : He says he rejects his "faith" because that's hip. He sure doesn't renounce the coddled Beverly Hills Jewish (culture-wise) clan of snottery. Send him to an Israeli kibbutz for a few months and let's watch his nervous breakdown.

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 4, 2012 7:44:03 PM

20. Right on, Adam! Any parent that exploits their little kid by dragging her to kiddie beauty pageants and feeding her red bull and pixie sticks to amp her up for "performances" is pathetic. I can deal with the fact that the family is dysfunctional and super trashy but that girl is going to grow up to be super f-d up and America thinks it's funny.

Posted by: stefano | Dec 4, 2012 10:21:23 PM

21. The Hollywood Reporter pronounced the show "horrifying," explaining, "You know this show is exploitation. TLC knows it. Maybe even Mama and HBB know it, deep down in their rotund bodies. Here Comes Honey Boo Boo is a car crash, and everybody rubber-necks at a car crash, right? It’s human nature. Yes, except that if you play that card, you also have to realize that human nature comes with the capacity to draw a line, to hold fast against the dehumanization and incremental tearing down of the social fabric, even if this never-ending onslaught of reality television suggests that’s a losing effort. You can say no to visual exploitation. You can say no to TLC. And you can say no to Honey Boo Boo Child. Somebody has to."

Posted by: ameoba | Dec 4, 2012 10:40:35 PM

22. I think the all that ink has gone to Levine's brain.

Posted by: Mark | Dec 5, 2012 2:18:55 AM

23. His music is just as offensive. It's complete trash. He's contributing to the decay of western civilization. Why would he open that can of worms? What an idiot. Does he really think he's contributing anything substantial to today's society?

Posted by: JAMES | Dec 6, 2012 1:07:14 AM