Don't Ask, Don't Tell | Leffew Family | Military | News

The Leffew Family Interviews Gay Marine Brandon Morgan: VIDEO

BrandonMorgan

Gay Marine Brandon Morgan's reunion with beau Dalan Wells was national news. Out, proud and with no Don't Ask, Don't Tell to fear, Morgan was free to kiss the man he loves, providing an image of an American culture and military changed for the better.

Before this watershed year draws to a close, the Leffew Family, heroes in their own right, sat down with Morgan for one final 2012 interview to discuss that iconic kiss, Morgan's work with suicide prevention and what lies ahead for 2013. Watch their conversation AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. They are two great guys. Hope they have many years of happiness together.I got to admit that I was constantly checking out Brandon's guns. I know that he is a jarhead, but wow, those guns.

Posted by: andrew | Dec 30, 2012 10:37:57 AM

2. A kiss "heard" 'round the world. What a lovely pair. Just by being who they are they have made history.

Posted by: UFFDA | Dec 30, 2012 10:49:18 AM

3. Excellent interview. So much hotness (all three). Just got "The Right To Love", also. Truly important and so touching. Happiest New Year all!

Posted by: Geoff | Dec 30, 2012 11:01:44 AM

4. They seem like very different people, honestly. How sweet that they're so in love.

Posted by: Billy | Dec 30, 2012 11:33:42 AM

5. Great guys. I am very happy for them. I am also proud of the respect that they both have for the American military and its protocols.
    They are a wonderful example of how to love, and how to be respectful.
    I hope that their love grows over time, and that they cherish each other for years to come.

Posted by: Patrick | Dec 30, 2012 11:54:43 AM

6. sweet sweet sweet !
    Thank you.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Dec 30, 2012 12:29:10 PM

7. What a sweet, loving, sane, couple. My hats off to them and I wish them all the happiness life can give.

Posted by: jamal49 | Dec 30, 2012 1:04:40 PM

8. Thanks for posting this. We need more positive stories like this and I love that these guys are so cool and so comfortable with who they are and how they feel. We could learn from them.

Posted by: Bobby | Dec 30, 2012 1:42:59 PM

9. It's great to meet the guys behind the famous photo, for some reason my eyes are leaking...

Posted by: jsb | Dec 30, 2012 4:21:53 PM

10. What a splendid moment of intense emotion and focus, my eyes still leak when I see the pic. The interview picks up on the dynamics, banal and profound, of passionate male relationships. The church's pathological interference also plays a role in this story, and I love the remark about the Marine becoming a "one-man gay pride parade." Blessings and joy to all.

Posted by: Onnyjay | Dec 31, 2012 10:27:02 AM

11. God Bless Obama and God will kill the Pope if the Popes hate does not kill him first.

Posted by: Larry | Dec 31, 2012 8:31:09 PM

12. The real Satan's are the Pope and the anti-gay Christians who use religion and quack psychotherapy to kill LGBT people.

Posted by: Larry | Dec 31, 2012 8:44:59 PM

13. The video on this page is not the video that is supposed to be on this page, nor is there any help to see the video that this page says is supposed to be on this page. Why??

Posted by: fred | Jan 6, 2013 3:05:37 PM