Film | Star Trek

Watch The Teaser Trailer For 'Star Trek Into Darkness': VIDEO

StarTrekDarkness

The official full-length Star Trek Into Darkness trailer won't be released until next Friday, when The Hobbit comes out, but this teaser for JJ Abrams' second crack at the beloved franchise gives fans plenty of bits and pieces to chew on.

Watch Kirk, Spock and the rest of the crew battle a new villain rumored to be wrathful Khan AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. Narration sounds like Shinzon.

The reboot film was great, but in keeping with Star Trek tradition, this one is bound to suck.

Posted by: Randy | Dec 6, 2012 2:20:47 PM

2. If JJ makes sulu gay then I will definitely watch. Loved John Cho in the first movie.

Posted by: mshenko | Dec 6, 2012 2:34:14 PM

3. When do we get to see the Space Hippies?

Posted by: DLRnATL | Dec 6, 2012 2:42:34 PM

4. I'm still pissed off about the destruction of Vulcan. It was one of the founding members of the federation! And they would really do themselves a favor by adding some exploration and moral tales to the story. It's not Star Trek without it, even if it is just a little side story.

And Kahn's story would still have to involve him in the 20th century, because the timeline doesn't change until 2233. But I'm pretty sure its going to be Garth of Izar because I'm almost certain that was a stolen Starfleet ship coming out of the water.

Posted by: Brandon H | Dec 6, 2012 3:40:48 PM

5. How many films do I have to wait until this Kirk and crew have go back to the 20th Century and bring back some humpback whales? That's my favorite one!

Posted by: Keith | Dec 6, 2012 5:50:51 PM

6. JJ Abrams sure likes to smash stuff up, doesn't he? Pity almost everything I've seen by him jumps the shark in the end--he's always so pleased with his incredible premises/pilots, he never seems to think through the entire thing to the end. (Plot coherence? What's that?)

I'm officially joining the "whatever, dude" club on this. My partner can go see it with our friends.

Posted by: Dback | Dec 6, 2012 7:27:59 PM

7. It's definitely not Khan. Just watching the trailer, you can see that much.

As others have stated, it's probably Mitchell, a character from the original series who ended up with god-like powers that drove him bonkers.

If it's not Mitchell, it's probably some entirely new character, but the smart money is on Mitchell.

(Karl Urban, aka Bones, already basically let the cat out of the bag -- the only chance that it isn't Mitchell is if Urban purposefully gave us all a head fake. It's possible, but I doubt it.)

Posted by: Ryan | Dec 6, 2012 8:33:18 PM

8. My nerd head exploded in happiness...I've seen the first one over 20 times, LOVE what they are doing and will be front and center when this one comes out.

Posted by: John | Dec 6, 2012 9:12:12 PM

9. Never watched a Star trek movie to save my life but I am watching this one just for the CUmberbatch. Gosh I will listen to this trailer in a loop just to hear his orgasmic voice, yum!

Posted by: Mercedes | Dec 7, 2012 7:49:47 AM

10. This gave me the goosebumps. I cannot wait! JJ Abrams is the man and I must've watched the first installment four or five times.

Posted by: JAMES | Dec 7, 2012 8:53:11 PM