News

BigGayDeal.com

Gay Man Who Loves His Wife Seeks Coming Out Advice: VIDEO

Comingout

You see, he loves something else a whole lot more.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via good as you)

Comments

1. She didn't know? None of her family members nor friends told her? Well, she deserves someone who is straight.
    He needs to move on, stop talking to camera and start living a life of a 20-year-old gay man (but safely).

Posted by: Matt26 | Dec 18, 2012 4:40:11 PM

2. Caleb, if you are reading this.........first of all, call your ex-wife and basically say what you said in this video to her. Be honest with her. She may not want to hear it, but you have to do it before you move. You can't simply leave her out to dry.

PFLAG meeting sounds good, and really any sort of local LGBT support group will help, and a gay-friendly/gay counselor you can talk to, to clear your head, to help give your ex understanding. There are a lot of coming out support groups. There a few on facebook you should contact. There is a website called gayhusbands.org. Again, Caleb, if you read this, go to that website and I think you'll find things there to help you.

I'm sorry for you and your wife but now that you're out, it's time to be open, be happy, be free and put your former life in the rear mirror. Once you move to Vermont, you need to just commit yourself to starting over and having fun. Your family accepts you, Vermont is an accepting state, you're cute and you're young. Live it up.

Posted by: Francis | Dec 18, 2012 4:47:28 PM

3. FAKE!!! Ignore the attention whore!

Posted by: ceem | Dec 18, 2012 4:51:22 PM

4. fake

Posted by: rustytrawler | Dec 18, 2012 4:53:11 PM

5. Why can't this site ever have uplifting gay stories instead of these neurotic nut jobs all the time? Why do you always gay people as these messed up people?

Posted by: J. | Dec 18, 2012 4:56:06 PM

6. http://www.gayhusbands.com/

As my now fiance said, just wait a few years and you'll both be attending each other's weddings.

You get over it and you become friends.

Welcome to VT ;-)

Posted by: KevinVT | Dec 18, 2012 4:56:09 PM

7. I have been LOLing from this video for the best five minutes.

Baby. You're not even 21. Tell her, get a divorce and start your 25+ year quest for a decent husband like the rest of us.

Posted by: David in NYC | Dec 18, 2012 5:30:56 PM

8. I think it's terribly cruel of him to lead a girl on like that. Especially a girl who is both blind and deaf.

Posted by: I wont grow up | Dec 18, 2012 5:35:08 PM

9. Advice?

Spit out the gum before you start filming.

Posted by: jexer | Dec 18, 2012 5:57:58 PM

10. umm this dude is on fire--and his wife didnt know? LOL. This seems fake.

Posted by: Chicklets | Dec 18, 2012 6:02:53 PM

11. His wife, Shelby Railey, makes clear on her Facebook page that she is very into her Christian faith. It probably never occurred to her that this cute boy who was into her could be incurably gay. Thank you, Caleb, for sparing her the fate of Michele Bachmann.

Posted by: Benny | Dec 18, 2012 6:56:16 PM

12. what's worth noting in these Christian Closet Case stories is the power of human prejudice over Godly judgment.

they brazenly break the very-clear 9th Commandment in order to....sorta kinda abide by other barely-clear scriptural mentions of sexuality?

*facepalm*

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Dec 18, 2012 7:01:33 PM

13. I am Marcus. My wife is Michelle Bachmann. If it works for me, it should also work for you. Call me and we will have a "hands-on" session.

Posted by: Marcus | Dec 18, 2012 7:19:49 PM

14. I think he should find a christian guy who wants to do christian 3 somes with a christian married couple. Craig's list probably has a dedicated search for that. Film it and score it (he's a composer) and it could solve some future alimony problems. I'd watch - he is cute.

Posted by: Markt | Dec 18, 2012 7:25:07 PM

15. Dear video poster;
    Here are some recommendations: Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays - PFLAG is a great place to start. There are groups all over the country, hopefully one near you in SC and where you'll be in VT.

PFLAG should know the local support networks.

If you'd like to find a church do a web search for 'Welcoming and Affirming Churches Vermont', or SC. Many provide pastoral counseling for couples that would be valuable for you. They're also likely to have many LGBT members. And they perform Same-Sex marriages.

You've become aware that you're not going to change who you're attracted to physically and emotionally. Watch some 'It Gets Better' videos. There are plenty of stories of people who were married.

Best of luck to you.

Posted by: Dan B Seattle | Dec 18, 2012 7:28:37 PM

16. "I am Marcus. My wife is Michelle Bachmann. If it works for me, it should also work for you. Call me and we will have a "hands-on" session."

LMAO! Good one!

Posted by: EchtKultig | Dec 18, 2012 7:36:20 PM

17. Advice? Don't move to VT until the divorce is over and get a lawyer.

Posted by: anon | Dec 18, 2012 7:57:23 PM

18. Hmmm first what is he doing babbling about his life on the internet? Doesn't he have close friends or family he can talk to about this problem. His wife was obviously deaf and blind is she doesn't know this guy is gay?

Posted by: jaragon | Dec 18, 2012 10:03:50 PM

19. On behalf of my people, we reject you.

Posted by: This guy is a moron | Dec 18, 2012 11:38:16 PM

20. Most of this is good advice. Follow it. Get a life.

Posted by: UFFDA | Dec 19, 2012 12:08:12 AM

21. I could tell he was gay in the video still.

Posted by: NE1 | Dec 19, 2012 1:04:21 AM

22. But seriously if he really loves her I hope he held off on having sex with guys while he was married because cheating is cheating. I also think this might be a joke?

Posted by: NE1 | Dec 19, 2012 1:05:32 AM

23. Advice on coming out to whom? He's told his wife, told his parents. He's getting a divorce and getting out of the South. Sounds to me like he's covered all the bases.

Posted by: Rich | Dec 19, 2012 2:46:28 AM

24. If this video is real (which I doubt), my advice to him is to not seek advice from YouTube. And don't go back to the South. Ever.

Posted by: Dan B | Dec 19, 2012 3:08:30 AM

25. I agree it's got to be a fake. He's got very liberal, supportive parents - yet he got married to a very Christian woman and he's only *now* coming out? His soon-to-be ex-wife is very Christian - yet they met and immediately moved in together for a year before their marriage? This just does not add up.

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Dec 19, 2012 3:20:14 AM