Bill O'Reilly | Christmas | News

BigGayDeal.com

Bill O'Reilly Believes That the 'Gay Rights Agenda' is at the Root of the 'War on Christmas': VIDEO

Oreilly_mcguirk

Bill O'Reilly agreed with Imus in the Morning producer Bernard McGuirk last night after he blamed abortion and gay rights for the so-called 'war on Christmas'.

MCGUIRK: The war on Christmas is very, very real, and if you ask me, in addition to some grouchy misanthropic heathen atheists it has to do - at the root of it - with two things - abortion and the gay rights agenda, because Christianity is against those things. It's subtle but that's why it's so pronounced in recent years.

O'REILLY: Hundred percent agree. I absolutely agree 100% that the diminishment of Christianity is the target and Christmas is the vehicle because the secularists know the opposition to their agenda (legalized drugs is in that as well) comes primarily from the Judeo-Christian traditionalist people.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. wait. i thought Christianity was a "philosophy", Bill. How can gays marrying be a war on a Philosophy?

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Dec 7, 2012 2:05:26 PM

2. You're a "jerk-off" Bill;
    with apologies to the jerk-off concept generally, which in the proper hands, is a good thing.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Dec 7, 2012 2:42:07 PM

3. Dear Bill - we'll stop our so-called "War On Christmas" once you stop your "War On Common Sense".

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Dec 7, 2012 2:42:29 PM

4. "Grouchy misanthropic heathen atheists"? Is he specifying that he's only referring to atheists that possess characteristics of all three adjectives? Or may I assume that he believes that atheists are also intrinsically all three of those other things? (In which case, for the record, he'd be indulging in redundancy.) I'm definitely grouchy, but I'd like to think that I'm not misanthropic... well, most of the time.

And as a matter of correctness, while all atheists are heathen, the reverse is not true. I strongly suspect that this subtlety is lost on most of the show's watchers, and probably also its host and most of his guests.

Posted by: Jason Chenard | Dec 7, 2012 2:43:00 PM

5. Bill O'Reilly is crazier than every person at Fox News combined. There is no war on Christmas but I'd love to see the Christians thrown to the lions that keep perpetuating that myth.

Posted by: Bobby | Dec 7, 2012 2:53:09 PM

6. What war on Christmas? Christmas these days is little more than a commercial orgy, and consumers are spending like lunatics. Christmas is thriving.

Posted by: jomicur | Dec 7, 2012 3:38:34 PM

7. I use to have a little more respect for O'Reily than I did for Hanney, but it turns out they are pretty much the same.

Posted by: Billy | Dec 7, 2012 5:33:34 PM

8. wow...us heathen gays have so much power...now we have caused the decline of Christmas....us powerful people

Posted by: Bernie | Dec 7, 2012 5:58:28 PM

9. This just shows how cloistered and uninformed these guys are. Everything about the way we celebrate Christmas in the U.S. is gay, gay, gay. We make it happen.

Posted by: Joe in CT | Dec 7, 2012 6:46:59 PM

10. "Judeo-Christian traditionalist people"...so can I expect a "War on Hanukkah" any time soon or is O'Reilly expecting American Jewery to convert en masse?

Posted by: mikeflower | Dec 7, 2012 9:07:31 PM

11. You wanted all the exposure "equality" would bring. Now it's time to own it. Boo hoo.....poor gays. Sniffing poppers on a New York City disco dance floor was so much more fullfilling. "New Normal" enough yet??? If only we could live in the TV..... I suggest Karate for all.

Posted by: Gary | Dec 7, 2012 9:32:19 PM

12. While on the topic of doing away with Christmas related things, I suggest axing the "Gay Men's Choir." Might be a good Public Relations move.

Posted by: Gary | Dec 7, 2012 9:37:17 PM

13. Darn, wish I had seen this sooner. We wouldn't have spent all last week putting up lights outside on the house, decorating the inside and putting up two trees for our Christmas party. I wish whoever is in charge of THE GAY AGENDA would send me updates sooner.

Posted by: uflyguy | Dec 7, 2012 11:47:49 PM

14. Do people actually take Bill Orally seriously? I thought most folks knew that he is a tabloid and not serious journalist.

Posted by: andrew | Dec 8, 2012 3:55:30 AM

15. @ GARY :

F.U.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Dec 8, 2012 5:10:39 AM

16. As a Newbie, I am always searching online for articles that can help me. Thank you
    custom printed

Posted by: custom printed | Dec 8, 2012 5:45:51 AM

17. @Gary: "sniffing poppers on a NYC disco dance floor" is so Jason. Are you Jason? You can tell me, I won't tell the homofascists like Little Kiwi. I promise!

Posted by: andrew | Dec 8, 2012 7:55:28 AM

18. @Gary...you probably need to your gay stereotypes updated a bit. Studio 54 closed decades ago.

I have said it before and will say it again. If gays have so much power, why is getting a simple thing like marriage equality done so hard?

Posted by: Steve Chapman | Dec 8, 2012 8:35:28 AM

19. @GARY I have an even BETTER idea: let's axe YOU! I mean, really. What's it like to be Towleroad troll?

Posted by: jamal49 | Dec 8, 2012 10:02:16 AM

20. I am hoping for a war on lies and stupidity!

Posted by: billmiller | Dec 8, 2012 10:33:04 AM

21. FOX yahoos defining Christmas again?

Posted by: newz4i | Dec 8, 2012 10:51:19 AM

22. If anybody should be offended by this it's Christians. Really, Bill, ALL Christians are anti-gay and anti-abortion? Someone really should tell the Episcopalians that, as well as the MCC, the Unitarians, and the many other Protestant denominations that are accepting of gays and have theological reasons for doing so. Catholics as a group are among the most pro-gay despite what that old b*stard in Rome has to say.

Most Christians don't get their panties in a knot when someone says Happy Holidays to them instead of Merry Christmas. Most Christians celebrate their holiday the way they want and don't really care there isn't a creche in front of city hall or on public land.

O'Reilly and the Religious Right act as if Christians are some monolithic group with only one opinion on social issues, so it follows that if you don't agree with them then you aren't *really* Christian. If I were Christian that would really p*ss me off.

Posted by: Caliban | Dec 8, 2012 11:23:15 AM

23. Hilarous. Gays are better at hate than love, especially with "perceived" threat. If you want the right to be miserable and marry one of these stone bitches, be my guest. And FU is dated too.

Posted by: Gary | Dec 8, 2012 12:09:49 PM

24. Can't wait for Bill's head to explode when SCOTUS sees the light of day and grants us equality.

Posted by: DC Arnold | Dec 8, 2012 12:31:24 PM

25. This just in: Right-Wing Heterosexist Christian Agenda behind "War on Gays." So there...

Posted by: MajorTom | Dec 8, 2012 1:59:43 PM