Catholic Church | News | Religion | Vatican

BigGayDeal.com

Vatican-Allied Historian Compares Marriage Equality To Communism

CommunistposterThe Vatican really knows how to make good use of hyperbole, what with their constant warnings that LGBT equality will destroy society, devalues humanity and invites God's wrath.

The latest example of such histrionics can be found in the Vatican's semi-official newspaper, L’Osservatore Romano.

As the Washington Post points out, Vatican historian Lucetta Scaraffia penned a piece this week that claims those fighting for equality are simply charlatans who, like communists, want to dupe an adoring public into following them on a death march.

Historian Lucetta Scaraffia compared proponents of gay marriage, with their championing of “marriage equality,” to 20th-century communists who wooed millions with their promise of perfect social and economical equality.

In her L’Osservatore Romano article, Scaraffia echoed and developed Benedict’s argument [offends human truth]. To equate a traditional marriage between a man and a woman with a union between homosexuals amounts to a “negation of truth,” which would undermine “one of the basic structures of human society, family,” she wrote.

In the long run, she concluded, societies will end up paying "a very high price" for destroying family, "as it happened in the past with the attempts to create a complete social and economical equality."

Man, I never ever thought our opponents would figure out our plan, but there it is, in black and white. The jig is up...

Comments

1. Well, Jack, I can tell you that Colin Finnerty was targeted by the gay community because he was Irish-American. There is a lot of unfair (repulsive, really) hatred for them in the Manhattan gay scene, which is ...their choice (I guess)..and I've watched it for a long time, but this was the FIRST time they thought they could actually GET an Irish kid put in prison (whether guilty or not was beside the point). Zip ahead to today: Colin Finnerty (who really WAS a nice person from a nice charitable family from the beginning) is a grown handsome multi-millionaire (after suing for being falsely prosecuted), living in Manhattan; the DA Mike Nifong went to prison himself and lost his license; and Belonsky's diva hero is in prison for stabbing her boyfriend to death. Towle and Belonsky hide, as does Andy Humm and Allan Gurganus. You don't have to read the book on the case, but at the very least familiarize yourself with it on Wikipedia. Or look at the gay protestors in 2006 on YouTube, holding up the "Castrate" sign. AND become a little more aware that you're a lowly mick to Manhattan anglophile gays (who are probably just secretly jealous, considering how many of them secretly go after bue collar micks). And they don't reflect on the homosexual, overall, many of who desire "celts" sexually quite a bit.

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 21, 2012 2:58:40 AM

2. He won't.

Posted by: DD | Dec 21, 2012 2:59:16 AM

3. Dan B. : You should hear what they say when you leave the room.

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 21, 2012 3:00:28 AM

4. Uhh...Dan B. Did you see the links to the Towleroad articles I provided?

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 21, 2012 3:01:49 AM

5. YouTube vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXv_s1GQQAw

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 21, 2012 3:04:27 AM

6. Don't forget, while Finnerty was being ripped to shreds by Andy Towle and Andrew Belonsky, what was going on in Durham? NC's loudest homophobe, Victoria Peterson (a female of color) was encouraging violence rom The New Black Panther Party (who want the death penalty for gays). They especially targetted the one defendent who was half-Jewish for death threats, then they made sure to make the addresses of all the falsely accused available to every lunatic (these were homes where innocent family members lived, children and everything). Wasn't the REAL story here : look how repulsive a homophobe would act?? She called for violence against innocent people. But NO, who does Belonsky and the gays side with in that case? The homophobes!! Dancing and chanting with them outside the house. That's HOW deep the hatred of white heterosexual athletes (especially Irish Catholics) runs in certain gay cliques.

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 21, 2012 3:12:22 AM

7. Yeah, I looked on Wikipedia....there is nothing about the book there, nor is there anything about "the gay clique", this site or anything about gay people in any regards to the case of which you talk about.

You have yet to prove any gay link or any of your Matthew Shepherd claims either Funinsnow.

There is a hatred for Irish-American's in the Manhattan gay community? What is this the 1850's?? What color is the sky in your world? Good grief man, get help.

Posted by: DD | Dec 21, 2012 3:12:23 AM

8. DD : The link to the book Until Proven Innocent (the NY Times bestseller) is right below the wikipedia article on the case. And, I agree with you: they DO act like it's 1855, still thinking hating the Irish will give them a type of "class". It's pathetic.

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 21, 2012 3:16:26 AM

9. The chapter on gay complicity is called Strange Bedfellows. (And don't think it's homophobic b.s. The author has always been pro-gay and pro-gay-marriage).

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 21, 2012 3:17:51 AM

10. I wasn't serious with the 1850 line, I was pointing out how absurd you are.

Posted by: DD | Dec 21, 2012 3:18:55 AM

11. And now to bed : but anyone can ask me any time at all for more info. to confirm anything I've stated here, and I'll do my best to find it. Though you can research all this yourself as well. And do NOT forget..there are some super-vicious gay dudes out there. Don't get mad at me for being the messenger.

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 21, 2012 3:21:13 AM

12. You: .

Reality: .

Posted by: DD | Dec 21, 2012 3:23:23 AM

13. Oh...lol...you called me FuninSnow above. Better do that little "you" "reality" dot thing for yourself. I have no opinion on Shephard. THAT was a midwest case. The Duke lacrosse case was right here, all around me, and involved people I know.

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 21, 2012 3:30:30 AM

14. You can come up from out of your shelter now, YUPP. The world didn't end. But keep your tinfoil hat close by and ready for the next crackpot theory that comes along.

Posted by: BETTY | Dec 22, 2012 3:06:40 AM

15. Still stalking me, "Betty" ? Why not, at least, comment on the subject we were acually discussing here?

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 22, 2012 3:09:35 AM

16. Yeah right. Stalking? Says the guy who replied to my post on an old topic in under 5 minutes.

Discussing? Uh, you are just throwing out goofy claims and broad sweeping genralizations that make no sense at all. Most of us are just shaking our heads and laughing at your silliness. You must be the guy who clears a room whenever he enters because no one wants to hear your crackpot conspiracy theories.

Posted by: BETTY | Dec 22, 2012 4:07:54 AM

17. My only "conspiracy theory" is that I believe "Betty" is actually a grown man.

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 22, 2012 4:16:14 AM

18. And I hate Irish people...don't forget that too!

Give me a break!

Sarcasm.

Posted by: BETTY | Dec 22, 2012 4:23:53 AM

19. People have a right to hate whoever they want. It's not for me to tell people how to think. But when they actually make the effort to try to cause undeserved harm to those they hate is when they've crossed the line.

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 22, 2012 4:50:40 AM

20. Oh dear Lord it was sarcasm. You are the one who says the "Manhattan gay clique" hates Irish men.

Go to bed.