Film | Hugh Jackman | News | Russell Crowe

BigGayDeal.com

Watch 'One Day More' From 'Les Misérables': VIDEO

LesMisOneDay

Raise your hand if you're excited to see Les Misérables. Good.

Well now you can get more excited by watching this video of the star-studded cast, including Hugh Jackman, Amanda Seyfried, Russell Crowe and Eddie Redmayne, singing one of the musical's most beloved, famous songs, "One Day More" AFTER THE JUMP.

Video via La Sexta:

Comments

1. Yeah, but Bill, I'm a big fan of it too, and I think they destroyed it and now I won't get to see a GOOD musical version. Thus the negativity. It's okay if you like it though. Like with Baz Luhrman films (discussed elsewhere)..to each his own.

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 20, 2012 3:30:18 PM

2. I agree that the voices aren't that strong; however, it's the editing that I hate the most.

I understand that it's difficult to follow all of the different characters in a film but the rapid cuts were seizure inducing.

Posted by: Bob Hope | Dec 20, 2012 3:32:35 PM

3. Yupp. Don't disagree with your perspective. I guess it's the math/science half-of-my-brain logic reminds me that I did see a great musical. the musical !! (original London production...weaping with friends and walking the streets after the show) This unfortunately, is hollywood, an entirely different creature.

Posted by: BillinSonoma | Dec 20, 2012 4:30:20 PM

4. Bill : Okay. (I'm envious of you getting to see that original production !).

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 20, 2012 4:33:17 PM

5. It just makes me crazy that they cast musicals with actors-who-can-sing rather than singers-who-can-act. I think the musical of Les Mis is a masterpiece; the songs will rip your heart out as they simply lay out the facts without sentiment. So many types of people, such different experiences, expressed so brilliantly. Maybe the movie will be better than this clip, but dang, I agree that it was undersung and overacted. The Thendariers looked like they might be good, but other than that... Russell Crowe seems terribly miscast. Philip Quast set the bar out of most people's reach.

Posted by: Linda | Dec 20, 2012 4:47:03 PM

6. Linda : Quast sure was a scary police fanatic I would NOT want stalking me throughout France or anywhere. (Crowe I'd just push down).

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 20, 2012 4:49:48 PM

7. Yupp: Genuinely intimidating, yet poignantly vulnerable. Who else has ever done that with Javert? He spoiled us forever.

Posted by: Linda | Dec 20, 2012 5:02:41 PM

8. When I first heard they recorded their vocals live, I thought it made sense; the acting is more important. After the clips I've seen, I think they should have lip-synced to their prerecorded doctored-up vocals while filming. Everyone's vocals sound either too flat, tinny, or uncontrolled. It may be a movie, but it's a musical: the music has to be at the forefront. Fans have high expectations because of the excellent recordings out there. I think the people who are going to like this movie the most are those that haven't listened to cast albums a bajillion times and don't know names like Colm Wilkinson, Philip Quast, Judy Kuhn, Michael Ball, etc. For me, I want to see it and like it - but it will never be a suitable substitute for the stage version. I do realize I'm judging before I see it, so i hope I'm wrong.

Posted by: Morgan | Dec 20, 2012 6:32:38 PM

9. As usual, "South Park" did it better:

Posted by: gr8guyca | Dec 20, 2012 7:29:44 PM

10. What a mess.

Posted by: Davelandia | Dec 20, 2012 8:11:08 PM

11. I love the musical.
    I love these actors.
    I love this song.

The quick cuts are nauseating. I'm wondering if I can even watch this on a big screen. It completely loses what we got on the stage.

I expect it will be wonderful in the intimate moments, but this is NOT good.

Posted by: mammmabear | Dec 20, 2012 10:32:34 PM

12. Damn.

Russell Crowe is going to ruin this. As I feared, his vocal range is too limited for Javert.

Posted by: Eric Payne | Dec 21, 2012 1:25:54 AM

13. Yeah...it's not Colm, or Michael Ball, or Quast...but it's not bad at all. It's going to feel different from on stage just because it's not on stage. Crowe's probably the weakest of the major parts as far as the vocals go (he'll take some getting used to), but he's pretty good.

And the red flags are fabulous!

Posted by: rjones2818 | Dec 21, 2012 8:56:52 AM

14. I've spent weeks trying to get my head around this film and I hate to say it, I agree with the majourity consensus: Russell Crowe is not doing well portraying Javert. The singing is on the forefront of his focus and he seems to have trouble acting because of that.

I don't know if it's just me, but Amanda Seyfried sounded really really dull. It's as if there is no life behind it, which is bad considering that Cosette is supposed to the light in the darkness. Just my opinion though.

Posted by: Itarille | Dec 24, 2012 5:36:58 AM

15. I thought it was really good. I'd give it 8/10 but I think others may like it more.

As far as singing, Russell Crowe is the worst possible choice for Javert, but the film survives it. Amanda Seyfried's bizarre trilling as Cosette is more appropriate to a horror musical, but the film survives that as well.

My advice: wait for it over satellite, unless you like I Dreamed a Dream with the sound of popcorn munching cows all around you.

Posted by: Randy | Dec 25, 2012 7:26:48 PM

16. I haven't seen it, but I've realized that, from clips, when Eddie Redmayne is singing to her through the gate he looks and sounds EXACTLY like Kermit the Frog.

Posted by: Yupp | Dec 28, 2012 6:29:42 AM