Wedding Portrait: Dan Savage and Terry Miller

Miller_savage

From Sunday's kick-off to marriage equality in Washington state.

Nate Gowdy of the Seattle Gay News writes us:

"I had the opportunity to put together a team of four photographers to host a photobooth for just about each of the 138 just-married couples at Seattle City Hall on Sunday, Dec. 9. Here's my shot of Dan Savage and Terry Miller — If you keep clicking through, there are 75 images in all. While my team took formals I got to roam around inside the lobby after all other media was booted after half an hour, so there are some shots you won't find anywhere else."

Also at the Seattle Gay News Flickr photostream.

Comments

1. Fenrox says

Aaaaand that’s why people hate Dan Savage. Funny, smart, accomplished, measured, HOT, HOT BOYFRIEND, successful.

Every time people say they hate him they can’t ever point to a definitive example because Dan always apologizes when wrong and properly defends himself when right. It’s the dummies who have poor reading comprehension and massive ego problems that can’t get past him. And I get it, I hate some people for being so much younger, richer, gayer and hotter than me, IT HAPPENS.

Dan however is a hero and a model that I look up to, I have looked up to him since I was 14 and calling into his sex advice radio show, I bought his limited comics. Don’t worry Vikki Victims, you can ignore everything I say too because I am clearly a fan boy.

2. The Milkman says

Congratulations to the happy couple… and to all the other newly-married folks too.

And I wanna sop that Terry Miller up with a biscuit. Damn.

3. RK says

Congratulations to all! I respect Dan Savage and Terry Miller. They stand up for the Community. We should applaud them. Beautiful family picture of the the Savage-Millers and their son. That’s family!

4. Caliban says

DJ was born via a surrogate, right? Has Dan Savage ever said which of them is the “bio-dad”? The only reason I ask is the striking resemblance between DJ and Terry. Maybe it’s just the eyebrows and the way their heads are tilted.

5. Caliban says

Thanks, Eric. I never read any of Dan’s books so I wasn’t sure. In that photo, except for hair color, there is a similarity between DJ and Terry I thought might be biological.

6. bandanajack says

i was adopted at 4, and over time my dad and i came to look like “spitting images”, easily identifiable as father and son. i guess its just the nature of people living in close contact to begin to resemble on another.

7. says

They’ve been married for years, yet they try to pass themselves off as newlyweds, milking Washington marriage equality for every drop of publicity they can get out of it . . . and naturally, Towleroad is eager to act as a sugartit.

8. The Milkman says

They were married in Canada years ago, not in their home state. Stuffed Animal can stuff it.

9. Bob R says

Very handsome couple. Congratulations regardless of whether this is the first time or a repeating of the vows in America. Grow old together, the best is yet to come.

10. DeeperStill says

@OverstuffedAnimal:

You really should seek some help. You are clearly not getting any better. And I don’t think your manic writings for an audience of two, will do the trick entirely. Seriously.

11. Perscors says

I’d take Dan and his marriage more seriously if it weren’t an open relationship. We can do better when choosing a “model couple” to reflect the kind of love and commitment we’ve fought so hard for.