Barack Obama | Guns | News

BigGayDeal.com

Obama Chokes Up Addressing Connecticut School Shooting: VIDEO

School_obama

Obama addressed today's tragic school shooting in Connecticut, wiping away tears as he spoke to reporters:

"The majority of those who died today were children — beautiful little kids between the ages of 5 and 10 years old...They had their entire lives ahead of them — birthdays, graduations, weddings, kids of their own....We've endured too many of these tragedies in the past few years, and each time I learn the news, I react not as a president, but as anybody else would, as a parent. And that was especially true today. I know there's not a parent in America who doesn't feel the same overwhelming grief that I do...These neighbors are our neighbors, and these children are our children, and we're going to have to come together and take meaningful action to prevent more tragedies like this — regardless of the politics."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. It is a moving speech. It also shows his helplessness before the formidable political obstacles to doing anything effective, other than a few vague words about action. Something is very wrong in this country.

Posted by: simon | Dec 14, 2012 7:36:34 PM

2. The reason the children are dead is because of psychotherapist and psychotropic drugs the man was involved with before he killed them.

Posted by: Bill | Dec 14, 2012 8:08:07 PM

3. Andy,
    You are so utterly and typically naive and predictable.

Posted by: I wont grow up | Dec 14, 2012 8:33:17 PM

4. that is what a president looks like guns don't kill people people kill people let's just get that straight for first off hand and second we have a right to bear arms it's not our fault they're evil people in the world me personally I have 3 daughters which 2 of them go to school and my heart goes out to the family who lost someone today I could not bear as a parent losing 1 of my children so when I saw the president get choked up it just goes to show you he has a heart

Posted by: Teresa | Dec 14, 2012 10:59:48 PM

5. @I WONT GROW UP: predictable? What are you blathering about?

Posted by: HUH | Dec 14, 2012 11:13:10 PM

6. Alan Brickman:
    I would imagine NRA counter argument is that they need more fire power to counter "evil" people who have access to rifles. They may need an army with tanks to protect themselves. They are just saying we don't care about small children as long as ours are safe.

Posted by: simon | Dec 15, 2012 2:06:00 AM

7. I love Barack Obama. As an Irish American, I am so proud that his roots are not just in Kenya but in that small Emerald Island: EIRE! Along with about 37,000,000 Americans

Posted by: andrew | Dec 15, 2012 2:08:51 AM

8. This is a good man!

Posted by: andrew | Dec 15, 2012 8:10:26 AM

9. People on psychiatric drugs kill.

Posted by: Tracy | Dec 15, 2012 11:02:57 AM

10. Oh please. I know people aren't that stupid. It's called crocodile tears. Someone needs to ask Mr. Obama about all the children killed by the drones he likes to play with in the M.E. and elsewhere. The man who received a Noble Peace Prize [even before he actually did ANYTHING!] actually has INCREASED our wars [sorry, conflicts].

ATTENTION SHILLS:

And I'd say the say friggin thing if it were George Bush.

Posted by: ratbastard | Dec 15, 2012 11:16:27 AM